What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Skinning Poise

Official support for: onesmallclue.com

Moderator: very angry mobster

very angry mobster
KVRian

1212 posts since 14 Dec, 2003, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby very angry mobster; Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:18 pm Skinning Poise

Skins for Poise can be found at:
http://www.onesmallclue.com/poise_skins.php.

How to install a skin:
As of version 1.0.8 installing skins is easier. In the same location as the Poise.dll file there is a 'skins' directory. To install any of the skins below, download the skin zip file and extract the contents to the 'skins' directory. Each skin should be in it's own sub-directory. To start using the new skin, load Poise and go to 'menu->skins'.

How to create a skin:
Poise loads all skin graphics each time the GUI is re-opened. Skin data for individual skins is located in the 'skins' directory. To create a new skin, copy and rename the 'Default' skin directory. Edit or replace the contained files to create your new skin. The config.txt file can be edited to change font colors and a few other things.

The wiki contains some info about the size of the GUI components and skinning info.

Some useful apps:
g200kg's Knobman
Knobman is the most excellent tool for creating knob image strips! Very useful for any skin developer.

Sib Icon Editor
A free icon editor. Export's png files. Easy to use.

- Shannon
Last edited by very angry mobster on Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:37 pm, edited 13 times in total.
kyodeejay
KVRian

635 posts since 19 Dec, 2003

Postby kyodeejay; Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:12 pm

I already have Poise. However, i'd like see how of difficult is do them and maybe I'll do one. Could you email me the update? (liquidproj3ct@...)
very angry mobster
KVRian

Postby very angry mobster; Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:25 pm

Email sent. Shout out if you have any problems/questions.
very angry mobster
KVRian

Postby very angry mobster; Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:20 pm

George has finished a skin. Download gfskin.zip. Screenshot.

To install the skin, extract the files from the .zip file. Copy the new files over the contents of the 'Skin' sub-directory (found where Poise is installed).
silicon/silicium
KVRAF

1880 posts since 13 Jul, 2004

Postby silicon/silicium; Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:09 am

my first attempt, I m not graphic designer at all, but I wanted to try some funky colors!
silicon/silicium
KVRAF

Postby silicon/silicium; Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:19 am

UPDATE!!
very angry mobster
KVRian

Postby very angry mobster; Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:23 am

Hey, nice work S.S., I like what you've done with the waveform display background. Those knobs are chunky and nice too!
silicon/silicium
KVRAF

Postby silicon/silicium; Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:55 am

I almost finished my skin, here are a few FR:
-nav bars in the sample preview and in the browser are grey, and I need them to be black. Maybe a .txt config file in the skin folder could do the job.
-same for the selected sample in the browser, it's gray, and I need blue :)

Also, while we are at it, I think some knobs need to be moved, or at least affected to a different bitmap: as you can see, I used colors for knobs imho, main knobs should be a pitch knob, two vol/amp knobs, and two "fx knobs"
Laso as humanize and mod functions are per pad, I do think they should jump in the main section instead of a thumb in the sample section.

-the three "pads" to navigate between thumbs in sample view should have a dedicated GUI element, currently they are zommed and blurry. baaaaaaad ;)

Those knobs are chunky and nice too!

I discovered knobmaker, wow, what a nice little app!
Limeflavour
KVRian

559 posts since 26 Jun, 2005, from Sweden

Postby Limeflavour; Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:30 am

Ok, i've made an effort to skin this too...
There are several elements i cannot locate, i can't see the changes when the png is altered.
-ButtonPressed.png
-Copy.png
-SampleItemSelected.png
-SetupPanel.png
-Swap.png

Here's my try, currentl it's a wip project.
silicon/silicium
KVRAF

Postby silicon/silicium; Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:31 am

copy and swap are displayed in the lcd/sample waveform zone when you swop or copy pads (ctrl+drag, or alt+drag). can you tell me what is the bitmap corresponding to env, sample and mod buttons?
very angry mobster
KVRian

Postby very angry mobster; Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:19 pm

can you tell me what is the bitmap corresponding to env, sample and mod buttons?

'MiniPanelButton.png'. It was introduced in the last update (1.0.6).

-ButtonPressed.png
-SampleItemSelected.png
-SetupPanel.png

These files might not be used any more.

I'll see if I can set up a config file or something to change the color of the sliders,text etc.

I discovered knobmaker, wow, what a nice little app!

Knobmaker is great! Some people are doing really nice things with it. g200kg has also released another app, SkinMan. I haven't looked at it yet. Might be good also.
silicon/silicium
KVRAF

Postby silicon/silicium; Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:36 pm

another idea: being able to set some texts transparent so we could use custom build in the main gui fonts. it could although be problematic at this point, as features and gui may change.
very angry mobster
KVRian

Postby very angry mobster; Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:58 pm

@LimeFlavour: I like what you've done with the browser and the wave display. The colour looks great.

I've started working on a skin config file... might be ready tomorrow with a bit of luck. If not, maybe sometime next week.

Planned features:
- Text labels On/Off.
- Text color

I don't want to change the layout of the GUI at this point. Significant changes would probably break compatibility with any skins that may be developed. However I'm not 100% happy with the Choke/Pad Output controls...
jamester
KVRist

382 posts since 4 Sep, 2005

Postby jamester; Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:11 am

Limeflavour wrote:Here's my try, currentl it's a wip project.

That's really fantastic!

I was thinking of making a similar skin, but with this being so good there's really no point...
very angry mobster
KVRian

Postby very angry mobster; Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:51 pm

Poise has been updated to 1.0.7. The only change is support for a skin config.txt file. The update can be downloaded from the Members page at
http://www.onesmallclue.com

The config.txt file allows:
- colors for sliders and text to be changed.
- labels to be made transparent
- button text to be made transparent.
- Load different images
- Assign different images to different components. (For example, each Drum Pad could have it's own unique image. Each knob could have it's own unique image strip).

GUI Details.zip has been updated and now has details about how to edit the config.txt file.
Last edited by very angry mobster on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next

Moderator: very angry mobster

Return to One Small Clue