Gold Pro Parametric EQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After playing with some knobs (Knobman) contributed here, i made this nice eq.

* Five flexible paremetric bands (Low, Lowmid, Mid, Highmid, High).
* All bands has selectable frequencies.
* Frequencies range from 20 Hz ~ 20 K.
* Three Q-points per band.
* -10/+10 dB bandgain.
* Each band has on/off buttons.
* Autobandoff feature.
* Global EQ bypass.
* Main volume out.
* Main pan.
* Phase inverter.
* Cpu friendly.

Credits goes to Ddsl, Hlis93 and many others for their gui ideas.

Download:
http://www.terrywest.110mb.com/goldpro13.zip

thanks terry.. doing some mixing today , might give it a spin and see/listen:)

Good to see you are still making plug-ins Terry!

I believe I have the whole collection and, enjoy them all.

Cheers!
OMNIFEX

14.8 GB Of VST Effects And Growing By The Moment :D

Hi Terry,

Your offer of assistance on my eq is not forgotten. If you like I could supply you with a custom five band eq module that would use significantly less cpu than using the DH modules. If you're interested contact me here or by pm.

The eq seems to be working fine here but the band width of the high band seems to go out of control when frequency is set to 20 khz. Also I'm not sure if all the frequencies actually are what they say on the controls?

Nice work mate. Cheers,

Matt.
Last edited by matt42 on Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Terry,

When you increase the 20,000 kHz to 10 dB, it offers what seems to be a flat amplified signal.

Cheers!
OMNIFEX

14.8 GB Of VST Effects And Growing By The Moment :D

OMNIFEX wrote:Terry,

When you increase the 20,000 kHz to 10 dB, it offers what seems to be a flat amplified signal.

Cheers!
I seem to get this simply by setting the bandwith control to 3 and frequency to 20. Even with bandwith set to 2 the bandwith is too wide.

Also I might be wrong but it looks like the filter responce changes from a peak filter to a shelf at 20 khz? And that the bandwith control is lowering the centre frequency of the high shelf?

matt42 wrote:Hi Terry,
If you like I could supply you with a custom five band eq module that would use significantly less cpu than using the DH modules...

The eq seems to be working fine here but the band width of the high band seems to go out of control when frequency is set to 20 khz. Also I'm not sure if all the frequencies actually are what they say on the controls?
Thanks Matt for your quick reply.
First, i made it today while fooling around with the gui design etc.
And i thought the DH's sounds better than the internal filter of se.
And yes, i appreciate to use your module, thanks in advance (any link)?

I have no idea why the 20 khz goes weird, maybe DH knows.
But is 20 khz that important, because it's almost the highest freq usable.
All switches for the bands are "fixed values" sending to the Center Freq of DH (20000 should be 20 khz).

Thanks again.

matt42 wrote:Also I might be wrong but it looks like the filter responce changes from a peak filter to a shelf at 20 khz? And that the bandwith control is lowering the centre frequency of the high shelf?
Weird, the High-band was set as peak filter.
DH's filter not changes automatic from peak to shelf, does it?
There's nothing wrong with the se code... believe me, double checked else i eat my aw16g.

Edit: you are all right guys, just checked and 20 does weird.
It seems not all the time, it seems it can't handle the Freq-change when dial the knob.
Last edited by TerryW on Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

TerryW wrote:i appreciate to use your module, thanks in advance (any link)?
Ok, I've sent you a pm :)

Believe me or not, this is EXACTLY what I have been looking for for the past month and a half (too long to explain). Maybe because of my jurassic system, but I get none of the problems mentioned above, all works just great.
I really don't know how to thank you for this fantastic thing!!!

P.S.: please somebody deliver me from my ignorance: what's the phase inverter do precisely?

Mac of BIOnighT wrote:P.S.: please somebody deliver me from my ignorance: what's the phase inverter do precisely?
It just flips the phase of the signal by 180 degrees. All this means is that your audio which can range between +1 and -1 gets multiplied by -1, so a value of 1 would become -1 and a value of -1 would become 1. This can be useful on live recordings where you might have phase cancellation problems. Otherwise you probably don't need it as you won't be able to hear any difference with it on or off.

Hope that helps,

Matt

Oh, I think I got it now, it's kind of like when you position microphones wrongly and they like "eliminate" sound instead of picking it up, right? In that case I do not need it, strictly vst's in my set up...
Thanks for explaining! :)

Since I've never used any of your plugins, Terry. Just the usual Q: SE/SM/Pluggo or something else?

And an official page with the rest of your collection would be nice - just for getting an overview.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:Since I've never used any of your plugins, Terry. Just the usual Q: SE/SM/Pluggo or something else?

And an official page with the rest of your collection would be nice - just for getting an overview.
Hi Compyfox,
It's made in SE, and still working on it, fixing a few things.
Here's my website: http://www.terrywest.110mb.com

Terry.

Return to “Effects”