Any Uhbik?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:hyper:
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

I bought it already, and heartily recommend it to others. There are no presets in the pre-release yet, but hey, they're effects and they have good interfaces, so what do you need presets for?

Every single one of those plugins is excellently fun and unique. My favorite is uhbik-F, which is definitely not just a flanger (it does crazy thru-zero stuff that most flangers don't, PLUS if also works as a chorus or a vibrato quite easily and well)

</tries to hold on to credit card>...

:lol:

Optoweekly says "THESE THINGS KICK ASS...."

SoundReviewomadic raves "WHAT DID I DO BEFORE UHBIK ??"

So get yours today and your face too can look like :shock: :D :love:!
stay juicy!

Download SOphist wrote:</tries to hold on to credit card>...
If you type with one hand, you can buy it without letting go!

Seriously, this thing is genius. You can set the frequency shifter to shift based on tempo! Seriously! I never even thought of it before, but it makes so much sense now that someone else has done it... I mean, a number of hrtz is a measurement of time after all, so why not have a plugin that translates the length of a 16th note or something into the frequency shift amount!

Everything about these plugins just screams quality and quirkyness.

I suppose the cracks are due to the fact it's a demo version, right?
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:I suppose the cracks are due to the fact it's a demo version, right?
I dunno. I bought it too quickly to find out what the demo limitation was :oops:

I have the demos, and I've given them a cursory tryout. I'd like to buy them based on Urs's reputation and my love of Zebra2, and for the deep discount.

Maybe it's because I lack experience and knowledge that I don't see what's so special about these effects. Could someone please explain why they are better than things I now have from WaveArts, Cakewalk, Sonitus, etc? I'd like to like Ubhik, but I don't get it yet.

Don't be cruel (as a singer once said), just give me a few clues as to why I will be happy if I buy these.

Thanks!
Dave Burns
Lowell, MA

More equipment than skill...

Urs wrote:Image

The Thread

The Post <- d/l link

The Website
Hey! Great plugins with smooth sound. Make some Chorus plugin since you are doing all this phasing/spatial/shifting things so good :hihi:

kmonkey wrote:
Urs wrote:Image

The Thread

The Post <- d/l link

The Website
Hey! Great plugins with smooth sound. Make some Chorus plugin since you are doing all this phasing/spatial/shifting things so good :hihi:
The flanger works as a chorus too. Just increase the delay time and lose the feedback.

dburns wrote:Could someone please explain why they are better than things I now have from WaveArts, Cakewalk, Sonitus, etc? I'd like to like Ubhik, but I don't get it yet.
This is kind of difficult to explain, because it's not necessarily visible in the gui.

Uhbiks are quite expensive on cpu because they make no compromise for sound quality. Unfortunately it occurred to me that often the simple things such as flanger and chorus are totally neglected and thus the standard-stuff-that-comes-with-the-daw might not deserve to be on your tracks. They're still highly optimized, because you can't get many phasers with up to 42 (!) stages that are oversampled and still munch less cpu.

From then on it's mostly down to little things. Such as the auto reset in the frequency shifter and its pretty unique sync to host tempo.

Nevertheless, the package also still lacks one effect, dubbed "Uhbik-X". This one is a 4-tier stack of Uhbiks which adds all sorts of modulations (ModMatrix) and various serial/parallel/multiband routings. The lack of this is almost the only reason why these are still in beta.

Lastly, they're all surround capable. While this may not be important for most people now, it may be a big deal for others and also a good thing to know for days to come.

;) Urs

dburns wrote:Could someone please explain why they are better than things I now have from WaveArts, Cakewalk, Sonitus, etc? I'd like to like Ubhik, but I don't get it yet.
Yes, that has to be one of the typical questions. I asked myself the same question. My answer is: They simply sound great, no matter what you do with them. They are full of sweetspots. And at first I was tricked by exactly that! I thought: Hey, now what is so special about them? This happens to me with stuff that sounds so natural, so normal to me because I know such quality from good professionally created music that I listen to: THEY JUST SOUND REALLY GOOD!!!
So I made the reverse check with some other plugins and then it was clear. Because they don't sound as good as the UHBIKs.
UHBIK: Must have, happy have. :D

Shogger
What?

A quick test:

These sound very nice - very high quality and smooth.

The GUI are seem very well thought out - I really like the knobs. (!)

I did some quick comparisons to my benchmark FX - SoundToys - and these sounded very comparable. Was it just me or did the filters sound smoother?!

Ambience processor looks interesting.

A very attractive looking package I intend to investigate further...exciting stuff....
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

i really enjoyed Ambience on a quick listen. overall i'm impressed. problem is i've been saving for Zebra, and now... this. Oh, the agony of choice!

Return to “Effects”