If you do encounter a bug, we would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this causes you. We'd also like to reassure you that we will work hard to ensure that all bugs are dealt with rapidly - as a company, our main priority is to iron out all these problems as soon as possible there are currently two developers devoting there time working on solving these issues, and we also have several people testing and working on solutions. Unlike most companies, we are keeping our bug list publicly viewable, as we believe its the most efficient way to communicate with our users - and also there's nothing like having it public to motivate us to resolve these issues rapdily!
We would appreciate both your patience and assistance in helping us to recreate the issue you have.
How To Report A Bug
Before reporting a bug, it would be helpful if you could check the FAQs on the support page, and also check this thread to see if it has already been reported - only add an additional report if you feel you can add some useful information for locating the problem.
Please copy and paste the following, and fill in at least the REPRODUCE, EXPECTED BEHAVIOUR and OBSERVED BEHAVIOUR fields:
- Code: Select all
HOW TO REPRODUCE:
If Alchemy is failing to start up properly, please paste the contents of the AlchemyLog.txt file afterwards.
Mac users who experience a crash should email the crash log to support(at)camelaudio.com with the title 'Mac Crash Log'. You can obtain the crash log by going to your username Library/Logs/CrashReporter folder and finding your sequencer log, or when it crashes you can click on Report and copy the text into an email.
ASSIGNED TO: If the status is Cannot Repeat, then this should be the name of the support person who is following up with the user. If the status is Confirmed then it should be the name of a developer. If its related to the GUI it should be 'Rob', if its a problem with a particular preset or sample (eg. tuning issue) it should be assigned to 'Tim' and otherwise should be 'John'.
STATUS: What's the current status with the bug - must be one of: Investigating / Cannot Repeat / Confirmed / Not a Bug / Fixed In Update
VERSION: Please give the Alchemy version number, operating system and host in which the problem occurs.
HOW TO REPRODUCE: Complete steps to reproduce the bug. We can only fix the problem if we can recreate it, so please ensure that following these steps reliable reproduces the problem.
EXPECTED BEHAVIOUR: Expected behavior
OBSERVED BEHAVIOUR: Observed (buggy) behavior. If an error message is displayed, please type the contents in here. Please do not include screenshots - we will request them if we really need them.
The following is information is intended for moderators of this forum. Keeping this thread up to date and tidy is a top priority as it allows the developers to most efficiently solve the problems. Please moderate this thread thoroughly and frequently to ensure it complies with the rules below:
- Move bugs reported elsewhere to this thread and remove the other reports
- Reformat any bugs which do not comply exactly with the form above. If the user has reported multiple bugs in each post, each bug report must be as specified as above.
- Move feature requests to the suggestions thread.
- Remove any posts from this thread which are not bug reports.
- Remove any duplicate bug reports and merge any additional information contained in the extra bug report into the original report.
- Any bugs which have a status of 'Investigating' should be investigated by you, if you have access to the given operating system and host. If you can repeat it then please set the status to 'Confirmed' and set the ASSIGNED TO field. If you have the same setup but can't repeat it, then set the status to 'Cannot Repeat' and set the ASSIGNED TO field to your KvR name. Then email or PM the user and request further information. Correspond with the user until you are able to repeat the problem. If the user does not respond to repeated requests for information within a period of two weeks from the time the bug is reported then delete the report.
When a new update is released:
- Remove any bugs with status 'Fixed In Update', also remove bugs with status 'Not a Bug'.
(This thread was rewritten by Ben [Camel Audio]).
Tim: NOTE: beta testers are currently testing new versions, so if you see a different revision number in the reports then the one you have, do not worry. We will notify all users when an update is ready for download on the support site.