What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Alchemy Suggestions

Official support for: camelaudio.com

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

kx.001
KVRian

990 posts since 1 Sep, 2010, from Birmingham, UK

Postby kx.001; Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:39 am

magog wrote:I'll buy Alchemy if it is ported to Linux VST. :D

I'd pay the upgrade fee if it were in version 2 ;)
ZZZzzZZzz..zz....zzzzz
My SoundCloud
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

10263 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:50 am

Did someone say Linux? I think that almost makes 10 requests in 3 years ... :)

The main problem is not porting the plugin - that is relatively easy. It's the extra time required to test Alchemy properly (and fix Linux only bugs), which is a really significant amount of work for such a complicated plugin. That said, we will continue to consider it because it would be great to provide new tools to Linux users.

So is anyone successfully using Alchemy on Linux now, with Wine? I have not tested it recently, but it was certainly working with an earlier version ...

Peace,
Andy.
Benutzername
KVRist

213 posts since 23 Jan, 2008, from Hamburg, Germany

Postby Benutzername; Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:13 am

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Did someone say Linux? I think that almost makes 10 requests in 3 years ...:)

There are a lot of pepole making music with Linux. They just stopped making requests because nobody was listening. :)

ZenPunkHippy wrote:So is anyone successfully using Alchemy on Linux now, with Wine? I have not tested it recently, but it was certainly working with an earlier version ...

Works fine here (current Ubuntu 32 bit and Arch 64 bit, REAPER 4.15 with Wine). :)

There are some small glitches under Gnome at times when the preset and sample menus grow too large but this can be worked around.
kx.001
KVRian

990 posts since 1 Sep, 2010, from Birmingham, UK

Postby kx.001; Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:33 am

yay! Almost double figures :D Works OK under wine here, but I get CPU spikes frequently causing crashing and audio dropouts (just with WINE in general, not the plugin) so have got Renoise instead.
ZZZzzZZzz..zz....zzzzz
My SoundCloud
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:56 am

They just stopped making requests because nobody was listening.

It's a fine balance between making your voice heard, and being really annoying :)

But do keep trying. Aside from the extra work, it needs to pay for itself in terms of sales but it's a big risk without knowing there are enough users interested (this goes for all commercial developers, not just Camel).

Anyway, good to know it's still working on some systems. I assume you mean v1.25? Surprised that the GDI+ dependency hasn't caused any problems or does Wine now have GDI+ support?

Peace,
Andy.
TheSteven
KVRian

598 posts since 5 Jul, 2005, from Southern California

Postby TheSteven; Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:24 am

For the Alchemy Mobile Synth -
add support for Akai Professional SynthStation 25 (for iPhone/iPod Touch).
Remix pads could be mapped to the 8 dedicated SynthStation buttons which would mean you could dedicate the iPhone screen to the morph or other controls. Lots of interesting possibilities.

The street price of the Akai Professional SynthStation 25 currently around $70 USD
http://www.akaipro.com/synthstation25
Planning on getting one when next payday.
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:31 am

The Synthstation 25 is pretty cool, but it does not provide Core MIDI support which most newer iOS controllers do.

However, it is possible to use the Synthstation 25 + Alchemy Mobile with MIDI Bridge from Audeonic:

http://www.audeonic.com/

If the Synthstation 25 is sending out MIDI CC messages, we may include MIDI learn in a future update so the controls could be used with the remix pad or slider pages.

Peace,
Andy.
Benutzername
KVRist

213 posts since 23 Jan, 2008, from Hamburg, Germany

Postby Benutzername; Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:49 pm

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
They just stopped making requests because nobody was listening.

It's a fine balance between making your voice heard, and being really annoying :)

But do keep trying. Aside from the extra work, it needs to pay for itself in terms of sales but it's a big risk without knowing there are enough users interested (this goes for all commercial developers, not just Camel).

Anyway, good to know it's still working on some systems. I assume you mean v1.25? Surprised that the GDI+ dependency hasn't caused any problems or does Wine now have GDI+ support?

Peace,
Andy.

My working version of the alchemy.dll is still at 1.20.1 so I just installed 1.25 on an almost plain Arch/Wine system. After a few tests this version seems to run stable as well. I have not installed anything in this wine directory besides REAPER so all it looks like wine has got everything Alchemy needs. :)
Nig
KVRist

449 posts since 12 Oct, 2009, from Ireland

Postby Nig; Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:21 am

Sorry if this has been said before but how about being able to drag and drop samples into Alchemy. I know you can import samples using different methods (granular, additive, spectral) so that probably makes things a little more complicated but how about having on the import window an area where you can drop the sample.

So basically when you open the import window you first select the import mode, then you would drag the sample to a 'drag and drop area' and then click import. Hopefully I'm making some sense here.
Deep N' Dusty House Grooves !!!
Artist: http://soundcloud.com/nigel
Label: http://soundcloud.com/diplopiarecords
KBSoundSmith
KVRist

452 posts since 6 Jul, 2009

Postby KBSoundSmith; Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:25 am

Three feature requests:

1) Be able to change the grain window over time, ie, morph between the window types.

2) Dedicated grain shape control for user-definable grain windows, similar in concept to an ADSR; also, it may make feature request #1 easier.

3) Bi-polar sequencers.
LAGinz
KVRist

334 posts since 8 Jan, 2012

Postby LAGinz; Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:01 am

Any more recent projections of when 1.3 will arrive?
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:05 am

LAGinz wrote:Any more recent projections of when 1.3 will arrive?

"When it's ready" is the best answer we can give. Beta testing will likely start this week. Difficult to say when first public release candidate will be ready, or the official release.

Peace,
Andy.
Unfocused
KVRist

321 posts since 7 Jul, 2004

Postby Unfocused; Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:25 pm

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
LAGinz wrote:Any more recent projections of when 1.3 will arrive?

"When it's ready" is the best answer we can give. Beta testing will likely start this week. Difficult to say when first public release candidate will be ready, or the official release.

Peace,
Andy.

I'll do you one better ;)

What are the current plans for release of Alchemy 2? CY12? CY13?

-u
"I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time they probably shouldn't." -M. Simpson
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:37 pm

Unfocused wrote:What are the current plans for release of Alchemy 2? CY12? CY13?

Hah! For that you get the short version of the same answer:

When it's ready.

Peace,
Andy.
Unfocused
KVRist

321 posts since 7 Jul, 2004

Postby Unfocused; Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:39 pm

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
Unfocused wrote:What are the current plans for release of Alchemy 2? CY12? CY13?

Hah! For that you get the short version of the same answer:

When it's ready.

Peace,
Andy.

LMAO! :hihi:

-u
"I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time they probably shouldn't." -M. Simpson
PreviousNext

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

Return to Camel Audio