FabFilter Timeless Presets?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone know about any downloadable presets for FabFilter Timeless? Thanks.

Hmm, I've not found any myself ... generally I've noticed that people don't release preset banks for FX plugins very often - certainly not at the same rate as synth banks.

Also, I get the impression that the Fabfilter plugs are not very well known or "visible" in the market place - I don't think they promote themselves nearly enough ... I only found out about them by accident.

It's certainly a great plug - it's my workhorse delay generally ... but I"m yet to tap it's full potential. I'd be interested in knowing what other people think about this!

Peace,
Andy.

Thanks. Yeah, if anyone has some dubby type presets for Timeless and you are willing to share... it would be much appreciated.

Please describe in more detail what kind of presets you would like to see and I'll try to create some. What does "more dubby" kind of presets mean? Something that is gradually filtered and starts feeding back on itself?

I use timeless all the time and it can be found in most of my productions. I'll open some old songs and save the tweaked results as new presets and will upload them here.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote:Please describe in more detail what kind of presets you would like to see and I'll try to create some. What does "more dubby" kind of presets mean? Something that is gradually filtered and starts feeding back on itself?

I use timeless all the time and it can be found in most of my productions. I'll open some old songs and save the tweaked results as new presets and will upload them here.

Cheers!
bManic
What a generous offer. You rock. Looking for dirty muted longer feedbacks in triplets... Not getting what I want from the effect no matter how much I tweak... My favorite delay of all time is Logic's Tape Delay, but I'm no longer on Mac. So, anything emulating that would be awesome.

I'm a big fan of the good old logic tape delay! Ok, I will see what I can do. The filters do change the character a lot of the feedback itself so you might want to experiment with that to start with. The ones that distort the most are FabFilter One and the "raw" filter modes.

Cheers!
bManic

You can download a preset pack containing 44 new presets for timeless, HERE. Among them are 24 presets based on triplets and that have a "dub" vibe in general. I tried them on rimshot/snare, piano and guitar, in a "reggaeish" setting.

Cheers!
bManic
Last edited by bmanic on Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bmanic wrote:You can download a preset pack containing 44 new presets for timeless, HERE. Among them are 24 presets based on triplets and that have a "dub" vibe in general. I tried them on rimshot/snare, piano and guitar, in a "reggaeish" setting.

Cheers!
bManic
You are VERY GENEROUS! Thanks a million. I will check these out.

Thanks bManic ... I'll be giving them a go too :)

Peace,
Andy.

Thanks, bmanic!

nice, bmanic! and thanks. (FX presets are difficult as source material affects the result so much, but I imagine you've pulled it off nicely :) )
I really hope FabFilter get more attention. Their stuff is absolutely golden.
..what goes around comes around..

Thanks Bmanic! I just downloaded and will check out in a few, but still very nice of you! :)

I'll continue creating more because I end up tweaking Timeless nearly every single day. I just have to get into the habit of saving the tweaks and not just leaving them in projects. Even though it'll end up being many similar presets, it is sometimes convenient just to flick through them instead of tweaking and hoping for the best. I find this especially true with a complex plugin like Timeless and Volcano 2.

I just wish there was a separate distortion algorithm in Timeless. The filters do not really sound like any tape distortion when they are overdriven and this can sometimes be a bummer. I'll be sure to suggest they add some better distortion in the next version.. hopefully there will be one at some point. Imagine the power of Volcano 2's modulation scheme into timeless. Now that would be pretty epic, no? Lets hope they do it! :D

Cheers!
bManic

Lots of you usable presets for me in the collection you posted. Thanks again SO MUCH!

Nice set!

Thanks!

Return to “Effects”