A short, semi-jazzish instrumental.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A little mood piece. I don't know what I'd call it genrewise.

DHMiltz_Wakerife.mp3

Interesting piece. I like it 8)

Never to concerned about genre myself :)
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

quite enjoyable ...
the mix could use some work ...

hey this is a cool little jazzy piece. i like the instrumentation ideas!

Quite a nice little piece. Has a nuevo-tango vibe happening, but which gets ruined by the fake trumpet/synth that comes in around .24 seconds. Extend, lose the trumpet, add some more percussion, fix mix, and you have something quite good that I would certainly listen to and which I can see myself dancing to.

Ciao!

@folderol: Thank you. I'm glad you like it.

@normal: Thank you. Any specific advice about the mix? I'm in the very early stages of learning how to mix, so any and all advice (from anyone else too) would be helpful and appreciated. In any case, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

@.:illanoise:.: Thank you.

@gambaytheunspoken: Thank you. It's odd, I like that sound (it's a trombone soundfont sort of playing around at being a trumpet), but I've made a mix without it and it opens the thing up a little. I'll have to listen to it that way for a while and see what happens. I also hadn't considered extending it, but now I might. If you have any advice on fixing the mix, let me know.

sounds a little cut-together...
You should think the melodies over again...
But the beginning was quite nice!

I like the mood that you've created in this piece. There is a feeling of something modern mixed with a 50's nostalgia. That's a combination that I can appreciate. Thanks for sharing this.

I really liked that.. I think the trombone as trumpet works, actually, especially with the slight chorusing on the piano. There's a touch of mid/late 80s Andy Shepard (he used MIDI sax for years).

I like the melancholy of it, and the blend of new light and old windows ;)

In terms of the mix, I've only listened on laptop speakers, and will listen again when I'm somewhere that will give better reproduction :)

ATB
DSP

Yeah, cool groove, I really enjoyed this. Except for the MIDI Sax. Gives me the impression I'm playing a mid 90s computer game. ;)

Thomas
Shoe on you, Mr. Bush

I really like this piece! It has a kind of lopsided groove - which I think is cool. It makes the piece very interesting. I like your use of sounds and instrumentation. I wont comment about the mix or effects because I don't know much about that. I thought the background figures sounded a little cluttered and unclear. You may or may not want to change that - it depends on the affect you want to have on the listener. Overall I like it a lot. Great job!!

- Ken :)

@DaMuh, freddemillio, duncanparsons, bug_hunter, and KLS:

Thanks for listening and for taking the time to respond.

I especially like "new light and old windows" and "lopsided groove," but, really, all the comments are appreciated.

Lovely little ditty, I can easily let this repeat this for a while. Thanks for sharing.
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Return to “Music Cafe”