New Free VSTi - The Amazing Synthillator.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I designed this VSTi to use with my Novation ReMote SL, so that the GUI mirrors exactly the layout of the ReMote SL's controlls. Of course it can also be used by anyone even without the SL or any other controller.
This VSTi is a 4 oscillator synth with VA, FM, PD, 2 LFOs, sample & hold, 4 Envelope Generators and lots of modulation routings, kind of a semi-modular synth. Also a 12/24dB State Variable Filter, Filter keyboard scaling, etc, etc.... Everything is there to interact/modulate with almost everything else -- you're not forced to choose between PD or FM -- it's PD FM'ing another oscillator, or PD syncing another oscillator, among other possibilities... Also, I decided it would be a 4 oscillator per voice synth so that one can have 2 osc synced voices when one wants synced osc type sounds -- this way one can detune one pair of synced oscillators against the other pair and so avoid the usual thinned out quality of synced oscillators. This way one can, for example, make "strings" type sounds out of 2 pairs of synced oscs, and sweep them with the mod wheel, among other things (try preset #07stringy monoSolo for an example of this).
I don't know of any other free VSTi that can do this, but if there is one that has the same features and sounds similar, let me know, because I'd like to avoid repeating what others already have done and so I'd rather concentrate my efforts on a different synth.
In this version I decided to limit the polyphony to 4 voices because of the 4oscillators per voice. Also, there's only one Sample & Hold -- in a future version I'll try to optimize everything in such a way that the polyphony will be 6voices and there will be a second Sample & Hold, Without or with very little increase in CPU consumption. Also, the Touch-Pad that you see bellow the mod and pitch wheels is NOT working yet -- it will be operational in the next version too.
For those who have a Novation ReMote SL, I included an Automap ready for this synth -- It's a 2 page Automap where the layout is programmed in such a way so that the upper half of the my plugin's GUI is page1 of the Automap, and the lower half is page2.
Every controll on the GUI corresponds exactly to a controll on the hardware controller in the equivalent position, and everything is placed in a logical and clear way as much as possible -- I'm not very good at making pretty GUIs at all, I just hope the layout is logical and clear enough...
To download, go to www.dreamsynths.comoj.com click on "enter site" and after the site loads, on the left frame of the site click the Free SoftSynths link. Sorry for not posting a direct link to the download page, but this is my first attempt at designing a site and the frames are posing some kind of a problem...
Looking forward for your input on this synth.
Last edited by Axis1~SL61 on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
www.youtube.com/Synthillator
er... keep on rocking (despite all obstacles :shrug: ) :band2:

You see this page, because the system administrator of 000webhost.com is currently checking this website for malicious content. This redirect will be removed once we will finish manually checking all files on this account. As far we check over 100 websites, it can take about 2-4 hours to complete. If you are the owner of this website, you will get email confirmation once it's done. If you are a visitor - please come back later.

Oops

Jazz Franco wrote:
You see this page, because the system administrator of 000webhost.com is currently checking this website for malicious content. This redirect will be removed once we will finish manually checking all files on this account. As far we check over 100 websites, it can take about 2-4 hours to complete. If you are the owner of this website, you will get email confirmation once it's done. If you are a visitor - please come back later.

Oops
That's really strange... It was working OK here just a few minutes ago... and yesterday I tryed it from a friend's PC in his internet connection and it was working without any problems too... But you're right, I've checked right now and it seems they are doing some kind of checking, yes -- I've read it's part of their policy to check everything from time to time... Well, I'll bump the thread up once it's back on line -- Thanks for warning me!

its online now,i have downloadet it :D

EDIT:and thanx btw :D

Axis1~SL61 wrote:I designed this VSTi to use with my Novation ReMote SL
cool idea. i've got a SL61 too. will have a play.

hey mang. what template to set the SL61 to when using this?

grymmjack wrote:hey mang. what template to set the SL61 to when using this?
First, copy the AmazingSynthillator.Automap that I included in the zip, to your Automaps folder (usually in C:/Programs/Novation/Automaps, but you can have it anywhere in your disk).
Then, you press template 38 on the SL (the one that's simply called "Automap") -- the SL will then show an automatic Automap, with controls all mixed up -- then you load the AmazingSynthillator.Automap and set this to be the default Automap for this plug in -- then all the controlls should be in the right corresponding positions.

Note: this in Automap 2.xx -- I didn't yet try it in Automap 3, because version 3 is still beta.

Second attempt:

"The server is too busy at the moment." :hihi:

Implement user-choosable polyphony number (up to 32 or so) in the new version, would be nice.

thx for the freebie :)
ill give it a run whenever possible

Peace
Dubadelica - Electronic music since 1996 http://www.dubadelica.com/about.php
Radio Rebelde - Modern roots reggae with an electronic twist https://radiorebeldereggae.bandcamp.com/

I like it! It can do really cool stuff, like the sync &fm.

Great Gui too, you can't tell it's Synthedit so much, except for the joystick thing at the left.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

RunBeerRun wrote:I like it! It can do really cool stuff, like the sync &fm.

Great Gui too, you can't tell it's Synthedit so much, except for the joystick thing at the left.
Thanks! By the way, if you come up with some sounds, I'd be glad to include them -- I still have presets 8 to 16 to fill until I release the next version . And yes, it is SE AND Without any 3rd party modules -- The intention was to bring out the powerfull synth lurking inside the basic SE. Like if SE was a synth only, and not the graphic audio programming environment it really is, then it should be something like this, IMHO, because I included all the main types of synth oscillators that come with it.

hi, thanks, i dl'd it but it said the archive was corrupt, so i opened it
in winrar and repaired it, but it didn't repair the file itself. this
morning your site seems to be down...nyaaargh..

File is corrupt! Can we have a re-up plz!
"I speak for all mediocrities in the world. I am their champion. I am their patron saint."

Damn this is Cool! What did you make this with? 8)

Return to “Instruments”