What's your favourite Reaktor ensemble?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I haven't been using it for a while, but now I feel like playing with Reaktor again. If you like please tell me what your favourite ensemle is, and it will be even more interesting if you tell why.

:idea:

SteamPipe2 is just an amazing flute. More ensembles listed tonight once I'm home.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

I like FastFx and Limelite

I don't have the full Limelite, just the knockoff that's in the online library. But that one's a damn fine drum machine.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:I don't have the full Limelite, just the knockoff that's in the online library. But that one's a damn fine drum machine.

-B
Sure is! And you can even run external sounds through its FX :D

It has a effects pad like the Korg Kaoss pad in it so you can chain many instances of it and modulate the f**k out of something.

Solina Ensemble.

Too many to mention. Skrewell drew me in to the madness.

Concept X from the user library.

Good 'un...a jambalaya of FM and wavetable in a sleek white package.

DragonSagoth wrote:Solina Ensemble.
Another great one. If it's the one I'm thinking of, this is an excellent string sweetener for just about any type of track.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

This one here, there can be only one :) I find this ensemble even better than Eminent 310 emulation.

I like Travelizer for adding ambience to moody tracks.
I have used Limelite for a beat on an album of one of my bands. I like it, though I find myself using it merely for inspiration, after which I go to Battery.

I don't have any one favorite- it's more like a dozen or two :hihi:

Commercial- NI
Metaphysical Function- I usually have MF running as a background part in most of my tracks. While the Kore versions for both EIv2 and for Animated Circuits are nice, my modded versions of them make MF into much more of a performance instrument.

Spark- The more I work with Spark, the more I like it. The feedback routings make this the ensemble I reach for when I'm looking for what are my bread and butter sounds. Of course, my bread and butter sounds are jalapeno cheese bread with yak butter, but...

Commercial- not NI
Padrone- originally a Dash ensemble, Paul (auReality) also sold it at Wavekrafters when that was up and running. One of the best ensembles I know of for unearthly drones, it also makes a wonderful pad machine as well. Once again, I've got a Koreized version that makes it into an out of this world synth. It appears in one place or another in a lot of the things I do: I use it for wolf barks, feedback squeals and all sorts of other good stuff.

Xantos- another by Paul. An algorithmic composition device; I use it for weird percussion tracks every once in a while. It's also good for Jacuzzi jazz motifs with the stock sample set.

Travel Brother- a liqih creation that's just tons of fun to play with. FM synthesis combined with algorithmic table sequencers. Great for talking percussion and things along those lines; this is a great example of what you can do with it.

Amphitryon- James Walker-Hall's masterpiece. It picks up from where his 3X left off, and adds such things as user wavetables to the mix.

Factory library
Gaugear- one of the craziest concepts yet for a Reaktor synth. It can be a pain to tame, but it's worth it.

Carbon 2- another synth that's great for getting unusual sounds from. A very flexible synth that can go all the way from typical pads and the like to some of the rudest noises I've ever managed :)

Newscool- a wonderful update to one of the seminal beatboxes of the Reaktor library. Compare the R5 version to the one in the R3 library to see how far Reaktor's come

User library
Ernest Meyer's Dead Philosophers series- while I'm partial to his earlier ones like Kant and Descartes, all of them are amazing synths

t55t- a lazyfish creation from the Reaktor 2.3/Reaktor 3 days. Another sequenced ensemble that does wonderful things.

versus- a programchild creation that uses table oscillators and filters. Analog it's not- nor does it try to be.

ChantSam- an ensemble from the R3 days made to emulate monks chanting. With 31 tone microtuning as an option, a cool player instrument and other such things, I used to let this one drone while I was doing other things around the house.

VFripp- I had to mention one of my own, after all :oops: :lol:

And, then there's things like Rick's Icepad and remix ensembles, Stephan V's creations... the list goes on and on.

ew
Last edited by ew on Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
A spectral heretic...

everything by sonictwist

metaphysical function

vectory

I forgot to mention metaphysical function ... now all it needs is to be able to process live audio... and it would be f**king amazing...

Return to “Instruments”