What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Alchemy Demo Release Candidate

Official support for: camelaudio.com

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

Ben [Camel Audio]
KVRAF

2657 posts since 17 Sep, 2001, from Edinburgh, Scotland

Postby Ben [Camel Audio]; Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:42 am Alchemy Demo Release Candidate

We've released a release candidate of the Alchemy Demo. If you download it, we'd be very grateful if you could post on this thread to let us know if it works OK for you or not. Even if its just to say that it installed and what everything seems ok, that would be great.

The free demo is completely fully functional for three weeks. The demo comes with 40 presets and 100MB of samples to give you a taste of the 2GB of samples and over 300 presets in the full version. Alternatively, import your own WAV, AIFF or SFZ files into the additive, spectral and granular resynthesis engines. There are no annoying voices or silences, and presets and songs created with the demo can be loaded with the full version.

1) Download installer and content to desktop
2) Run installer

Win Installer
Mac Installer
Demo Content

Ben
Last edited by Ben [Camel Audio] on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
amobms
KVRer

16 posts since 16 Oct, 2008

Postby amobms; Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:15 am

Just downloaded and installed it. Everything seemed to go very smoothly. Unfortunately, the demo "expired" on trying to open it for the first time inside Reaper...

Message: "Your demo has expired. It will produce no sound and saving is disabled. After purchasing Alchemy..."
Last edited by amobms on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
VSTJuNkiE
KVRAF

2597 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from "nunya"....

Postby VSTJuNkiE; Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:22 am

Damn. Beat me to it :lol: Downloading now, woo hoo!
where has all teh freeware gone ':-o'
Ben [Camel Audio]
KVRAF

Postby Ben [Camel Audio]; Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:55 am

amobms wrote:Just downloaded and installed it. Everything seemed to go very smoothly. Unfortunately, the demo "expired" on trying to open it for the first time inside Reaper...

Message: "Your demo has expired. It will produce no sound and saving is disabled. After purchasing Alchemy..."

I'm very sorry to hear that the demo is not working for you, and thankyou for informing us of the problem. Whilst we did take great care testing it, unfortunately something seems to have gone wrong on your machine. If you have other hosts, please see if it behaves differently in them. Once you have tested all you can, please submit a bug report:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=241136

I am very sorry for this delay in you being able to try the demo. Unfortunately, its unlikely we will be able to solve this over the weekend, but we will be in touch soon to work out what's gone wrong.

In the mean time, if others could test and post on this thread to let us know if its working for them or not, that would be greatly appreciated!
amobms
KVRer

Postby amobms; Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:13 pm

Same behavior with SHS4. The initial VST scan brought up the same message.

Also tried reinstalling Alchemy...but still no joy in either host.
melancholy man
KVRist

40 posts since 23 Jun, 2004, from USA

Postby melancholy man; Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:13 pm

Installed simply and easily. Works great in FL Studio 8. The sound and versatility are both stunning. Even with the limited presets it's plain to see that this covers a lot of ground. Doesn't seem too difficult to learn, either.

Only problem... how am I going to convince my sweetie that I must buy this NOW!
fragmentated
KVRist

220 posts since 21 Feb, 2006, from Richmond, VA

Postby fragmentated; Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:19 pm

Getting a "not found" error page when clicking on the mac installer link.
bogh
KVRist

157 posts since 19 Nov, 2003, from Denmark

Postby bogh; Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:22 pm

fragmentated wrote:Getting a "not found" error page when clicking on the mac installer link.

same here - 404
amobms
KVRer

Postby amobms; Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:28 pm

Looks like the demo has been removed temporarily. It's listed as "coming soon" again at the website. Just needs a small tweak, I suppose...
Ben [Camel Audio]
KVRAF

Postby Ben [Camel Audio]; Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:39 pm

amobms wrote:Same behavior with SHS4. The initial VST scan brought up the same message.

What's SHS4? If you could give your operating system and version, and host name and version and let us know if it works in another host, if you have one, that would be great. Thanks!

Getting a "not found" error page when clicking on the mac installer link.

Oops - sorry - put zip rather than dmg as the extension. Its fixed now.

Looks like the demo has been removed temporarily. It's listed as "coming soon" again at the website. Just needs a small tweak, I suppose...

In view of the report from amobms, I decided to hold off on the offical release of the demo, until we've had a chance to figure out what's going wrong on his machine. In the mean time, its likely this demo will work for you as its worked fine for the 10 or so machines we've tested on. If anyone else has problems - or success, please let me know, as it will help us in figuring out whats up.

Thanks for your patience and help :)
Ben [Camel Audio]
KVRAF

Postby Ben [Camel Audio]; Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:42 pm

Installed simply and easily. Works great in FL Studio 8. The sound and versatility are both stunning. Even with the limited presets it's plain to see that this covers a lot of ground. Doesn't seem too difficult to learn, either.

Only problem... how am I going to convince my sweetie that I must buy this NOW!

Really pleased to hear you like it :D
amobms
KVRer

Postby amobms; Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:51 pm

Ben [Camel Audio] wrote:
amobms wrote:Same behavior with SHS4. The initial VST scan brought up the same message.

What's SHS4? If you could give your operating system and version, and host name and version and let us know if it works in another host, if you have one, that would be great. Thanks!

Tested with Sonar Home Studio 4 & Reaper v2.55. OS is Windows XP SP2 (a fairly fresh install). That version of Home Studio uses a standalone VST scanner, which is what reported the expired demo.
FragileX
KVRist

208 posts since 18 Sep, 2006

Postby FragileX; Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:56 pm

You could perhaps also check your system time (the date)???
255 characters....eemm...let's see...
Dave Bourke
KVRist

444 posts since 5 Apr, 2004, from Ireland

Postby Dave Bourke; Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:04 pm

Don't know where to report this so I'll have to stick it here.

Not using the demo but the full Mac version v1.0.8 as an audio unit in Digital Performer 5.13, OS X 10.4.11, Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66 GHz.

The Octave control is completely broken. Pressing on the chosen C key changes nothing, not the pad, not the settings, nor the sound. Double-clicking with the mouse on any pad other than Pad 1, then hitting the Octave key, resets everything back to Pad 1.

Unfortunately, I'll probably have to revert to v1.0.4 because this breaks all the tracks I've already used Alchemy in.

Kind regards.
Dave Bourke
- ideation -
amobms
KVRer

Postby amobms; Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:14 pm

FragileX wrote:You could perhaps also check your system time (the date)???

System time/date look good.
Next

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

Return to Camel Audio