The Spring Of 23 - post-apocalyptic visionary folk music (!)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://linux-sound.org/audio/studiodave-springof23.mp3

6.5 MB MP3 192 bitrate

Recorded at Studio Dave, 2007. More details if anyone's interested. Btw, this is my first post to this forum, I hope I'm following the guidelines correctly. Please advise if I need to do otherwise.

Comments appreciated. Lyrics at http://linux-sound.org/ardour-music.html

well done!

Excellent!

:love:

BTW - I was really moved after reading 'The Road'...a wonderful (although gloomy) book!

:love: man, this is beautifully sad!

m
"It dreamed itself along"

just beautiful.

please post more

I'm with knockers, please post more! It's been quite refreshing lately to have had some classical posted, and now deep folk.. really nicely done :)

I like the line about the rain that cleanses nothing.. somehow makes sense

tenshin111 wrote:I was really moved after reading 'The Road'...a wonderful (although gloomy) book!
It's an amazing work. As I say on my site, "Read it and weep". Let's hope such a scenario never arrives.

And thank you for listening to my song. :)

gigatoad wrote:I like the line about the rain that cleanses nothing.. somehow makes sense
In the novel The Road ashes fall from the sky constantly. The book conveys the effect that everything is covered by that mute reminder that the world as we knew it has been destroyed forever. When it rains in the story it's not a good thing. No vegetation grows anymore, until the fall of night every horror is exposed, and the rain doesn't clean anything.

Yep, definitely a grim book. Should be read by everyone on the planet.

Btw, my song is not based on any persons or event in the book, but it's inspired by the world created in the story.

Thanks for listening. :)

Thank you to everyone who has listened to my song, and thanks especially to commenters. KVR is one of my daily stops, and I value the knowledge and opinions I find here.

The song was made entirely in Linux. DAW is Ardour 2.7, I used two LADSPA plugins (a plate reverb on the guitar and vocal tracks and a compressor on the master output), the wind sound was created with Csound, and the guitar and vocal tracks were recorded in first takes. No autotuning was required. ;)

Recording is done in my home studio, affectionately known as Studio Dave. Hardware includes a crappy Ibanez acoustic-electric guitar, SM58 and Yamaha MZ106s mics, and an M-Audio Delta 66 interface. The computer is based on an AMD64 3800+ CPU running 64 Studio, a Linux distribution optimized for audio/video production.

More music coming soon. I write in many different styles, from 12-tone instrumental music to country folk songs. I have no idea what I'll post next. :)

my first bump.

Thanks very much for sharing! This is a very moody piece, I enjoyed listening very much.

Would like to hear instrumental twelve-tone music as well ...

Kind regards,
Andreas

It's so sad but I enjoyed it. Very nice song, simple but inspired, great production. Well done

Cheers

Bumped for relevance. The movie version of The Road was released on Nov 25.

This song is based on impressions from the novel, not any particular passage from it.

Best,

dp

Hey, still a pleasure to listen to - thanks for the bump! Cool and melancholy...

All the best to you,
Andreas

Return to “Music Cafe”