NEW Jaco Bass Library. GROUP BUY ENDS TODAY!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)

Group buy?

Yes!
88%
I'm not sure.
7%
No thanks.
5%

Total votes: 74

RELATED
PRODUCTS

EDIT: The group buy is on! Visit the thread here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=254098

Orange Tree Samples is releasing Iconic Bass: Jaco library on June 23, 2009. This bass represents a big step forward in in terms of the realism achievable from a sampled bass and playability and we're very excited about it. It features over 2.5 GB of nearly 4,000 24-bit 48 kHz samples. "Iconic Bass: Jaco" represents our most extensively sampled instrument to date with individually sampled strings, natural and artificial harmonics, retrigger samples, legato articulations, and effects such as mutes and string slaps. This sample library extensively models the fretless bass guitar. I've included a demo below. If you're a Jaco fan, you're certain to love it. But if you are thinking--that's not my style--you need to check this one out. It's an incredibly versatile library that fits well with jazz, rock, metal, drum and bass, pop, etc.

We wanted to do something very special to introduce Iconic Bass: Jaco. In the past, we've offered introductory pricing on new libraries, but this time we wanted to see if people would prefer a group buy, potentially giving our customers the largest discount on our libraries in Orange Tree Samples history.

It's simple, if we can get enough people in a group buy, we're happy to give our customers an extreme discount and take a very modest profit. Let me be clear, we're happy to let you have our libraries for a far lower price than we could ever afford to offer at our regular sales levels, IF we can get enough people in on the group buy (we just need to pay the bills!). The math is simple: we can make the same amount of total profit by selling to a large number of people at an incredibly low price that we can selling to a smaller number at a higher price--and we love the idea that we can get our sample libraries in the hands of people who otherwise might not have the budget, so we are happy to sell more libraries for less money if at all possible. But we need your help to succeed.

So listen to our libraries, see what you think. If you've never bought from us, I recommend you search KVR and look at what our customers have to say about our libraries. PM one of our customers--ask for his or her opinion. We're confident you'll hear a strong recommendation. If you're interested, I'm certain there will never be a better opportunity to own our sample libraries than there will be with this group buy. I promise you the most amazing deals we've ever offered.

It's your choice, KVR. VOTE NOW and let us know.

Iconic Bass: Jaco fretless bass sample library for Kontakt
Audio demo #1
Audio demo #2

CoreBass Cherry electric bass guitar sample library for Kontakt
Audio demo #1
Audio demo #2

CoreGuitar Strawberry electric guitar sample library for Kontakt
Audio demo #1
Audio demo #2

CoreBass Pear acoustic upright bass sample library for Kontakt
Audio demo #1
Audio demo #2
Audio demo #3

EDIT: The group buy is on! Visit the thread here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=254098
Last edited by Gregjazz on Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

I've got a fever, and the only prescription... is more bass!*

There are a small group of developers whose products are so good that I eagerly await their new releases and Orange Tree Samples is on that list. The tone and playability of each of their libraries is superb. Even better, you can actually enjoy playing these libraries right away and they sound great as opposed to having to memorize a ton of keyswitches and doing a bunch of tedious editing/programming later on.

For the record, I'm a customer that also advises Orange Tree Samples on their marketing (I also regularly advise a couple of other developers too), and Greg has been working very hard on Iconic Bass: Jaco for some time and sending me demos to get my reaction. I have to say, this library sounds incredible, truly like a real bass player. I don't mean close for a midi-based performance, I mean it sounds believable, no excuses necessary. I spent many years playing drums professionally and semi-professionally, working pretty closely with bass players and can usually tell the difference between sampled bass and a real bass, and if I didn't know better, I would have believed that the demos Greg has been sending me were recorded with a live bass player. Greg linked to two of those demos in his post above; I recommend you listen and judge for yourself. But if you have yet to experience owning an Orange Tree Samples library, I'd strongly recommend checking out the demos for their various libraries.

* Okay, so back in the 80s my band had an opening gig for Blue Oyster Cult, so I feel it gives me certain privileges to misquote the legendary, yet imaginary, Bruce Dickinson.

I use a lot of orange tree bass sample libraries in my songs.
Believe me they are very very good

Greg,

Your new bass library sounds excellent! Great job!
I really liked the first demo.
I'm sure it will do really well 8)

Congrats on your new release.

Wow, thank you so much, Aaron!! That means a lot to me, coming from a talented sample developer as yourself!

I really appreciate all the feedback I've been receiving, both on this forum and in emails. I have a lot of passion for creating sample libraries, and if my sample libraries inspire you I consider my job done. I'm really excited about this latest Jaco sample library and can't wait to release it!
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

How funny is it that people actually showed up to vote 'no' and 'I'm not sure'. "C'mon, guys, let's go f*** it up for all those jazz wankers." ;)

This just seems appropriate at this moment. A special dedication to Aaron and Greg: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM_D-Dp9mJM

EDIT: Oops, UncleE's post interrupted the friendly developer vibe (we posted around the same time).

These just sound so good, I'd definitely want to buy this.

i have to explain my 'i'm not sure'-vote. Most of the GBs don't work this year (except Aether and these melange mixed bags from Squids), though the products offered for GB (melda, liquid sounds)are great. Maybe it would be better to have a good introductory price and two different rebates a) for people, who have at least one OT-library and b) for peeps like me, who have everything and need to be praised and rewarded for their taste and loyalty: tatatata :phew:

m :D
"It dreamed itself along"

mellotronaut wrote:i have to explain my 'i'm not sure'-vote. Most of the GBs don't work this year (except Aether and these melange mixed bags from Squids), though the products offered for GB (melda, liquid sounds)are great. Maybe it would be better to have a good introductory price and two different rebates a) for people, who have at least one OT-library and b) for peeps like me, who have everything and need to be praised and rewarded for their taste and loyalty: tatatata :phew:

m :D
Well, Orange Tree Samples is offering ALL their products in this group buy and you can buy any individual libraries you like, which I think is an ideal configuration for a group buy. (I worked with Greg on designing it, so I am admittedly biased that this is the ideal way to do a group buy.) Just wait until you see what is coming, it is very cool and you may find that it just gets better as it goes along (I have been sworn to secrecy and cannot reveal exactly what that means). The group buy deals are far larger discounts than the introductory discount Greg has offered in the past, even at the lowest group buy discount level.

- eDrummist

mellotronaut wrote:Maybe it would be better to have a good introductory price and two different rebates a) for people, who have at least one OT-library and b) for peeps like me, who have everything and need to be praised and rewarded for their taste and loyalty
By the way, even at the first level of the group buy, the discount is greater than my traditional introductory discount. And I don't intend for the group buy to delay Iconic Bass: Jaco's June 23rd release date either. :)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Congratulation Greg,

I'm very impressed, it sounds realistic.

I wish you all the success with this new product.

Best,

Andrea Pettinao
Guitar, Drum and Bass sample libraries for Kontakt
www.pettinhouse.com

Cue up an encore performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM_D-Dp9mJM

Okay, seriously, I think Andrea (Pettinhouse) and Aaron (Lyrical Distortion and the man responsible for, IMO, Bela D's best libraries before he went out to start his own shop) are class acts to show their respect for a fellow developer. I have libraries from all three of them and think they all make really good products that deserve to be on anyone's short list. It's great to see this kind of camaraderie.

Great stuff as usual Greg!
Cant wait!

i nearly voted "not sure" just cos I'm completely broke right now and didnt want to give a false sense of interest when realistically I'm not certain I'll be able to get the cash together in time for this even at the lowest discount. but...you know... there's still a little while to go before release date...miracles can happen...maybe
Signature blocked until somebody convinces me they aren't utterly pointless

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”