What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Help with Komplexer install

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

User avatar
zerocrossing
KVRAF
 
7127 posts since 26 Jun, 2006, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby zerocrossing; Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:37 am Help with Komplexer install

Hey,

So far I've managed to get everything up and running on my new PC, but today I had a FAIL when trying to install Terratec's Komplexer. I put in the correct serial number and it tells me, "Authorization failed, bye."

Useful.

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm on Vista 64, but I've got the VST folder outside of the program folder and UAC is off. I'm not sure what else to try. Terratec and Musonik both seem to deny the existence of Komplexer. Has anyone ever seen such a decent piece of software so swiftly and utterly abandoned like this? Weird.
Zerocrossing Media
http://www.zerocrossing.net
4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~
User avatar
ew
KVRAF
 
9315 posts since 22 Jul, 2002, from Eagan, MN

Postby ew; Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:41 am

Have you tried activating the standalone, Mark? Try that.

ew
A spectral heretic...

Camel Audio | NI forums
User avatar
zerocrossing
KVRAF
 
7127 posts since 26 Jun, 2006, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby zerocrossing; Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:47 am

ew wrote:Have you tried activating the standalone, Mark? Try that.

ew


Sorry Ew, I probably wasn't as clear as I should have been. I can't even get it to install. Part of the install asks me to input the serial number and after that I get the fail message.
Zerocrossing Media
http://www.zerocrossing.net
4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~
User avatar
ew
KVRAF
 
9315 posts since 22 Jul, 2002, from Eagan, MN

Postby ew; Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:57 am

Ah. I'm wondering if it's an x64 issue. Have you downloaded the latest version from the Musonik FTP site?

ew
A spectral heretic...

Camel Audio | NI forums
eduardo_b
KVRAF
 
11955 posts since 22 Nov, 2004, from west of east

Postby eduardo_b; Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:10 pm

The last version was 1.020, wasn't it? I never had problems installing it as a plug-in only -- with XP. It does seem like an OS issue.
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey
User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
 
19656 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:26 pm

zerocrossing wrote:Hey,

So far I've managed to get everything up and running on my new PC, but today I had a FAIL when trying to install Terratec's Komplexer. I put in the correct serial number and it tells me, "Authorization failed, bye."

Useful.

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm on Vista 64, but I've got the VST folder outside of the program folder and UAC is off. I'm not sure what else to try. Terratec and Musonik both seem to deny the existence of Komplexer. Has anyone ever seen such a decent piece of software so swiftly and utterly abandoned like this? Weird.


You do need to have the original CD loaded to install and update it.

Yes it's crappy that they just abandoned it pretty much without so much as a bug fix (in fact the only updates they did put out made it worse)
eduardo_b
KVRAF
 
11955 posts since 22 Nov, 2004, from west of east

Postby eduardo_b; Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:33 pm

aMUSEd wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:Hey,

So far I've managed to get everything up and running on my new PC, but today I had a FAIL when trying to install Terratec's Komplexer. I put in the correct serial number and it tells me, "Authorization failed, bye."

Useful.

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm on Vista 64, but I've got the VST folder outside of the program folder and UAC is off. I'm not sure what else to try. Terratec and Musonik both seem to deny the existence of Komplexer. Has anyone ever seen such a decent piece of software so swiftly and utterly abandoned like this? Weird.


You do need to have the original CD loaded to install and update it.

Yes it's crappy that they just abandoned it pretty much without so much as a bug fix (in fact the only updates they did put out made it worse)
That's right. I checked and I do have a CD. It was the update I downloaded. If they'd lowered the price, they might have sold more and been inclined to support the product instead of dumping it. Maybe.
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey
gigue07
KVRist
 
95 posts since 11 Sep, 2007

Postby gigue07; Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:47 pm

Hi,
I also experienced the same thing on Vista 64 (I have the original CD and updated to 1.02): Authorization failed, bye. The program asked for username and serial number.

You are correct, both Musonik and Terratec don't want to do with Komplexer. Musonik suggested that I contact Terratec. I, then, emailed Terrratec, sofar no respond at all after more than a week. So, we are on our own now, I guess.
User avatar
zerocrossing
KVRAF
 
7127 posts since 26 Jun, 2006, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby zerocrossing; Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:58 pm

I think my issue was I was sending things to Terratec and they seem to ignore all Komplexer questions. Ew mentioned Musonik so I gave that a try and I got a nice response from someone there and they gave me a download link. I'll see if that works tonight and report back.

I s
Zerocrossing Media
http://www.zerocrossing.net
4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~
User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
 
19656 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:02 pm

There was a 1.03 (beta) that Musonic will let people have if you email them - that was the last ever build - but tbh it's just as buggy as 1.02. I don't think Musonic have the expertise or inclination to take development any further.
losan
KVRian
 
724 posts since 19 Jul, 2008

Postby losan; Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:27 pm

Hi there,

had the same problem, which gave me some headache for two weeks.
Came up with this solution, after reading a thread on the cubase.net forum.

(Quote from the post I put on a thread on the NI forum):

"And here's one tip I'd like to share, if you (or every other one, who got Komplexer) wants to install Komplexer on a 64bit system
(I had a hard time, to get this happen on my new Vista 64bit system, might also help with some Waldorf stuff, which uses the CD-Check Copy-protection, like the Waldorf Plugin Edition):

go to > Start button > execute > regedit

navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion"

in the right view create a new string and name it "ProductId" (without the quotations)

as a value input your Windows ProductID (you can find it in the properties of "My Computer").
Close the Registry Editor, and after that you can install Komplexer in the usual way without an error message."

Just have to add, that you shouldn't delete the registry entry after the installation, otherwise you'll get a message at the start up of the synth, that you need to re-install the plugin.
Since Vista is elsewhere looking for the productID, this entry doesn't interfere with the system.

Hope, I saved you some headaches :wink:

Cheers,
losan

PS: If you're using Komplexer inside NI Kore, go for the 1.010 version
of Komplexer - with every other version the automation of the macros
is broken and causes Kore to crash, unless you open the Komplexer GUI.
User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
 
19656 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:45 pm

losan wrote:PS: If you're using Komplexer inside NI Kore, go for the 1.010 version
of Komplexer - with every other version the automation of the macros
is broken and causes Kore to crash, unless you open the Komplexer GUI.


Actually macro automation is broken in all hosts except for that version.
User avatar
zerocrossing
KVRAF
 
7127 posts since 26 Jun, 2006, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby zerocrossing; Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:45 pm

losan wrote:Hi there,

had the same problem, which gave me some headache for two weeks.
Came up with this solution, after reading a thread on the cubase.net forum....


Wow, thanks for that. I'll look into that tonight. Thanks so much for the information.
Zerocrossing Media
http://www.zerocrossing.net
4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~
eduardo_b
KVRAF
 
11955 posts since 22 Nov, 2004, from west of east

Postby eduardo_b; Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:48 pm

losan wrote:navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion"
After the second post regarding x64 I figured the installer wasn't writing to the registry correctly. And then I saw your post. :)
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey
User avatar
zerocrossing
KVRAF
 
7127 posts since 26 Jun, 2006, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby zerocrossing; Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:30 pm

losan wrote:
Hope, I saved you some headaches :wink:

Cheers,
losan

PS: If you're using Komplexer inside NI Kore, go for the 1.010 version
of Komplexer - with every other version the automation of the macros
is broken and causes Kore to crash, unless you open the Komplexer GUI.


YOU DID! Big time. If you're ever round the SF bay area I'll buy you a beer the size of a Japanese toilet. Thank you so much.

The guy did send me v1.0.3 though and I see the automation in Live 8 isn't working. Where would I find v 1.0.1 I wonder...

(edit) I did manage to make automation work, just not on the macro controls. I guess I can live with that.

Cheerio,

M
Zerocrossing Media
http://www.zerocrossing.net
4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments