ES2 workout with flute-y stuff

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been wanting to do a house track with native american flute for a while. So when someone posted a bunch of dubstep presets for the ES2 I decided the time was there.

The Flute also Dances

One flute, one pre-columbian occarina, Ultrabeat, and a dozen or so instances of ES2.

Victor.

slight bumperooni

very original. There are different genres in here, it could sound as a cultural clash, but everything blends in very well. Good sound quality / production.
I enjoyed it

Cheers

Psychedelic work, Vic. Kinda "hippie's in space" jazz. Lots of your influences are experiencing a head on collision in this track and it all seems to work out smoothly. :)

very unusual mixture. It's not really my 'thing' but I think it actually works very well.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Not what I expected at all from the description. Good stuff!

Jazzyspoon wrote:Psychedelic work, Vic. Kinda "hippie's in space" jazz. Lots of your influences are experiencing a head on collision in this track and it all seems to work out smoothly. :)
Thanks.

You know those 90s dance tracks where someone steals a cool bit of world music (pigmy chanting or whatever) and puts some beats under it? Well, I wanted to make a track like that. Supplying both the beats and the sample.

Victor.

VicDiesel wrote:You know those 90s dance tracks where someone steals a cool bit of world music (pigmy chanting or whatever) and puts some beats under it? Well, I wanted to make a track like that. Supplying both the beats and the sample.

Victor.
That's it! It hadn't hit me until I read this, but you have completely nailed that feel. I love it when you really pile on the flute layers. Interesting mash up Victor, thanks!
Image Image

Did you play the flute parts yourself?

Cool track, nice blend of instruments/styles. :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

robojam wrote:Did you play the flute parts yourself?
Yep. I have a small collection of native american flutes. This is the highest pitched one I have. The occarina is also real.

Victor.

What key is that flute in? Just wondered as I play flute but don't own a native american one. Wouldn't be sure what key I'd go for if I bought one.

robojam wrote:What key is that flute in? Just wondered as I play flute but don't own a native american one. Wouldn't be sure what key I'd go for if I bought one.
You can get native american flutes in any key over an almost 2 octave range. They are all in a minor pentatonic scale. This one is in Bb: Bb-Db-Eb-F-Ab-Bb. Check out Butch Hall for good quality affordable flutes. The A minor flute is probably the most common one; I have an Emin from him that I think is very good.

Victor.

Was just wondering which key gave that tone. I play a C concert flute, have a C bamboo flute and a D tin whistle, so Bb wouldn't be too far from those.

Return to “Music Cafe”