Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Total Studio 2 MAX - Download it now at special intro pricing

Total Studio 2 MAX - Download it now at special intro pricing

Max Your Studio and cover ALL your music production needs

94 products, 16,800 sounds, 39 high-end mixing/mastering processors and over 350 gear models for guitar and bass so you can meet the demands of today's most challenging music productions.

Read more at www.ikmultimedia.com
Limeflavour
KVRian

557 posts since 26 Jun, 2005, from Sweden

Postby Limeflavour; Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:49 am Arguru Voyager - New Skin

Yes, I and Asseca have teamed up to make this skin happen.

Update!
Asseca has made a new installer for this skin, it's an .exe file.
I know some people dislikes exe files so the old installation instructions are still available at the bottom of this post.

For more information and screenshots visit:Flavours of Lime

screenshot:

How to install (With the new .exe installer):
*updated June 20th 2010
Voyager skin installer
Installation

If you DON'T have any other mGUI plugins installed:
Run the Voyager-lf.exe installer program to copy the folders+files into the VstPlugins folder.
--- OR ---

If you DO have any other mGUI plugins installed OR you DON'T want the skin-files in the VstPlugins folder:
Run the Voyager-lf.exe installer program to copy the folders+files to the asData folder.

Run asData\mGUIman.exe or asData\setVSTmGUIpaths.exe to automatically set the asData path in the registry.

Then copy/move the Arguru's Voyager.dll into the \asData\plugins folder.

How to install (Old way without the new .exe installer):
Link is in the 'quotebox'
Installation:

mGui needs to be installed in you plugins directory, mine would be D:/Vstplugins.
So, now you've installed mGui and for me it would look like this D:/Vstplugins/Asseca

Download the skin file LF_Voyager_mGuiskin.rar and extract it to the /Asseca/ folder.

! This step is very important !
Now you need to download Voyager and install it to the Asseca/asData/plugins folder, if you already have voyager just move it to the same folder.

Start mGUIman.exe, it's located in the Asseca/asData folder. Click the "Update all Dlls" button in the top left corner.

Start your Vst host and load the "Voyager_Gui" plugin, enjoy!

If you want to change a skin or a presetbank, rightclick an empty space on the gui and you will get a popup menu where you can handle presets and skins.
Last edited by Limeflavour on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:37 am, edited 14 times in total.
Flavours of Lime - Tasty gui design for vst plugins.
emef
KVRist

457 posts since 4 Jun, 2001

Postby emef; Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:31 am

hey thanks a lot for doing these skins
the original skin made the synth look very unwieldy
its a great synth and you've made it look great now
skin 3 is my favourite
voyager looks a lot more usable now
Limeflavour
KVRian

557 posts since 26 Jun, 2005, from Sweden

Postby Limeflavour; Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:05 am

Thanks! and yeah I like the 3rd all black skin the most too ;)
Flavours of Lime - Tasty gui design for vst plugins.
MRT
KVRian

1060 posts since 3 Dec, 2002

Postby MRT; Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:41 am

Thanks you for your efforts on these skins! I love this synth but always struggled with it's size. I think it will be seeing a lot more use now.
Also my favorite vocoder.
thoshu
KVRian

1205 posts since 14 May, 2002, from Triple-Octo-Core, 128GB RAM, Midi sequencer Pro-16

Postby thoshu; Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:58 am

Thank you! Now I really will try that synth again!
asseca
KVRAF

2646 posts since 29 Feb, 2004

Postby asseca; Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:32 am

One final note:
All the objects such as switches,knobs and displays are controlled as knobs by dragging up or down. If you just click on the displays there are a slight chance that it might skip one setting.
You may use the mouse-wheel instead of dragging the mouse up/down.

If clicking on the displays are skipping setting, it *could* be fixed if needed ...
offensive-teenager
KVRist

102 posts since 4 Sep, 2007

Postby offensive-teenager; Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:05 am

And you did this without asking permission from arguru first? I think this is clearly a copyright violation!
LBN
KVRAF

2275 posts since 8 Apr, 2003, from Austin

Postby LBN; Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:12 am

offensive-teenager wrote:And you did this without asking permission from arguru first? I think this is clearly a copyright violation!

bailees7irish
KVRAF

2682 posts since 30 Mar, 2007, from In and Out Burger

Postby bailees7irish; Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:13 am

no matter what i do, i cannot get this to work. i followed the instructions implicitly, but Voyager still only shows up as "Voyager", not "Voyager_Gui"... this happened last time i tried to change Voyager's skin too. i thought i'd give it a shot again, especially since this new skin is even better than the other alternate.

:help:
[Insert Signature Here]
Debutante
KVRAF

2937 posts since 15 Jan, 2005, from Ottawa, Ontario

Postby Debutante; Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:14 am

offensive-teenager wrote:And you did this without asking permission from arguru first? I think this is clearly a copyright violation!

Arguru passed away last year and there was already a skin being made. I think it's an awesome way to bring this behemoth back into peoples minds. Great stuff. The skin was th only reason I didn't use it. Definately trying.
asseca
KVRAF

Postby asseca; Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:33 am

bailees7irish wrote:no matter what i do, i cannot get this to work. i followed the instructions implicitly, but Voyager still only shows up as "Voyager", not "Voyager_Gui"... this happened last time i tried to change Voyager's skin too. i thought i'd give it a shot again, especially since this new skin is even better than the other alternate.

:help:
Try the following:

check if you can load Voyager_GUI.dll in Hermann Seib's VstHost, if yes then:
  • rename the original asData\plugins\Voyager.dll to asData\plugins\Voyager.dl and ensure you have no other copy of Voyager.dll in your VstPlugins path
  • modify Voyager_GUI.ini > [Vst] > VST-1=plugins\Voyager.dl
Voyager_GUI.dll is just a wrapper which in turn loads the original unmodified Voyager.dll/Voyager.dl ...
Last edited by asseca on Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
bailees7irish
KVRAF

2682 posts since 30 Mar, 2007, from In and Out Burger

Postby bailees7irish; Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:34 am

nevermind... got it :dog:
[Insert Signature Here]
Download SOphist
KVRAF

3914 posts since 26 Jan, 2006, from :noitacoL

Postby Download SOphist; Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:35 am

nice of you both! thanks!
professional dilettante, producer, sound-designer, re-mixer, self-righteous, fail.
asseca
KVRAF

Postby asseca; Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:35 am

bailees7irish wrote:nevermind... got it :dog:
8) , now enjoy using Limeflavour's magnificent skins :D
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

22070 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:53 am

Looking good ... thanks for this :)
Next