What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Reason Wizardry Released!

Official support for: nucleus-soundlab.com

Moderator: Jeremy_NSL

Jeremy_NSL
KVRAF

4305 posts since 24 Apr, 2003, from Canada

Postby Jeremy_NSL; Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:18 pm

Hey,

You can either right-click the link and choose 'save as' - or choose file, 'save as' in you browswer. That should save the file. Let me know if that helps. Cheers,

Jeremy
eutykus
KVRer

6 posts since 12 Jul, 2009

Postby eutykus; Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:36 am

When the movie was open in my ie browser and I trie file save it was gray (not allowing me to select it). However, I also tried right clicking on the link in the email and selecting save file as which allowed me to save it to my computer. Thanks for your help Jeremy.

Jeremy_NSL wrote:Hey,

You can either right-click the link and choose 'save as' - or choose file, 'save as' in you browswer. That should save the file. Let me know if that helps. Cheers,

Jeremy
Jeremy_NSL
KVRAF

Postby Jeremy_NSL; Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:51 pm

No problem!

You should also be able to load the video in your browser and then do 'file - save as'.
djFresha
KVRer

13 posts since 25 May, 2004, from UK

Postby djFresha; Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:52 am

Hi Jeremy, just watched the 2nd (August's) video tutorial, and it has given me plenty of ideas for synth patch building. Also I've noticed that over the next few months you are going to be looking into synthesis percussion using Subtractor, Maelstrom & Thor. This is currently what i am getting into (going through Subtractor percussion), and really would like to see how to emulate sounds like tablas/bongos etc. Got kicks, claps hats & snares pretty much sussed, it's the more 'exotic' sounds that get me thinking how to go about it.

Loking forward to more tutes, plus I'm waiting on my copy of Record imminently (I'm on Reason 4 btw, and I am considering the Pantheon refill, and the Filter Research too)

Keep up the good work
feelin' the VSTi's but always will feel my sexy lil minx
carlgrace
KVRer

2 posts since 21 Jan, 2009, from Raleigh, NC USA

Postby carlgrace; Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:28 am

djFresha,

I personally don't think I am skilled enough yet in Reason to benefit much from the tutorials, but I am working up to them. As for Pantheon, I highly, highly recommend it. Not only am I using some of the Combinators (tweaked for my own flavor, of course) in a couple of tracks, I find that going through them is giving me an excellent education in Reason. I also own filter research, and it is really jaw dropping, but in all honesty I haven't been able to work it into a track yet, but I think that is due to my own limitations.

Buy Pantheon immediately, I promise you will not be disappointed.

Carl
Jeremy_NSL
KVRAF

Postby Jeremy_NSL; Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:15 pm

Hey dj,

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, there will surely be some percussion stuff coming up. I hadn't planned tablas etc (well with malstrom they are too easy) but I'll see what I can come up with!

If anyone is reading this and is thinking of signing up for the free Wizardry trial, you've got about 2 hours left before September - which means you'll miss the awesome August issue. So get on that quick! :)

djFresha wrote:Hi Jeremy, just watched the 2nd (August's) video tutorial, and it has given me plenty of ideas for synth patch building. Also I've noticed that over the next few months you are going to be looking into synthesis percussion using Subtractor, Maelstrom & Thor. This is currently what i am getting into (going through Subtractor percussion), and really would like to see how to emulate sounds like tablas/bongos etc. Got kicks, claps hats & snares pretty much sussed, it's the more 'exotic' sounds that get me thinking how to go about it.

Loking forward to more tutes, plus I'm waiting on my copy of Record imminently (I'm on Reason 4 btw, and I am considering the Pantheon refill, and the Filter Research too)

Keep up the good work
Jeremy_NSL
KVRAF

Postby Jeremy_NSL; Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:19 pm

Thanks for posting Carl. BTW if you have questions about Wizardry, remember I am here to help :) The same goes for Filter Research of course.

I personally don't think I am skilled enough yet in Reason to benefit much from the tutorials, but I am working up to them. As for Pantheon, I highly, highly recommend it. Not only am I using some of the Combinators (tweaked for my own flavor, of course) in a couple of tracks, I find that going through them is giving me an excellent education in Reason. I also own filter research, and it is really jaw dropping, but in all honesty I haven't been able to work it into a track yet, but I think that is due to my own limitations.

Buy Pantheon immediately, I promise you will not be disappointed.

Carl
dawelo1958
KVRer

2 posts since 24 Sep, 2009

Postby dawelo1958; Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:46 pm

Jeremy,

I LOVE the tutorials so far! I'm only part way thru the Sept issue and it's great!

What follows is probably just a selfish attempt to get more knowledge out of your head and not meant to be a criticism. I know it comes from your desire to Leave No Reasoner Behind :)

Your description of the RW series states that it is going to assume a strong familiarity of Reason and its devices. However, in the Frequency Split section of this month's issue you spend a lot of time explaining what the 'To Devices' jacks on a Combi are for and how to use a Spider.

These are the basics that you ask subscribers to know.

If an example is a bit unusual or a bit trickier in some way, then a more detailed explanation is of course warranted.

Again I am finding the series very informative and inspirational.

Thanks for all you give to the Reason community.

peace.

dave.
Jeremy_NSL
KVRAF

Postby Jeremy_NSL; Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:24 am

Hey Dave,

I appreciate the feedback! That's exactly the kind of stuff I need to know.

Its tough to find a balance. I would like it if everyone already knew the basics of audio & cv routing but I know from emails exchanged that this isn't the case.

I think many people use Reason on a regular basis but almost never flip the rack over. And when they do, it looks very intimidating (I get that reaction over and over again when I do live presentations). So, they do know the basics of Reason in a sense - just not all of it.

Anyway, I'm still searching for the right balance so bear with me. Hopefully the issue did get advanced enough for you towards the end :)

Jeremy
Previous

Moderator: Jeremy_NSL

Return to Nucleus SoundLab