One Synth Challenge 7 - Felix.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK folks, we're off!

The 7th One-Synth-Challenge! .... and our chosen synth is 'Felix!'

Anyone old enough to be familiar with the similarly named cartoon cat will know that it rhymes with 'fix', and 'bag of tricks', and will be humming that jolly little tune right about now!! (.... dont fight it, use it! :hihi: )

Create a track using only Felix for all the sounds, including percussion!

Thanks to Kriminal for this creation! It really has sufficient character to rival its old cartoon namesake! .. its kinda black and white! ... and may also be responsible for the phrase 'Uh Oh' now and again!! :)
You can download Felix here.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lisa.millington/

********* RULES ( please read fully) **********

The track can be made in any host.

All the sounds in our tracks will be created by Felix.

Any type of effect may be used provided .....
* .... they are freeware and easily available via download. ( Fx native to your host, which do not satisfy these conditions, or cannot be used in other hosts, cannot be used. )

* .... they are not used in such a way as to transform the sounds to a degree
which makes them unrecognisable as those obtained from Felix..... otherwise
you will be named, shamed, blamed, tamed, maimed, flamed, perhaps even
framed! ( but you still might win a prize )

It's barely possible to give more accurate guidance re. how far you can push the above. All I can advise is that if you get away with it, its because you pushed the boundaries without pushing your luck!

*** There is no track length limit.

**** Finished tracks, in mp3 format, should be uploaded here ...

http://onesynthcomp.4shared.com/

* Please post in this thread when you upload a track, that way I can prevent
abuse of this public folder. Anything uploaded without an accompanying post
here will be deleted.

For the sake of clarity, name your track in the following format ...

Title of Track - Artist Name

* Before you do that though, create a notepad/text file and describe briefly what you have used ( host, how many instances of Felix, which fx, how many instances.. etc. )
....... keep it short though, that way it can be read in preview mode without the need to be downloaded.

Save the notepad/text file as the title of your track, that way it will sit above or below the track itself when you upload it, and not get mixed up with any others. ( feel free to post or PM me if you have any problems uploading )

**** CLOSING DATE for submissions is 31st August!

A poll will be opened as soon as is practicable after this deadline, and voting will be open to all kvr members for a period of 7 days.

..... NOTE ..... Only tracks uploaded to the hosting folder allocated for this comp, before the closing date, accompanied by said info text file, will appear on the poll. Please do not post seperate, external links to tracks you wish to be included in the comp.

And the prize(s)? Rob_lee has generously donated a growing load of stuff I cant quite keep up with, for this and future comps.
I will come up with something you will hopefully enjoy playing around with and make your participation worthwhile, ....and ANY OTHER OFFERS OF PRIZES WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!! :pray:

I like to think though, and judging by the previous comps, that the biggest prize is the joy of participation, and the learning process ( despite the hairloss and skull inflicted damage to walls and furniture ) that comes with the challenge of stretching one synth to its limits.
So, nothing to lose ( other than hair, sleep and sanity :hihi: ), and plenty of time!

**** Good luck with those tracks! ...... and have fun!!! **** ----

Yeah it's the only other Felix I know. :lol:

cool, have to keep an eye on this thread 8)

XD and I already built 5 presets etc. with the Galileo thing XD.
Buuuut. Ok. It's Felix now! :wink:

Well my first impression is that this is a cracking choice for a one-synth-challenge ...! It appears simple, but it has hidden depths! ... The more I play around with it, the more I get to know it, and the more I realise can be done with it!

I only have my drumkit progged so far, but hey! ... What a drumkit! :D

So Felix it is then. I'm in. Starting on this tomorrow (and hopes for the best)

Well I'm off to a great start! 11 solid sounds, a few little melodies, nice bass sound .... got a bit sidetracked when I got tantalisingly close to a guitar sound, but alas, I've settled for a guitiano! :)

Felix "The Cat" Potvin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felix_Potvin

Sorry I couldn't resist. I'm a hockey player and ex hockey card collector

A Toronto Mapleleafs goalie for years. The tune of "Oh Canada" comes to mind whenever I hear about this synth.

And here is the band - Felix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2TRy-7fpiw

Dragged from some obscure corner of my 1990's mind.

I preferref Felix Da Housecat though with "Silver Screen" although probably far too minimal for you lot out there...

...mind you the lass in the stockings...meow. :shock:

Best of luck,
Mouxbar

[Deleted]

A bit of good news, MaxSynths has once again added a copy of Cryologic to the prize pot! .... having taken a copy as my prize in the last comp I can tell you its bloody excellent! :tu:

Add this to rob_lee's massive contribution of prizes for this comp ....

Waldorf Edition (sealed) Attack/PPG Wave/D-Pole Filter (full versions),
Predator soundset = 128 brand new presets
Sylenth vol 1 & 2 = 256 presets
Soon to be complete Sylenth vol 3 = new 128 presets

.... plus my usual set of participants prizes, plus anything else anyone might want to donate, .... and there are no losers here! :)

I feel assured already that the quantity and quality of tracks produced in this comp is gonna reflect the quality of the support we are priviledged to be offered .... many thanks again to rob_lee and MaxSynths. :)

tattiemannie wrote:I feel assured already that the quantity and quality of tracks produced in this comp is gonna reflect the quality of the support we are priviledged to be offered .... many thanks again to rob_lee and MaxSynths.
Let's hope it does, the quality I mean! :lol: With the prizes on offer, there's every reason to give this an extra notch. Well there is anyway because it's a whole lotta fun of course :-)
I can only speak for myself but over here things are coming along nicely. Felix is great to work with and has heaps of potential underneath that nicely arranged GUI. Music wise I believe we can reach new height with Felix compared to the difficulties that the Crystal contest caused (at least for me :hihi: )
The entries will soon start rolling in I hope :wink:

Wow never heard of this synth before and I'm loving it ! This should be fun, its on ! Let the games begin.

hi.... back from gig, and post gig shit which will delay the onset of tomorrow for real! ..... bump! :zzz:

Return to “Instruments”