Infinite Player Content News: Drum Masters 1.5, FX Tron and Cinema Sessions

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Drum Masters 1.5 upgrade is a patch upgrade with new scripts that allow you to map to any e-Drum with midi learn, it has V-Drum specific mapping and some cool enhanced GM and Imap features that allow you to select various articulations to round robin or not (such as the left and right sticks going back and forth). It has built-in effects and a whole new look.

Here's a peak:

We were supposed to have this read last month but it took a little longer to get all the features in so it will be some time this coming week that it will be available to current users. Then officially released as Drum Masters 1.5 after that (don't want to predict when just in case I'm off which I can be in my predictions).

As far as Cinema Sessions and Serafine FX Tron goes, these are being sent off to NI to encode for the Infinite Player this coming week. So it depends on how long it takes to come back to us and then how long it takes to prepare some of it for download (not all because it totals over 200 gigabytes of FX between all the collections!!!!) and then of course how long it takes to press up DVD and packaging (at least a month). So... spread out between September and October for that. Cinema Sessions Symphonic Effects, Dimensional Effects and Global Atmospheres may be ready sooner than the rather LARGE Serafine effects collections. More info here:

http://www.sonicreality.com/serafine.php

and

http://www.sonicreality.com/cinemasessions.php

Here are a few more screen shots:

Also, besides the fact that Drum Masters now comes with EZ Player Pro (Normally a $50 app) for FREE plus 1,000 midi files (GM and iMap) from Groove Monkee also for FREE... we realize that some of you guys have been patiently waiting for Drum Masters 1.5 so we're going to give you something extra on top of the extras. Thanks for your patience. It can take a while if we're pushing the envelope on features but we always do our best without compromising quality.

Thanks for the update. Again, you never stop to amaze me. Positively. Thanks! :)

Great look. Looking forward to the new features.

By any chance, will there be some presets, like the OWD line? It would be nice to get the sound of a Squids' tweak on many of these kits!

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Me too :)

I really hope we can get the patch updates without having to download the complete Kits or Grooves - that would save us (and eSoundz) a lot of bandwidth and time. Many ISPs in the UK throttle broadband links down to slower speeds or charge additional fees for large amounts of traffic.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

BERFAB wrote:Great look. Looking forward to the new features.

By any chance, will there be some presets, like the OWD line? It would be nice to get the sound of a Squids' tweak on many of these kits!

Cheers
-B
The approach will be different than the mix presets in OWD but yes there WILL be some nice alternate mixes in Drum Masters 1.5

The preset mixes of OWD Multichannel kits are done inside the script with key switching and a scheme where there are always 6 specific preset mixes starting from DRY all the way to full on AMBIENT. Each of these "album ready" mixes were done by Allen Sides & Steven Miller AT Ocean Way studio with Sonic Reality just assisting them in the technical execution of it (but we didn't do our own mixes in there).

Anyway, in OWD you can key switch and scroll through these 6 dry to ambient mixes instantly without having to reload. A nice feature that will likely stay a proprietary feature just of Ocean Way Drums multichannel kits. The fact that you have the mixes per kit piece is also cool for swapping out kit pieces or customizing the mix overall (say a big ambient kick and snare but with a dryer hi hat - done with a few clicks).

But, that's one approach. A different approach for Drum Masters involves different NKM (multi) and NKI patches that get loaded. So it isn't as QUICK to switch kit presets (you have to load each one) but you get more variation in the mixes that also includes internal effects processing. The result is something more like what you hear in products that have presets with processing in them (like hard rock kits that slam with compression and things like that). But, the cool thing is that you can dial it back all the way to the original natural unprocessed sound to run through T-Racks or whatever other modeled effects plug-ins you have which make it sound that much more powerful.

Also additional presets will be made over time for it with these new 1.5 scripts that have a lot of great new features... a nice free update! We hope it was worth the wait too because it was a LOT of work to do all of this! But we're committed to making this product as great as it can be.

DarkStar wrote:Me too :)

I really hope we can get the patch updates without having to download the complete Kits or Grooves - that would save us (and eSoundz) a lot of bandwidth and time. Many ISPs in the UK throttle broadband links down to slower speeds or charge additional fees for large amounts of traffic.
Yep, no need to download the samples again. Just the new NKM and NKI file zips which you simply drag and drop onto the Infinite Player library installer and point it to the right place... done in minutes.

But, it's not ready yet. Almost! Some of you can have a beta version (really the release version but just not all the presets yet) this coming week. The ones that have expressed interest and own Drum Masters already. But everyone who owns it will get all all of the presets that relate to the kits and grooves their own for free within the next 2 weeks. Not a bandwidth killer at all (but hopefully a lot of new people that don't have Drum Masters yet buy the samples with this killer release!)

:party:
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Yeah we don't talk about that installer any more but it is quite clever.

In the 3 screenshots I see a knob labelled 'Snr Btm'. Does this knob adjust the amount of kick bleed present in the bottom snare mic? ie are all these knobs just for the KICK sample??

Chester Desmond wrote:In the 3 screenshots I see a knob labelled 'Snr Btm'. Does this knob adjust the amount of kick bleed present in the bottom snare mic? ie are all these knobs just for the KICK sample??
That's just the kick NKI from the kit. It has discrete mic mixing per kit piece so you can adjust the snare bottom mic (that is picking up the snare rattling sound) and bring it up or down as you wish. NICE! But there's so much more.

This week (maybe tomorrow) we're releasing the new Sonic Reality web site AND putting out an Infinite Player trial version and a FREE Stereo JB Sonor Kit with the new 1.5 scripts! Not bad. So you'll all be able to try it out.

Also, at some point today I will post more screen shots and explain some of the features... this is going to get fun fast!

Give the servers time to breathe after the IK Singles promo, with all of this hitting and the updates you mentioned being free... Brace for impact! :-)

This week (maybe tomorrow) we're releasing the new Sonic Reality web site AND putting out an Infinite Player trial version and a FREE Stereo JB Sonor Kit with the new 1.5 scripts!
Is that the one which is included in your Drum Master Starter Pack (retailing at $75)?

And what does "FREE" mean - especially regarding the sonor kit? Free to demo (since it is a demo)?

Or free to use without ristriction? And would that mean one could use it if he only owns the IP?

esoundz: MountainKing
Last edited by MountainKing on Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

Squids, the 1.5 Drum Masters update will have round robin (and related extra samples) and V-Drums mapping (okay, my personal interest is for the TD-10), correct? I'm asking because of your answer to another posters concern of not having to download the entire file made me uncertain if the update includes these extra samples. I know back in December when you promised these features, a lot of us who purchased based on the upcoming functionality didn't mind re-downloading the entire file at all. That remains how I feel. I don't mind re-downloading anything to get the promised functionality.

On another Drum Masters related note, when looking through eSoundz.com, I couldn't find the drum kits with roto toms. I think it was one of Nick's kits. Is this no longer available? If so, could you link me to it?

Thanks,
eDrummist

eDrummist wrote:Squids, the 1.5 Drum Masters update will have round robin (and related extra samples) and V-Drums mapping (okay, my personal interest is for the TD-10), correct? I'm asking because of your answer to another posters concern of not having to download the entire file made me uncertain if the update includes these extra samples. I know back in December when you promised these features, a lot of us who purchased based on the upcoming functionality didn't mind re-downloading the entire file at all. That remains how I feel. I don't mind re-downloading anything to get the promised functionality.

On another Drum Masters related note, when looking through eSoundz.com, I couldn't find the drum kits with roto toms. I think it was one of Nick's kits. Is this no longer available? If so, could you link me to it?

Thanks,
eDrummist
We're making esoundz a little less cluttered with individual kits and grooves so they were moved to www.downloadablesoundz.com in the instruments section (just click on the Drum Masters banner and then instruments and you'll find them). The Roto kit should still be there.

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”