Tribadism (Rock'n roll?)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wrote a new track. This time it's some kind of rock'n roll with attitude. The overall production is pretty horrible, but hopefully the song is good.

Tribadism

All feedback is welcome.

Oh yeah, and this is the first track where I've used my new modular synth. :)

Very 60s track. Not bad at all. However...

I think the lead guitar needs more variation. Vocals need to come up a bit, and a general all round polish.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

I agree 100%. The production isn't very good at all because of my personal deadline which was quite tight. This will teach me to put more time in my music production with the upcoming tracks :)

I don't mind that the production isn't all shiny and professional. It has it's own charms, it even demands some kind of attention.

What I like: the theme played by the guitar. The horns that chime in at certain intervalls.

What I don't like: the drums are too basic and too far in the back. But this could be easily improved. The voice: here you need to decide if you really want vocals on this track. If so, you'll need to push them to the front. Right now - the way the track is layed down - I don't care for vocals at all.

What I would do: make the track instrumental only. Record a second guitar that cuts in and plays against the first. This could be done in a mean way. :-). Make the drums heavier. Concentrate on bass drum and toms and give some kind of "tribal" treatment. Write a bassline that underlines the guitars theme, but make it soar every fourth bar.

For me, Tribadism has a huge potential for a smashing, hard driving instrumental track. One that gets you off your seat and kicks out your legs at the same time. The guitar work in the first few bars is the real hook here, as it gives some space and breath when the second theme is played out.

The above is very subjective, of course. Other approaches/treatments are possible. But you're up to something good here, anyway. :-)
If you listen hard enough, you can still hear the silence.

If I have time in the near future, I'll try to make the instrumental version with more polished production :)

Thanks for pointing those things out :)

Return to “Music Cafe”