Fused Stratocaster

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What do you think?

Dated?....fun?...sucks?...cool?...crappy mix?...pretty good mix?...what can I do to improve it?... Delete it?

http://www.opendrive.com/files/5657563_ ... acious.mp3
Last edited by any1particular on Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like the jazz-fusion idea in this (it's basically a jazz fusion track to these ears).
What I don't like is the drums! I don't thin they fit this style of music. Switch to some acoustic style ones and tighten up some bits n pieces here & there and you got yourself a nice piece of music and in a style we don't see that often n KVR (it does get a bit muddy in places when soloing on the guitar but that's a mixing issue I think)

K-Bee wrote:Like the jazz-fusion idea in this (it's basically a jazz fusion track to these ears).
What I don't like is the drums! I don't thin they fit this style of music. Switch to some acoustic style ones and tighten up some bits n pieces here & there and you got yourself a nice piece of music and in a style we don't see that often n KVR (it does get a bit muddy in places when soloing on the guitar but that's a mixing issue I think)
Thank you for your thoughtful reply K-Bee!

I used the electronic sounding drums hoping to give a modern twist to an otherwise old style of music-Fusion???

The track was actually inspired by the drums. I just bought GURU a few days ago and this was the out come of fooling around with it. Perhaps I'll switch to an acoustic set and repost it.

Thanks again for the reply! :)

Chuck S.

Some nice blues style meditation in there. I enjoyed it. :clap: :tu:

My take on the drums is that they are fine, once the guitar comes in and everything gets going. Early, when less is happening, they aren't enough to carry the mix. They come across to my ears as more AM radio than modern/digital.

My only other suggestion would be to remove the section between 0:43 and 1:03. It's an unnecessary pattern repitition extention of the introduction. The tune takes a little too long to get going and that section is responsible.

Madeness wrote:Some nice blues style meditation in there. I enjoyed it. :clap: :tu:

My take on the drums is that they are fine, once the guitar comes in and everything gets going. Early, when less is happening, they aren't enough to carry the mix. They come across to my ears as more AM radio than modern/digital.

My only other suggestion would be to remove the section between 0:43 and 1:03. It's an unnecessary pattern repitition extention of the introduction. The tune takes a little too long to get going and that section is responsible.
Yeah Madeness! Nice suggestions indeed.

In retrospect I completely agree.

These critics are so helpful. I appreciate them!

These computer music technologies are so freakin much fun aren't they??!!!

Thanks for taking the time to reply!:)

Chuck S.

Return to “Music Cafe”