Regnat Populus

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just finished this the other night.. I'm not sure what genre to describe it as - perhaps you can enlighten me?
It is a bit electronic - 808 drums and Virus synth, but it has a lot of acoustic guitar and piano.. So - help me label this one...?

http://www.noahcohn.com/NoahCohn_RegnatPopulus.mp3

192kbps
5:03
7.3mb

All comments welcome! :)

Noah, nice track, I did a quick master of it to get it a little louder and fuller. Hope you don't mind. There's a lot of great details in this track. :)
Definitely electronic-fantasy genre, imo.

Regnat Populus remaster

p.s. I'll pull it off of this post if this offends you.

Interesting track. Has a bit of an Andreas Vollenweider gentle meandering acoustics over electronic backing mood to it. Pity that the guitar sounds more like a hammered dulcimer. Cool sounds in general.

Victor.

wow! thanks for your contribution Jazzyspoon..!
may i ask how you achieved this loudness? because i only use WAV for my final releases so i need to alter my WAV.. or i could get it to you, but i know WAVs are slow to move about...

I threw it into Cubase and added some comp/lim from powercore's X3 and a little eq, too. Just lifted the signal, that's all. Send me your wav in a PM if you want. :)

I haven't heard anything like it before, so I'm probably the last person who should label it. The electronic portions remind me of game music, but the way the guitar is played over it reminds me a little of a classical piece played on harpsichord.

Mozart meets katamari damacy?

Interesting marriage. Could certainly be handy in specific environments.

i think Jazzy is correct - Fantasy genre..
interesting you say that because what i did was take the principle of a tune my guitar teacher moved from perhaps harpsichord to guitar - which was a Bach tune that uses a bass not and three repeating notes.. it was one of the coolest things i used to play all the time..

Jazzyspoon - pm sent - WAV uploaded...

Very nice, lovely warm tones and sweet melodies. Enjoyed lots!
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

core wrote:Very nice, lovely warm tones and sweet melodies. Enjoyed lots!
thanks! very encouraging words.. :-)
i'm glad you enjoyed it.. :D

I enjoyed this quite a bit. Thank you.

Return to “Music Cafe”