Prog Metal - Here is another part from my new album-project - Updated!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is another part from my new album-project:
http://www.nalbantov.com/2012_Song_Part ... g_Mix3.mp3

Hope you will enjoy it!

Dimi
Last edited by dimitar on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sounds good....are the drums from superior 2? sounds like it. I like it!!

Thanks!
Steven Slate Drums. :)

Awesome. Great guitar playing. Mixing very, very tasty. I love the part from about 0:55 where it starts to sound like Satch himself.

Far too short for a prog song. No prog guitarist should ever allow his guitar to fade away :uhuhuh: :wink:

Niiice. Like the song so far. As far as the mix goes... in the intro lower (the volume) of the synth line and bring out the harmonizing guitar part. More uniform volume betwwen the two. The cymbals need a little bringing out too. Add a little more meat to the kickdrum. Of course this is all IMO. So YMMV :wink:
KVR >Gear Slutz! Change my mind! :clap:

o prog guitarist should ever allow his guitar to fade away Uh Uh Uh Wink

:lol:

of course the next obvious question :o , what amp sim did you use for the electric guitar 8)? Are the acoustic guitars direct or Mic'd? I think I can safely assume hardly anyone on KVR mic's up a guitar cab anymore :hihi: .

Thanks guys! :hail:
Left Channel Guitar Rig Messa Model, Right Channel OverLoud TH1 Messa Model and the solo is Guitar Rig with Carvin Legacy Impulse.
The Acoustic is a basic model "Stagg" guitar with pieso.

Regards,
Dimi

cool track, and it sounds really good to me. Great production.
Well done, Dimi

Cheers

dimitar wrote:Thanks guys! :hail:
Left Channel Guitar Rig Messa Model, Right Channel OverLoud TH1 Messa Model and the solo is Guitar Rig with Carvin Legacy Impulse.
The Acoustic is a basic model "Stagg" guitar with pieso.

Regards,
Dimi
As you know it's not entirely my cup of hemlock, but great electric geetar, as always. I agree with the earlier comment that the kick drum is a bit weak, but that seems to be all the rage to have 'clicky' sound in metel these days so....each to their own

Re the acoustic guitar; get a cheapo condenser mic and re-record it for the final version. You know it makes sense.

Yeah, I will re-record it tomorrow it my CAD condenser...
Btw,here is an updated mix. Just put a pitch shifter on the acoustic and balanced the synts and the kick
http://www.nalbantov.com/2012_Song_Part ... g_Mix3.mp3

Dimi

Nice tune, great guitar playing and good mixing.
The drums sound too robotic for my taste.
The acoustic guitar at 00:55 is too loud in my opinion (I only heard the first version). It made me focus on it instead of the lead guitar.
The kick gets burried away in some places along the tune. I would have preferred to hear it all along the tune.
The arrangement is good but my interest level was not kept 100% through the entire tune. I admit, it's not exactly my cup of music although I love Dream Theater stuff.
I would say, after hearing other stuff of yours, that you set the bar high for yourself so this tune is good but we know you can make it better... :wink:

Thanks yairhol!!! I will try my best to work on it and make it a better song...
I will add more parts and will work on the arrangement of course.
I just throw in some riffs :)

please check out this http://www.nalbantov.com/2012_Song_Part ... g_Mix3.mp3

Best Regards,
Dimi

wow, that is good........for prog rock :hihi:

you know i'm a hater....unless jack black is singing
"Most people who experiment with drugs are not lying in the streets, suffocating on their own vomit. If you want to see some of that, go to the Pub on Saturday night at closing time." ozwest

Thanks Android :)))

Return to “Music Cafe”