Spectrasonics Trilian V's Scarbee Guitar Kontakt Soundpacks

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I own Trilogy and am waiting for the upgrade to Trilian to be released, but I know that (in the future) I may/will want to use Precision Bass and Slap Bass in some of my tracks, do you think Trilian will nail it or not, Reason I'm asking as I was very impressed by the N.I. Kontakt demo of Scarbee Pre-Bass so I'm waiting for Trilian first(incase it's just as good), what's your thoughts?

Eric from Spectrasonics (A.K.A Spectrum) sometimes comes here to talk about their products. Maybe he can chime in with some enlightments...

That's a tough call, since Scarbee and Spectrasonics are both so far beyond good at what they do.

I don't own Trilogy, but I do own Scarbee Black & Red Bass, wich are incredible instruments, with playability second to none. The price is quite stunning, too. I would certainly go for Scarbee for anything E-Bass related.

However, I must admit to be slighty biased, for I personnaly consider Mr. Scarbee to be a semi-God.
Alexis

yairhol wrote:Eric from Spectrasonics (A.K.A Spectrum) sometimes comes here to talk about their products. Maybe he can chime in with some enlightments...
I did watch a Spectrasonics video on it where they show more realistic playability with the guitar basses, I'm not sure off hand it (Trilogy) features Precision Bass although I know it has slap, I'm looking for the reason NOT to buy Scarbee Pre-Bass, I'm thinking Trilian may cover it and a better slap bass too....

Hopefully Eric will chime in :)

@l3x!5 wrote:That's a tough call, since Scarbee and Spectrasonics are both so far beyond good at what they do.

I don't own Trilogy, but I do own Scarbee Black & Red Bass, wich are incredible instruments, with playability second to none. The price is quite stunning, too. I would certainly go for Scarbee for anything E-Bass related.

However, I must admit to be slighty biased, for I personnaly consider Mr. Scarbee to be a semi-God.
I heard Scarbee are in with N.I. to release more Soundpacks of their samples for Kontakt Player Free/Kontakt...so with that and the release of Trilian I'm waiting....

The release of Scarbee's Black Bass as a NI's pack is inminent. It's going to be called "Scarbee MM-bass - Amped".

yairhol wrote:Eric from Spectrasonics (A.K.A Spectrum) sometimes comes here to talk about their products. Maybe he can chime in with some enlightments...
Eric generally comes on for promotions... he probably wouldn't come into a thread like this (i.e. a "Spectrasonics product vs. another product" thread). If somebody says something about Spectrasonics' software that isn't true, then he'll come in and correct them but he's not the type to wade into a discussion like this and start talking trash on competing products.

trillian should be available one week from tomorrow.

RyanG wrote:
Eric generally comes on for promotions... he probably wouldn't come into a thread like this (i.e. a "Spectrasonics product vs. another product" thread). If somebody says something about Spectrasonics' software that isn't true, then he'll come in and correct them but he's not the type to wade into a discussion like this and start talking trash on competing products.
Talking trash about another product is not the only way to participate in a thread of XX vs. YY. Some questions have been raised about Trilian which he could answer, ignoring completely the other product. He has done that before in the Omnisphere vs. Alchemy thread. The thing is, since Trilian has not been released yet and Eric said that the information regarding it will be released only on the 26th, most likely he will not reveal anything here before it is officialy released on their website. This will happen in 7 days and counting.

Edit: Have you guys noticed how quiet this Trilian release is compared to the extremely (understatement) hyped release of Omnisphere? I wonder why?

yairhol wrote: Edit: Have you guys noticed how quiet this Trilian release is compared to the extremely (understatement) hyped release of Omnisphere? I wonder why?
That's true. I didn't think of that. Omnisphere probably had 5 different threads with an average of 30 replies each a week before it's launch.
I think the reason why Trillian is getting less hyped is because people are thinking along the same lines as me - bass is probably the least important part of a track. I have never bought a dedicated bass instrument. I am quite curious about Trillian though, and despite owning both Stylus RMX and Omnisphere and them probably being my two most used instruments, Trillian is not first on my to-buy list. I always think of the groove (drums/percussion) and lead instruments as being primary sound sources, regardless whether I'm making for instance Trip hop, Rock or House. So, once I've got all the other er...bases covered I'll go for bass :D But for me, there always seems to be something more important to buy than a bass instrument. Having said that, IF I was to buy a dedicated bass instrument Trillian would most likely be my no. 1 choice.

Armadillo wrote:
yairhol wrote: Edit: Have you guys noticed how quiet this Trilian release is compared to the extremely (understatement) hyped release of Omnisphere? I wonder why?
That's true. I didn't think of that. Omnisphere probably had 5 different threads with an average of 30 replies each a week before it's launch.
I think the reason why Trillian is getting less hyped is because people are thinking along the same lines as me - bass is probably the least important part of a track. I have never bought a dedicated bass instrument. I am quite curious about Trillian though, and despite owning both Stylus RMX and Omnisphere and them probably being my two most used instruments, Trillian is not first on my to-buy list. I always think of the groove (drums/percussion) and lead instruments as being primary sound sources, regardless whether I'm making for instance Trip hop, Rock or House. So, once I've got all the other er...bases covered I'll go for bass :D But for me, there always seems to be something more important to buy than a bass instrument. Having said that, IF I was to buy a dedicated bass instrument Trillian would most likely be my no. 1 choice.
I would never say that bass is the least important instrument in a track. I could think of tracks without guitars, others without pianos and even synths could be very *not dominant* (what's the word for it?) in many trakcs but I can't think of a track without bass. Bass is, IMO, so fundamental to a track that no way could I live without it, but most definately I could live without other instruments.
I think Trilian could have an enormous market given its many features having acoustic and electronic bass sounds.

I'm sure it will be great. I have Omnisphere and RMX Xpanded, and I must say they are phenomenal products and will serve me well for a long time. Omnisphere is great for pads and beds and has a great many other uses, and RMX is great for doing some more jazzy fusion beats.

Bass is one thing that has be done right. I'm not sure if even the very best of samples can do justice to a real bass instrument. Synth bass, no problem. Real bass, I'm not so sure about this. There is just so many things you can do on a real bass solo, that IMHO it's basically like doing a guitar solo, just merely being voiced much lower of course. You can do a bend, squeak, slide and wobble and partial mute within the same finger movement on a real bass.

I think Trilian will be able to cover a huge range of bass playing styles and timbres, and at $299 it's a steal for those who want to find out what different basses sound like in different contexts, for example, the chapman stick and other less common basses. But in the past I've been very allergic to even the very best sample-based products with regards to guitars, so I fear I would perhaps be likewise allergic on the bass side of things.

Ben
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

yairhol wrote: I would never say that bass is the least important instrument in a track. I could think of tracks without guitars, others without pianos and even synths could be very *not dominant* (what's the word for it?) in many trakcs but I can't think of a track without bass. Bass is, IMO, so fundamental to a track that no way could I live without it, but most definately I could live without other instruments.
I think Trilian could have an enormous market given its many features having acoustic and electronic bass sounds.
Ah.... I wouldn't say bass is not important. Virtually all the tracks I've ever done has bass one them. HOWEVER, the bass is usually buried underneath loads of other instruments so you can't really tell if it's super realistic or not. And for most genres it doesn't have to be. I've got Ministry of rock and anything I've ever done that requires an electric bass MOR's basses did just fine. They are certainly passable on any Pop/Rock track. And many synths can do some great basses as well, so personally the thing I'd be most interested in, in Trilian would be upright basses.

I think Trillian, Omnisphere and STylus RMX together are a great combination with the midi groove feature. So I cant wait for the next week to buy Trillian to complete the Bundle of 3.
macOS Mojave 10.14.2| Logic Pro x 10.4.3

The bass is usually anything but buried in most of my mixes, LOL. Since I just play real bass when I want bass guitar, though, it's mostly the synth basses that would interest me in Trilian. Curious to see how much the library of synth basses has increased when the detailed info and demos come out - IMO, that's something that's a bit lacking in the current selection of sample libraries...a really good and varied collection of just BASS sounds sampled from good analog mono synths.
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”