rats and orphans: a love song

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A quick bit of nonsense:

She Already Knows

Have at it.

Great stuff. I like it. Reminds me of some band I used to listen, Dead Brothers, Le Loup Garou or Pale Nudes maybe. I'd only wish for a little clearer vocals, maybe brighter, they blend with the lower end and are a bit hard to pick, at least for someone as inexperienced with English as me.

Thumbs up.

Vocals are clear enough here, but a slight brightening wouldn't hurt. (Of course, I'm not having to pick out and translate.)
No longer a moderator.

I'm always excited to see a Barnadine track come up - pathetic fan boy I am. :hyper:

This is terrific as usual... quirky, raw, dark, humourous, and that voice full of character. 8)

Love the voice percussion/background arrangement as well.
Image Image

Very nice and exceptionally original
I truly enjoyed it, well done

Cheers

Yeah, I already voted for ya.

Hi-larious and enjoyable :)

Wow, that was a surprise.

I agree the vocals could be clearer.

Loved it though.

D.

one of the few 100% this year: Bravisimo! :clap: :love: :wheee:

m
"It dreamed itself along"

Thanks for listening and for the (possibly overkind) comments. 8)

Yep, brightening the vocals sounds like a good idea. Slightly soupy, kitchen-sink kind of mix which probably needs a visit from the EQ fairy. In the meantime, I've posted the lyrics up here for the morbidly curious.

Thanks, Wyatt. This month's kvr theme didn't really grab me so I had to wander off elsewhere for entertainment. ;)

And cheers for the band tips, ZQ. Just been having a listen to Dead Brothers - some fun stuff in there.

Absolutely brilliant as always! Love your work mate. Thanks for the tune.

How'd you do the rhythmic vocalisations (starts at 0:07)? Are they words?

:love: Yes, another excellent one, Barnadine. Thanks for sharing :hug:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

yay!! what a refreshing, original, quirky and enjoyable song! I love some of the harmonies. All round excellent Barnadine :tu:

In the interest of balance I shall say 'MEH'

I'm pretty sure i'll be humming this for days though.

Cheers :hihi:

:hihi: Cheers all.

TankEyes, that'd just be me chanting into a microphone. Twice. Is 'Hnh-chugga' a word? I first tried chanting 'She knows-ah!' Mark E. Smith style, but it didn't quite have the rhythm I was after. (Did you ever finish that big bass song, by the way? I don't watch the cafe like I should.)

A friendly bump, for this one goes to my "best of kvr" folder on a D:/ drive.

Return to “Music Cafe”