a bite of dreamy psychedelic

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

call it 'stuff', i call it 'Lindsaycooperchriscutlerdavidthomasrobertwyattwhipethezombieouttamoviesoundtrackedbymrmarcinandilikeitwithsomebryanferryandymackaymoon'

gulp with love :wheee:
"It dreamed itself along"

Nice track.. I liked composition and arrangement.. sounds good and well mixed
Last edited by markkuja on Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Some people are lost in space, others have lost the space... Thanks for input!

well, it's the music ... but why do you post it here?

You think it would be better not to post it here?

Zombie Queen wrote:You think it would be better not to post it here?
please answer my question first!

I'm glad you posted it. I enjoyed listening. :-)

The drums are an awesome reminder of how much I wish I had a real kit beside me in my studio. They are very real and satisfying.

Just out of curiosity, did you spend a fair bit of time setting up those drums for recording, or was it just a fairly simple setup with one or two mics? I really like the way they sound.
Somewhere in the background zedd

I was trying local post office first, but mail sorting lady was trying to kill me with a stapler. KVR is safer.

Sorry, if I disappoint you zedd, but the drums are made in Battery with bundled samples and it's powered with creatively mashed-up midi pattern libraries. Other instruments are also played from sampler, it's all computer music.

Zombie Queen wrote:Sorry, if I disappoint you zedd, but the drums are made in Battery with bundled samples and it's powered with creatively mashed-up midi pattern libraries. Other instruments are also played from sampler, it's all computer music.
As it happens, I am not disappointed at all. I find that thrilling, actually, especially since I have Battery in my collection of plugins. I was just using it for drum track the other day!

Is there any chance I could get you to reveal the name of preset you used so that I can try it out over here?

I was thoroughly convinced, and I'm usually really good at spotting the nots. I have no doubt that your mixing treatment had something to do with it. Thanks again for sharing. :-)

Zombie Queen wrote:I was trying local post office first, but mail sorting lady was trying to kill me with a stapler. KVR is safer.
i didn't expect a serious answer, but i was hoping for it. I don't know why. Maybe some kind of losing space.

Mello, this was in a sense serious answer, I wanted to post it somewhere and I don't know a better place.

Zedd, this is... :oops: "GM kit", Battery 2, and it is playing pretty much out of the box, no special treatment, no effects on drum channel, as I see it Battery comes with well recorded and treated samples and tweaking them makes it only worse (at least when I do the tweaking), I usually only reinforce bass drum when I see a need for it, but not on this track.

Zombie Queen wrote:Mello, this was in a sense serious answer, I wanted to post it somewhere and I don't know a better place.
ok. now i understand your music better than before. Thank you! :)

Zombie Queen, you are my hero! You have truly made my day.

I've just been playing with that drumkit, and I am floored. It is so cool to be playing along with your track and hearing that same drumkit sound at my fingertips. When I first heard your track I was honestly saying to myself "THAT is the advantage of having real drums... they sound so much more authentic... I wish my virtual drums could sound like that."

And so to discover that it actually is a virtual kit, and that it is already in my collection of instruments was really an amazing surprise. I am delighted by this little twist of fate, and will continue enjoying the memory of this synchronicity when I use the kit in some of my future projects.
Zombie Queen wrote:Zedd, this is... :oops: "GM kit", Battery 2, and it is playing pretty much out of the box, no special treatment, no effects on drum channel, as I see it Battery comes with well recorded and treated samples and tweaking them makes it only worse (at least when I do the tweaking), I usually only reinforce bass drum when I see a need for it, but not on this track.
There is no reason to blush. If a kit sounds right on, the it sounds right on, even if it happens to be one of those lowly "GM kit"s. :hihi: The truth is that since generic "GM kit"s are usually not all that satisfying, I am pretty sure I never even loaded this kit since I got Battery in the spring. Who would have guessed it sounded so good?

I actually have an iTunes playlist where I collect songs which have drum tracks that have a quality which admire and want to emulate, and when I started playing this kit along with those tracks it fit right in with a bunch of them. Seriously, this snare sound, in particular, is rare to find in a virtual instrument. I probably have well over 150 different virtual drum kits, and there are very, very few which come close to having this very satisfying snare sound.

And I loaded up a few other Battery kits while I was at it. Imagine my extra-surprise to discover that the North India kit probably has the best samples of Indian drums I have heard. I have numerous collections of Indian drums, as well, and these ones are probably my new favorites. I think I will start using Battery much more often.

Did I mention that you made my day? You really did.

Many thanks and best wishes! :-)

Zedd

Return to “Music Cafe”