Colder Winter...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I revamped this track for an upcoming winter comp on Ootray.com. Big thanks to Mel for lending me her beautiful voice for sampling (as well as inspiration). Hope you have a safe and happy holiday/New Year.
COLDER WINTER - Jazzyspoon
320kbps 14mb 5:47

Thanks for listening, if you get the time.

Nice mellow track for a winter morning. :tu:
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

i enjoyed this ...

the ( sort of ) drum and bass motif that is introduced at about 1.25mn
does not work for me , but i am rarely drawn to that stylee ...

i feel the melodic composition , and your sound design elements are strong enough
to carry the track , and indeed , created plenty of interest , and tension ...

well done ...

Nice track!

I'm liking the textures and mood of this.

I wonder what you're using to get the bell like tones and the bass?

Indeed it has a sunny white winter muse.

Thanks for sharing!

cool frosty ambience... icy leads... cold breath of wind.... bass and drums are soft, feels like they comes deep from snowdrift... good track with nice sounds

As I've said over at ootray, I love this track - one of my faves by you Jazzy. :love:
Image Image

Love it.
Great, balanced mix.
Very relaxing, in my opinion.

A nice track :) and I too was wondering if the drums should be there. After a second listening I didn't think much about it though but got a bit tired of the female voice instead.

Very nice. I enjoyed this. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

Beautiful stuff, Jazzy. I'm gonna open my window, play this real loud and pray for snow...Thanks!

synthgeek wrote:Nice mellow track for a winter morning.
Thanks, brother. That's actually a pic of my old place in Denver. I miss Colorado, especially this time of year.
normal wrote:i enjoyed this ...

the ( sort of ) drum and bass motif that is introduced at about 1.25mn
does not work for me , but i am rarely drawn to that stylee ...

i feel the melodic composition , and your sound design elements are strong enough
to carry the track , and indeed , created plenty of interest , and tension ...

well done ...
Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment, normal. Glad you enjoyed it. I thought the dnb/glitch influence in this was rather subtle, but I understand personal preferences. :P
any1particular wrote:I wonder what you're using to get the bell like tones and the bass?
A combination of a modified version of Reaktor's Rubiter 8 (a fav synth in reaktor) for the bell tones and Microtonic for the bass.

@markkuja, polyslax, and gustavokch: thanks for the good words, I'm really glad you enjoyed this. :)

Kungkrille wrote:A nice track :) and I too was wondering if the drums should be there. After a second listening I didn't think much about it though but got a bit tired of the female voice instead.
The drums are what represent me most in this, imo, but Melanie's voice is what makes this a truly pleasant song. Thanks for checking it out though. My musical ideas are often described as an acquired taste, this isn't likely to be an exception to that. :)

D.H. Miltz wrote:Very nice. I enjoyed this. Thanks.
Thanks, D.H.! :)

apan wrote:I'm gonna open my window, play this real loud and pray for snow...Thanks!
Me, too! This song could really be considered my musical 'prayer' to the clouds for snow. Seattle is not known for it's snowy weather, so it's something I definitely miss this time of year. Thanks for checking it out, Apan.

fantastic

choir is lovely.
mixout superb.
pitchy lead insane
and the short delayed beat out of this word

ACE
awesome stuff

Well, I have a feeling that your prayer will actually do more to cool down the planet than the ongoing Copenhagen meetings...

:)
Last edited by apan on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music Cafe”