Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
xh3rv
KVRAF

1617 posts since 10 Dec, 2008, from Minneapolis

Postby xh3rv; Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:05 pm Zebra Patch Contest #7: Fishing for Bass

Minimal rule set on this one - just make a bass patch for Zebra2! Beyond that, all potential constraints are electively self-imposed.

Some general rules that still apply:

* For this contest, the submission deadline is January 25th (three weeks from now).

* Entrants may submit one or two patches.

* Generally, patches should be anonymous. Specifically, the 'Author' field in the patch, and any oscillator or MSEG presets should be blank. Of course, filling in the other fields is very helpful.

Patches may be delivered to me via pm/e-mail on these forums, or by e-mail at:
xh3rv.andrew [at] gmail [dot] com

People who do submit patches will get a link to a location where patches can be seen prior to the submission deadline. As usual, a short time after the submission deadline a properly archived set will appear at the U-He patch library.
Urs
u-he

22224 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:55 pm

Sticky!

And as almost always, I throw in a u-he product of choice for the winner 8)

;) Urs
sinzero
KVRian

505 posts since 13 Feb, 2009

Postby sinzero; Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:03 am

oh no! more bass patches :hihi:
xh3rv
KVRAF

Postby xh3rv; Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:44 am

sinzero wrote:oh no! more bass patches :hihi:

I haven't heard -any- patches that sound like this ...
xh3rv
KVRAF

Postby xh3rv; Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:55 am

Observation: the deadline is sneaking up! :)
djsubject
KVRAF

10975 posts since 26 Nov, 2004, from UK

Postby djsubject; Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:29 pm

xh3rv wrote:Observation: the deadline is sneaking up! :)

i'm slightly confused on what to remove from my patches :oops:

could i send you 2 & you clean up any mess that's left in?

i have been meaning to enter from the start, now its a bass preset comp i guess i have to :oops:

Subz
xh3rv
KVRAF

Postby xh3rv; Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:47 pm

djsubject wrote:could i send you 2 & you clean up any mess that's left in?

No problem, I'll just take off everything above 90 hz or so!

But seriously, feel free, it's no problem. The idea is just to make the patch author's identity a secret for the purposes of voting.
djsubject
KVRAF

10975 posts since 26 Nov, 2004, from UK

Postby djsubject; Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:11 pm

xh3rv wrote:The idea is just to make the patch author's identity a secret for the purposes of voting.

yea, that only clicked when i saved the patch with the patch name for the comp :dog:

i thought you wanted me to empty all the osc slots bar the ones i was using :oops:

:)

Subz
wavphorm
KVRer

14 posts since 18 Nov, 2009, from uk

Postby wavphorm; Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:16 am

xh3rv wrote:...and any oscillator or MSEG presets should be blank. Of course, filling in the other fields is very helpful.

does that many u cant use any mseg / or oscillator presets... even if they are part of the factory presets?

i ask cos think one of mine uses an osc presets... is this cos it may not work if ppl dont have the preset?

thanks for info. :help:
rockmachine
KVRist

384 posts since 11 Aug, 2005, from Canada

Postby rockmachine; Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:26 am

xh3rv wrote:
sinzero wrote:oh no! more bass patches :hihi:

I haven't heard -any- patches that sound like this ...

I know xh3rv, the next thing you'll be telling us is that " no fish were harmed in the making of this photo." :D
xh3rv
KVRAF

Postby xh3rv; Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:28 am

wavphorm wrote:
xh3rv wrote:...and any oscillator or MSEG presets should be blank. Of course, filling in the other fields is very helpful.

does that many u cant use any mseg / or oscillator presets... even if they are part of the factory presets?

i ask cos think one of mine uses an osc presets... is this cos it may not work if ppl dont have the preset?

thanks for info. :help:

To clarify - just the author tag of those presets should not contain your name, which of course won't happen with factory or stuff from the PatchLib site. If anyone needs to scrub their name from a preset they've created, the easiest thing is probably just to save with the name '...' and no data in author tag.

I check this on all patches anyway, so really no worries.

BTW, the OSC/MSEG data is saved with patches so there's never an issue of missing an OSC preset :)
wavphorm
KVRer

14 posts since 18 Nov, 2009, from uk

Postby wavphorm; Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:10 am

thanks that clears things up.
mcnoone
KVRAF

6050 posts since 8 Oct, 2007, from an inharmonious society

Postby mcnoone; Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:37 am

So when can we get to listen to these new presets?
xh3rv
KVRAF

Postby xh3rv; Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:47 am

I'm still getting some presets submitted, I'll send a link out to patch authors for sure in about 8 hours or so and if no one else submits that'll be the collection
xh3rv
KVRAF

Postby xh3rv; Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:40 pm

OK, everyone who's put in a patch up to this point _should_ have gotten an e-mail or PM with a link to my early efforts at balancing it (which fail horribly, generally). There might be another few hours to sneak in submissions if people have them (I think most patches were submitted in the past 24 hours :lol: ) but no guarantees. The collection will be made public 'soon'.

If anyone has problems accessing the link I sent, I'll make sure not to use drop.io again; if no problems arise or if no show-stopping problems arise, I think the next contest's submissions could simply be a drop.io link - it's anonymous, lets people upload, seems like a good fit. It'd also let people see patches before they're packaged, which I think would be good.

Off to see this guy, cheers :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Herren
Next

Moderator: u-he Mods

Return to u-he