New Year, New Comp... One-Synth-Challenge 12 ... 'Rogue'

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Rogue

It's a new year, and what better way to re-energise and refocus than our first One-Synth-Challenge of 2010?
OSC12 will feature a real quirky beast in the form of 'Rogue'

Create a track using only Rogue for all the sounds, including percussion! ... if you dare!!

Download Rogue here...
http://www.noslogan.com/VST/Rogue/Rogue.html

As I say, its a beautifully quirky beast! ... it has no amplitude envelope!!! ... so it's gonna be a challenge .... but it is also suitably unique, so I trust the challenge is gonna be a stimulating one.

********* RULES ( please read fully) **********

The track can be made in any host.

All the sounds in our tracks will be created by Rogue.

**FX**
The use of Fx will be limited to
EQ ( including exciter type ), Delay ( unmodulated ), static spatial ( reverb, ambience, stereo width etc.) and dynamics (Compression/gate/limiter).

Hosts native EQ is acceptable, but otherwise such Fx must .....
*be freeware, and easily available via download.
*generally usable in a wide range of hosts
*not be used in such a way as to transform the sounds to a degree
which makes them unrecognisable as those obtained from Rogue
..... otherwise you will be named, shamed, blamed, tamed, maimed, flamed, perhaps even framed! ( but you still might win a prize )

*** There is no track length limit.

**** Finished tracks, in mp3 format, should be uploaded here ...

http://onesynthcomp.4shared.com/

* Please post in this thread when you upload a track, that way I can prevent
abuse of this public folder. Anything uploaded without an accompanying post
here will be deleted.

For the sake of clarity, name your track in the following format ...

Title of Track - Artist Name ( in that order pleeeze! )

* Before you do that though, create a notepad/text file and describe briefly what you have used ( host, how many instances of Rogue, which fx, how many instances.. etc. )
....... keep it short though, that way it can be read in preview mode without the need to be downloaded.

Save the notepad/text file as the title of your track, that way it will sit above or below the track itself when you upload it, and not get mixed up with any others.
( feel free to post or PM me if you have any problems uploading )

CLOSING DATE for submissions is 1st of Feb.

***How is the comp judged?
The comp will be judged by the votes of KVR members. depending on the number of submitted tracks, the voting may take the shape of a single vote poll, or a more flexible multiple vote option.

..... NOTE ..... Only tracks uploaded to the hosting folder allocated for this comp, before the closing date, accompanied by said info text file, will appear on the poll. Please do not post seperate, external links to tracks you wish to be included in the comp.

And the prize(s)??????? .... well, we were spoiled in the xmas comp, with Rob and Max's usual solid support bolstered by a superb donation from Karmacomposer, and a slightly less impressive, but significant cash prize from myself.

However, still plenty to play for, and maybe some more if we get lucky.

@@ Rob_lee has again generously donated some patchbanks.

@@ Maxsynths has again generously donated a copy of Cryologic!
..... Big, big thanks once again to Rob and Max for their superb support!

@@ I will once again rattle something together to add to the growing participants prize bundle.
.... ANY OTHER OFFERS OF PRIZES WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!! ( bags of fresh veg, unwanted footwear, and used Lego sets accepted only if donator agrees to pay postage and ship world wide) .... PM me, or post in the thread if you wish to support OSC by donating a prize.

I like to think though, and judging by the previous comps, that the biggest prize is the joy of participation, and the learning process ( despite the hairloss and skull inflicted damage to walls and furniture ) that comes with the challenge of stretching one synth to its limits.
So, nothing to lose ( other than hair, sleep and sanity ), and plenty of time!

**** Good luck with those tracks! ...... and have fun!!! **** ------------

Wow, I used to love this synth - must have been 4 or 5 years ago at least though! I didn't know anyone else had ever heard of it and I'm hugely surprised that it's still up.

Cool rellik ... well, it's a new one for many .... hope you can join us! :)

Jeez, what a weird synth choice for a compo :shock:
This time I should force myself to contribute after being a silent listener! :oops:

Great stuff organizing this Tattiemannie, will definetely try to join. (although I just bought Sylenth and will obviously be a bit preoccupied with that.. :D)

Since he has not posted it yet, there are more prizes:

3rd place: wins Monstrous
2nd place: wins SuperCore plus the Monstrous expansion
1st place: wins Supercore plus the Monstrous AND PRIZM expansions

Mike

Ok here's my donation for this Osc comp.. i'll purchase it and register it to the winner as soon as announced..hope you'll enjoy it as much as i do.

http://www.acesynth.com/

would be nice to see some of the big gun devs chip in here too as it's a very worthy competition.some great talent so come on guys cough up for Tattie :)

Rob

Wow!!! absolutely brilliant guys :) .... I'm sure those incentives are gonna be prove huge in attracting submissions in terms of quantity and quality :clap: :clap: :tu:

... just one little nag at the moment ... I like to contact the developer(s) of featured synths when the comps are launched ... but I cant seem to find any contact for rogues developer ... any ideas?

rob_lee wrote:Ok here's my donation for this Osc comp.. i'll purchase it and register it to the winner as soon as announced..hope you'll enjoy it as much as i do.

would be nice to see some of the big gun devs chip in here too as it's a very worthy competition.some great talent so come on guys cough up for Tattie :)

Rob
HOLLY CRAP!! (pardon my language
:oops: )

Now I wish I had studied C++ or synth maker and could top this one!

Thanks man!

Karmacomposer wrote:Since he has not posted it yet, there are more prizes:

Mike

Thanks Mike!

I'm looking forward to trying Supercore, also the skin for Prizm is fantasitc!

abstractcats wrote:
Karmacomposer wrote:Since he has not posted it yet, there are more prizes:

Mike

Thanks Mike!

I'm looking forward to trying Supercore, also the skin for Prizm is fantasitc!
Thank you. SuperCore is a labor of love. I have been working on it for a while and it will REALLY be fun to use and tweak - TONS of editing possibilities.

Mike

rob_lee wrote:Ok here's my donation for this Osc comp.. i'll purchase it and register it to the winner as soon as announced..hope you'll enjoy it as much as i do.

Rob
WOW!!! Now that is what I call generous :shock: I've often looked at these threads but never jumped in; count me in on this one :D

First Track ready to upload!:D

This osc contests are great things if you want to avoid doing some work at home... (and i hava a lot to do originaly---:cry:)

...ah there is no upload button avaiable :3

EDIT: wow--- 7 post since i was writing this? (have i really needed 2,5h for writing this down ore are there some time issues? o.O
Great Prizes! (better and better with every round 8))

This synth gives me a serious headache.
Anyone had luck getting something snare-ish out of this thing? Feel like sharing?

Return to “Instruments”