What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Rob Papen announces Punch 1.0.2 !

Official support for: robpapen.com

Moderators: Meffy, Concretefx, Rob Papen

KVRAF

3452 posts since 6 Feb, 2003, from UK

Postby Concretefx; Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:58 am

I see, hmm, this is something I need to discuss with Rob.

cheers

Jon
KVRAF

2977 posts since 19 Aug, 2008, from USA-lien In the 8th Dimention

Postby abstractcats; Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:47 am

Just found that the demo has expired. Can I install the new demo or will it not work on a PC that has already run one demo?

KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:24 am

The demo is time limited, so re-installing a demo will not rest this, so it will now generate a noise every 15 seconds.

Cheers

Jon
KVRAF

7035 posts since 16 Oct, 2006

Postby rob_lee; Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:49 am

abstractcats wrote:Just found that the demo has expired. Can I install the new demo or will it not work on a PC that has already run one demo?

Hi mate,

I highly recommend Punch, it really is something else. Will hook up just nice with your Zebra as it does with my Synthmaster 2.5.

Rob
KVRian

768 posts since 3 Sep, 2007

Postby Stomper; Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:01 am

Concretefx wrote:I see, hmm, this is something I need to discuss with Rob.

cheers

Jon

tell him i asked nicely :D

its a must when using waveform samples and not an actual sound sample.
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:49 am

Hi there

So are your using single cycles or very short loops then for generating sounds, that's very interesting.

I suppose you could do good drum emulation by having one-shot transients sounds in sample a and a looped sine (or something similar) in b and mix them, a sort of LA synthesis type set-up. That's an interesting type of things, something I might look into in updates.

About the curve dials, it's a matter of space, there could be space for volume curve knob, but for pitch, there isn't really any space there for a curve knob.

Cheers

Jon
KVRian

Postby Stomper; Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:50 pm

im using a single cycle sine that i sampled from predator.

i basically using three sample pads with the same sine wave. one for the low end, one for the body and in the third i use two samples for the transient with different pitch env to get different timbers.

i can see how it could be a problem in the tuning section. i never saw someone using an attack on the pitch for drums, so i would swap that if it was up to me (or maybe 4 sample pads with attack and 4 sample pads with curve).
than again, maybe i didnt meet the right people :)
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:49 pm

That is very clever, something we might have a look at , having a dedicated LAish type module.

Pitch Attack, unfortunately I can predict that there will be people who use it so it can't be removed, so there just doesn't seem to be space for a pitch curve knob without ruining the layout, but any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers

Jon
KVRian

Postby Stomper; Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:59 am

well, i suggested compromising half sample pads with attack and half with attack.
i just feel i cant get the result i want without that curve on the pitch decay.
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:24 am

Interesting ideas, even so that could effect some people and they would come back to us and complain about why has the attach in the pitch envelope gone.

Hmm, what I could possible do, is to move the stereo swap across, giving some more space there. I'll have to check that.

Cheers

Jon
KVRian

Postby Stomper; Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:34 am

Concretefx wrote:Hmm, what I could possible do, is to move the stereo swap across, giving some more space there. I'll have to check that.

thats possible, though im not sure it wont like a bit off.
maybe if its possible to squeeze the edit sample a/b/combine into a one raw square. that will give plenty of space.

if you write "edit" on top of the square and inside sample a/sample b/link i think it would be possible. their only switches so they dont have to be big (imo of course).

thank you for considering this seriously.

stomper.
KVRAF

4062 posts since 2 Sep, 2005, from city of lights (nl)

Postby core; Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:21 am

Good stuff, haven't seen anything quite like it and I love the way you guys take on user comments/suggestions :tu:
Posted a short review of Punch over at rekkerd http://rekkerd.org/review-rob-papen-pun ... on-plugin/
rekkerd.org - latest news, free samples, audio plugins, patches & sounds and plugins deals
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:44 am

Brilliant, thanks for doing that, that's very good of you.

We hope to get 1.0.2 with external samples folder, 32 bit wav files support, better memory usage, sample envelope decay curves etc, out next week.

Cheers

Jon
KVRAF

2813 posts since 28 Jun, 2009, from Wherever I lay my hat

Postby ariston; Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:50 pm

Well, well, damn it - I knew I couldn't resist it if I played around a bit more. I was a little disappointed at first, because some of the demo sounds were pretty lackluster (especially the ones on the website), and I was wondering what Punch could possible offer that I didn't already have. Once I got into tweaking it a bit more, I was getting some great freaking weirdness, some very evocative and atmospheric sounds out of it.
So, there goes my music money for July - cheers to Punch.

A wish for the future: how about an intelligent ("easy") button that does an automatic round-robin type of modulation, something very subtle, like using pitch and filter envelopes.
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:24 am

Cool (and sorry :) ), if you ever create anything cool and what to share it, just let us know.

Round robin modulation, so it would modulate pitch at value 1, then value 2, then value 3 and then back to value 1 (as an example), hmm interesting idea.

Cheers

Jon
PreviousNext

Moderators: Meffy, Concretefx, Rob Papen

Return to Rob Papen