crysonic what a s*** company

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i would like to inform fellow kver's to be very careful of "Crysonic".

I have their following plugins
1. spectralive v3
2. sindov2, v3
3. phyle limiter

initially i purchased spectralive v3 + sindo v2. later sindo v3 came up and i thought perhaps it would be better than sindo v2, so i took the plunge. Now with sindo V3 i found out that there is no documentation. i asked them for one and they said they where going to provide one in 2 weeks, but it never happened. and that was on 12/12/2009. i reminded them again after my phyle limiter purchase on jan26 2010, but no response.

Also their business tactics are begning to get on my nerves. they sent me a so called special offer on 29th Friday January 2010.
Dear Valued Crysonic customer,

Thank you again for all your support and we like to kickstart this year by offering you an incredible (for a limited time) deal for all our other available audio plug-ins and some important news. Spectralive NXT V3.5 and SINDO V3.5 upgrades are now finally complete featuring many bug fixes, great performance enhancements and new features and this is a Free upgrade for all current license holders. The updates will be available in a couple of days and an e-mail will be sent for the download information.
Then today i get another special offer again!! this makes me feel really special, yeah!!
Hi,

We are extremely excited to anounce the release of Spectralive NXT V3.5 before any public release! Now Faster then ever and with custom user selectable Color themes! together with many other improvements. V3.5 of Spectralive is dramatically faster in every respect from the UI to Rendering the final Audio and Automation. Full custom user presets are now supported with much better mono compatibility and a complete re-write of the underlying processing algorithm to convert mono to stereo. The FFT Display has also been updated to a higher precision display.

New in V3.5 is the ability to Fully customize the user Interface colors! Change the look to any color you wish instantly. Adjust the Hue, Saturation and Brightness and all settings are stored in the preset. You can even have different colors on every instance of Spectralive on any track, see instantly which Spectralive you are tweaking! Such as Red for Vocals, Blue for guitar, Green for the Master Channel etc..

All Current license Holders of V3.0 can upgrade to V3.5 now for only $9.95
, please click the purchase link below to upgrade instantly
So first they tell you that the upgrades will be free and then they take a 180degree turn and say you need to pay for upgrades. This is unacceptable! i am not a lawyer but they can be actually sued for providing wrong information to the customer.

I think everyone has a right to know this and so i am letting everyone here to be more aware of Crysonic's misleading practices.

======================= UPDATE ===================================

Cyrsonic sent me the free download upgrade for v3.5. Simone tells me that the mail was sent wrongly. OK. But since i never got a response from them for any of my earlier queries, posting about this at KVR wasn't a bad judgment.
Last edited by Dr.Synth on Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nice u-turn, lol... tires screeching
Demalkean

um... can i get a thread merge, please. :hihi:

crysonic dishonesty surprises you? one search at kvr would have pre warned you of anything you needed to know about these deceitful liers.

Dr.Synth wrote: 3. phyle limiter
You must mean SpectraPhy LE.
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

Looks like Crysonic are suffering from mismanaged mailing list-itis and you are the target :roll: :lol:

Moving slightly sideways, I bought Crysonic stuff when they first started.

Documentation was poor, and I got the impression that they didn't really want to talk about their stuff, and were content to let me use and discover it.

As a user, I was expected to trial test their different algorithms combinations, appreciate the subtle differences, when all my dizzy little head wanted was a whammy button :)

By the time I bought their NASA Moon Landing EQ strip, I gave up.

Some devs don't enjoy communicating with users, while some love it.

Sylenth guy doesn't care to talk. Kleps at reFX doesn't either.

But Spectrasonics does. And Urs at Uhe does. And you can't stop Wusik Willem :love: :lol:

My experience with uncommunicative devs is that you can rant forever, and they don't much give a shit.

You bought the software - it works - get on with it - ... is their mindset.

... oh, and er ... the mailing list thing was an error ... my pal helps me with my marketing and got the databases mixed up.
Last edited by kevvvvv on Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Demalkean

just to say something, kleps at refx has always been very very communicative with me, i just wanted to throw another alternative situation there......

but yes surely no one at lennard is interested in CR... and judging from the recent spectra threads, some serious problems there too (yet yours is a good experience, which which shows it can be very different for all of us)

Is this becoming a witch hunt / bitch hunt thread?

It's a sort of KVR cathartic enema to pick on some "world's worst person jerk" and call him 7 kinds of shit, til everybody feels better.

Really smart mob behaviour, innit.

Remember Neil in the Young Ones? "Who stole my sausage!"
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

huh was that aimed at me? :?

dunno? was it?

kevvvvv wrote:Is this becoming a witch hunt / bitch hunt thread?
Becoming? :hihi:

fanfarecircuit wrote:um... can i get a thread merge, please. :hihi:
I'd like that function. It's in the feature request list.

Meffy wrote:
fanfarecircuit wrote:um... can i get a thread merge, please. :hihi:
I'd like that function. It's in the feature request list.
How far down? :hihi:

:lol:

Return to “Effects”