Funk/Spectrasonics/Trilian/Jam/Wrythm Guitar?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Um...

It's not my fault. My Mother smoked when she was pregnant with me. OK?
:hihi:

This is a sort of jam band thang I did when I first down loaded Spectrasonic's totally awesome Trilian. I was checking out the round robin feature-which is great for funk-able to avoid the dreaded machine gun effect.

Thoughts if any? I appreciate and need criticism (an objective opinion)-please don't hold back-I can take it.

In case anyone's interested: All instruments (minus the drums= Stylus RMX manipulated) were performed in real time with a Stratocaster (with Roland's GK-3 pickup running through GR-20 synth.

It's Alive!

http://www.opendrive.com/files/6107554_ ... 0Alive.mp3
Last edited by any1particular on Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yes, it's alive!

Love it. Can I have one without guitar solos to jam over?

I'm going to buy some platforms, bell bottoms, and some of those funky glasses right now! :love:

any1particular wrote:Um...

It's not my fault. My Mother smoked when she was pregnant with me. OK?

This is a sort of jam band thang I did when I first down loaded Spectrasonic's Trilion.

Thoughts if any?

It's Ailve

http://www.opendrive.com/files/6107554_ ... 0Alive.mp3
Yo,

I like it!!! Not too much to tweak, except tighten up on the scratch FX, roll off some of the bass on the "It's Alive" vocal snippet (sounds a little muddy).

And in the bass/bridge breakdown in the middle of the track, add just a little more of the solo guitar strums/hits on top. The bass/bridge solo is missing a little something going by itself there in the middle.

It's awesome. Did you do play/record this all via midi keyboard, or did you use some pre-canned midi files, or special controller?

:D
If I had a good quote, I would place it right here!

Always good to hear new stuff from you Chuck! :)
This reminded me of that early 90s smooth jazz style with a lot of hip-hop influence made popular by Ronnie Jordan and flute player Phillip Bent. Yours is probably a jam more than a real song though, but that fits fine with this particular style of music.
Great guitar chops as always 8)

Nice and chill. Mix is not perfect, but good listening.
Lets funk 8)

Not really my cup of tea, but certainly very fun.

Ahoy!
Another great stuff from you, Chuck.
although, I miss your guitar. :D
the panning is good, but maybe you can push it a little forward?
not gonna say much. the tune is great and I need my guitar to start jamming with your music! :D

It's alive!!!

Seriously good stuff. I gotta sell my Mazda and get a '77 New Yorker!

I missed this, now it just looks like I listened to yours 'cos you listened to mine.

you're making me look bad!! :x

I depise your funky talents.

You are a skilled craftsman.

your mixes always sound a bit dirty (apart from your old Sylenth tributes) but it suits the mood.

ultimately, this track cannot be critisized and should be left alone.

I adore it you bastard.

:lol:

I had similar thoughts :hihi:

cool stuff Chuck!

Hey, cool track! 8)
I would prefer the snare (in the first loop) to be a little more prominent and sharp in the mix though, but I'm listening on small computer speakers so perhaps my perception is a bit fooled by this. The second loop (after "Give me some bass") is brighter and more upfront which makes a better groove with the bass imo. Also, you could consider lowering the level of the bass a tad, at least in the first part where it plays with the first drum loop. Or perhaps some equing could do the trick, taming the low-mids a little. I hope you find my comments useful. :)
any1particular wrote: This is a sort of jam band thang I did when I first down loaded Spectrasonic's totally awesome Trilian.
Could you clarify this? I thought that Spectrasonics products are not downloadable.

Funny, that was my first thought.........

Perhaps he downloaded Trilian as an update to his previously bought Trilogy.

Moving on.

Return to “Music Cafe”