unicorn valley

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.xoxos.net/music/unicornvalley.mp3

to be explicit since for new listeners, all sounds are physical modeling synthesis.

this is an old song, if you were on dancetech.com last decade you may remember it. i revived it for a number of purposes, in part the baroque setting seemed suitable for modeling, though i like to draw my own guidelines in composition, and see eg. how much musicality i can get for the least work, leaving notes at median velocity or what have you.

percussion is mass and cymbal vst (the 'mass-springs' set)
shakers are stoq
guitar is pling3
wind is reed5c
voices are fauna
Last edited by xoxos on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRpiURfijtY

my site's down for a day or two, i've uploaded to youtube in the meanwhile.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

you're supposed to listen to this and express profound amazement and synthesis envy.

Some of us are just sulking because we couldn't download it (or your previous one)

OKOK ... Tagged for when I have time :D
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

it's up now :hyper: :p now it's safe to be all amazed and ting.

Sweet job, really love the guitar part sounds really old english this tune

Very pleasant 'pastoral' is the word I think. Quite Mike Oldfield-esque especially with the neighing 'unicorn' in the middle.

I can managed suitably 'amazed' but I don't know about being 'ting' :D
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

it's inspired by some lovely scenery :)

the original lyrics, however were..

"i sent you an email, but you didn't reply
i tried to make contact, by god how i tried
perhaps you've gone shopping, or writing a song
but your c***sucking email is uselessly wrong"

it changes the sense i know, i was a lad.

I like it!
Kind of medieval (sp?) in the first half, moving into downtempo territory in the latter.

Loved "forget" too! possibly the first 'beautiful' tune I've heard from you.

Marco :)

aah, there are some beauties c. robot discotheque, you may have to squint a bit :)

I like it. At first I thought there was a danger of it diving in a sea of randomness, but that didn't last long. It manages to sound both old English and Japanese at the same time. Quite sweet and hypnotic.

I like it :tu:
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

:) i am admittedly pleased to have transduced and to share this imo elegant little tune :)

Return to “Music Cafe”