PERFECT and the perfect remixes EP free release (featuring remixes by some KVR studs)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Finally, this free release is finished and up for grabs.(Jan would be so proud) I asked this forum (and some other places) if anyone wanted to take a stab at a remix/mutilation of my track "Perfect". Got a lot of great submissions.
Original "mall worthy" track:
Perfect - Jazzyspoon

And here's the 320 mp3 remixes in various electronic genres and by some incredibly talented folks for your perusal. :)
ELECTRO MASS remix
TORONTO IS BROKEN remix
DAED remix 1
Mr. Me remix
COAX remix
SKIN CONTACT remix
DAED remix 2
EMERALD TABLET remix
ACAIR remix

Here's the whole CD (320 mp3s) plus artwork/info etc. direct link:
PERFECT and the Perfect remixes EP

and here's the official Last.fm release for the ipholks...
Perfect Last fm release

Thanks for checking them out, if you get time. And to those who submitted remixes, I am in your debt. :)

Listened to the original and enjoyed it, despite the weird stuff, which I'm usually not a fan of... Must be a good sign, thumbs up!

Thanks for checking it out, ronnieflex. That does sound like a good sign, but what makes you think your music isn't full of weird stuff, too? ;) :P

tag!
..what goes around comes around..

ouroboros wrote:tag!
likewise, need some time to give these a proper listen.

steve.

Let me know, guys. :)

Last bump to say I did. :)

Been listening to these a few times over the last few days now, so here goes.

Original - love the klangy fm beeps over the solid bassline and breathy effected vox in the immutable mr spoon style. good contrast with chorus vocal being up front.

electro mass remix - massive elastic bass and dubby drums, clever little breakdowns and xtra samples, one thing i was missing is a part where everything lets go, massive drums breaks etc

toronto is broken remix - rootstatstic, reggae meets dnb, i feel like your just at the edge of where the vocal can be comfortably sped up to. mix is a little cluttered at times but never too much and main synth bassline is cool as feck. breaakdown is very suprising and quite pretty, excellent contrast.

daedt pristine remix - full on rdj type glitch, excellent drumwork. really well executed, love the manipulation of the vox.

mr me devotion mix - probably closest to the original solid dancefloor stomper, excellent pitched extra chorus vox.

coax remix - trip hop stylee, great wall of noise, repitching of the vocal very suprising and yet enitrely effective. gets a little cluttered at times but holds together.

skin contact mix - sounds kind of like jazzy met juno reator and got them high. has a darker feel than the original. really enjoyed the instrumental bridge bit where the 303 is given some growl. part of me would like to hearthis where it built to a massive finale with distoreted geetar and huge drums. nice work though.

daed jazz remix - can barely hear any original in this one, the smallest vocal fragment manipulated heavily, more inspired by than remix excellent work though.

emerald tablet not perfect mix - was hoping et would join in singing a little more in this one, hints at it in the chorus but i would have liked him to go for it as i think your vox style would be very complimentary. nice subtle instrumentation, kind of droney, like a tribal dance with the occasional extra synth line. drums very understated but well programmed and restrained.

acair remix - icy ambient soundscape, excellent percussion, dark and cold, very well produced. vox fragments fit really well.

anyways, cheers guys 8)

steve.

Thanks X10, Steve, for the review. If I only get this one review of it, I am completely satisfied. I am in your debt for taking the time. :)

bump

Enjoyed the synth lines, some are in the circuit bent vain. I like. The fuller pads & bass lines fill it up nicely. The vocals sound good for sure, being completely honest I find it hard get past the autotune/pitch shifts. But you pulled it off well. It's now one of two songs with that process I enjoy..(The other being Bola's Lamb remix) Really nice mix as well J.
I need to grab you for some vocal duties when your available..
"Any experiment of interest in life will be carried out at your own expense." http://rhythminmind.net - http://signaltonoize.com

vieris wrote:Enjoyed the synth lines, some are in the circuit bent vain. I like. The fuller pads & bass lines fill it up nicely. The vocals sound good for sure, being completely honest I find it hard get past the autotune/pitch shifts. But you pulled it off well. It's now one of two songs with that process I enjoy..(The other being Bola's Lamb remix) Really nice mix as well J.
I need to grab you for some vocal duties when your available..
Thanks, V. I would definitely be down for some vocals when my workload eases in May. As for the vocals in this track (autotune), this track is starting to show it's age. :hihi:

mr.me wrote:bump
And sincere thanks for the bump, Mr. Me. :D

Have finally had a chance to listen to half of it this morning. So many fresh takes on the same tune, really works nicely as a concept. Will comment more as i listen to the rest a time or two. Thanks for the free tuneage DJ JazzyJeffSpoonizzle :hihi: :tu:

PS - kinda doing teh same thing with a few kvr-ians on my recent cd, just for fun, if you're interested :) sorry for teh derail :oops:

Return to “Music Cafe”