Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ What is KVR? Submit News Advertise
mumpcake
KVRist

401 posts since 26 Aug, 2004

Postby mumpcake; Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:37 am After Prince, more sad music news

Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
chk071
KVRAF

7319 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:55 am Re: After Prince, more sad music news

Actually, i read in the newspaper yesterday that him and Kim Kardashian plan to have more children. Even more sad music news.
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

18625 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:59 am Re: After Prince, more sad music news

:(
sugo
KVRist

249 posts since 4 Apr, 2014, from Home

Postby sugo; Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:10 am Re: After Prince, more sad music news

Maybe i am a little touchy, or don´t understand the american style of humor. But thats not funny. First it doesn`t keep respect to prince. And second it implies that someone prefer to see kanye west dead. But of course, i know lot of american people seems to like dying for a good thing. At least this is what lot of big hollywood movies told me.
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.
Boardwalk
KVRist

128 posts since 30 Sep, 2015

Postby Boardwalk; Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:17 am Re: After Prince, more sad music news

@sugo

I think you take it too far; it doesn't imply someone wants KW dead. It's just a sick joke. Still it is a joke.
zerocrossing
KVRAF

8353 posts since 26 Jun, 2006, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby zerocrossing; Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:47 am Re: After Prince, more sad music news

sugo wrote:Maybe i am a little touchy, or don´t understand the american style of humor. But thats not funny. First it doesn`t keep respect to prince. And second it implies that someone prefer to see kanye west dead. But of course, i know lot of american people seems to like dying for a good thing. At least this is what lot of big hollywood movies told me.

We got that style from England. "I'm not quite dead..."

It's especially funny because the person being mocked is impervious to self reflection.
Zerocrossing Media
http://www.zerocrossing.net
4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~
Numanoid
KVRAF

17899 posts since 20 Jan, 2008

Postby Numanoid; Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:50 am Re: After Prince, more sad music news

sugo wrote:Maybe i am a little touchy, or don´t understand the american style of humor. But thats not funny. First it doesn`t keep respect to prince. And second it implies that someone prefer to see kanye west dead. But of course

I agree. A rather bad an unfunny joke, this wouldn't even fly in HPC :neutral:

zerocrossing wrote:It's especially funny because the person being mocked is impervious to self reflection.

KVR is like a laughing gallery then, because more or less all of us users at KVR suffer from that too :shrug:
The smart futurist looks to the past for all the answers
maschinelf
KVRist

471 posts since 3 Sep, 2011

Postby maschinelf; Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:59 am Re: After Prince, more sad music news

I found it kinda funny. Though I do agree it's offensive to Prince. KW's name should not be mentioned on the same page, let alone the same post, as him. I don't want KW dead, but I do wish he could be wiped from all existence and memory, as if he never existed.
sugo
KVRist

249 posts since 4 Apr, 2014, from Home

Postby sugo; Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:21 am Re: After Prince, more sad music news

maschinelf wrote:...but I do wish he could be wiped from all existence and memory, as if he never existed.

Funny is, that he never has been and will be existent in the very majority of human memory. So wipe him away, only a few will notice this, anyway. Maybe it helps 8)
Last edited by sugo on Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.
chk071
KVRAF

7319 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:21 am Re: After Prince, more sad music news

Tbh, with all those clowns in the pop music industry, one Kanye West doesn't hurt much anyway. Still, i find this kind of running gag after the thing with Serum and the pirate bay pretty funny. :D And no, i don't want to see anyone dead. But i don't think the OP wants that either, it's simply exaggerated. I can laugh about jew jokes, or jokes about black people too. You don't immediately have to see racism, or supression of ethnic minorities behind it. Actually the opposite, it's a conscious game with people's prejudices, or with the political mainstream. Sometimes stuff like that is really enlightening, especially when there's too much hard-butted seriousness going on usually.
Boardwalk
KVRist

128 posts since 30 Sep, 2015

Postby Boardwalk; Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:25 am Re: After Prince, more sad music news

"KVR is like a laughing gallery then, because more or less all of us users at KVR suffer from that too."

@Numanoid

Ah you are a doctor... right? :hihi:
Numanoid
KVRAF

17899 posts since 20 Jan, 2008

Postby Numanoid; Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:29 am Re: After Prince, more sad music news

Boardwalk wrote:"KVR is like a laughing gallery then, because more or less all of us users at KVR suffer from that too."

@Numanoid

Ah you are a doctor... right? :hihi:

No I am probably among the users least impervious to self reflection here.

But I usually don't start a new thread just because I find something I find funny to share, I post that in the "what made you laugh today" thread in Off Topic
The smart futurist looks to the past for all the answers
maschinelf
KVRist

471 posts since 3 Sep, 2011

Postby maschinelf; Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:44 am Re: After Prince, more sad music news

sugo wrote:Funny is, that he never has been and will be existent in the very majority of human memory. So wipe him away, only a few will notice this, anyway. Maybe it helps 8)

True, though I'm guessing Team Air values him immensely as a mascot :hihi:
stanlea
KVRAF

4754 posts since 11 Feb, 2005, from Bordeaux France

Postby stanlea; Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:26 am Re: After Prince, more sad music news

who is kanye west ?
You can't always get what you waaaant...
V0RT3X
KVRAF

6011 posts since 3 Jul, 2012, from Canada

Postby V0RT3X; Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:53 am Re: After Prince, more sad music news

chk071 wrote: I can laugh about jew jokes, or jokes about black people too. You don't immediately have to see racism, or supression of ethnic minorities behind it. Actually the opposite, it's a conscious game with people's prejudices, or with the political mainstream. Sometimes stuff like that is really enlightening, especially when there's too much hard-butted seriousness going on usually.

I've always found it ..unsettling that many people choose to make jokes about social issues than actually try to make a difference. I guess it's easier to laugh about it and make it seem like less of an issues than it actually is. Then again i also notice that many people who choose this have never experienced the many histories of those they playfully mock.

It's unfortunate that a lingering, twisted narrative still exists in this post-colonial world. Its even more unfortunate that many behind it are in a position of privelege.

Some people might never even realize how the other people live, because they have never had to live in a ghetto, or they have never felt the sting of racism as a minority.

I would like to see a world where all people regardless of race or social status are treated equally.

Jokes are great, but they should never be at the expense of others.

Just my 2c
:borg:
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Everything Else (Music related)