Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ What is KVR? Submit News Advertise
joshbaggett396
KVRer

7 posts since 16 May, 2016

Postby joshbaggett396; Mon May 16, 2016 8:54 pm Fruity Loops Rendering Final Recording Problem Please Read

Ok, so I don't have the newest version of fruityloops, I'm pretty certain I have version 10.something. I have my song mixed with the right sound levels on each instrument/channel, and have had it mixed correctly since day 1 of making it. When I render the song as the audio recording, it comes out sounding very messed up. The bell instrument overrides in volume exceedingly when I press play after adding the song file to itunes. Then the song still sounds messed up; muted, lowered volume in the rest of the song/instruments, and the bell instrument overrides the volume of everything else whenever it comes back in, after which the volume is lowered/suppressed. Please understand I am an extremely meticulous person and I have tried many things for this issue; I've been very thorough in my efforts to fix it. I've come to think that this is just messed up and the error is with the program; an error for no damn reason. Please help me FL Studio experts!
joshbaggett396
KVRer

Postby joshbaggett396; Tue May 17, 2016 3:02 am Re: Fruity Loops Rendering Final Recording Problem Please Read

I can go down a list of all the things I've tried, but that would take quite a few sentences or even multiple paragraphs. The issue is NOT clipping. The aforementioned bell instrument does not clip! If it was clipping, it would raise the audio bar to an orange level near the top which is Never reached (not even close) when the song is played/during playback.

It makes no sense for the bell instrument to overpower and for the render to turn out this way every time because all the volume levels are specifically set and that instrument is specifically set to go from 10 to 19 and never any higher! If it never sounds this way during playback, then why should this happen?! It drives me nuts.
ATN69
KVRist

485 posts since 5 Oct, 2015, from Swedish / Living in Hong Kong

Postby ATN69; Tue May 17, 2016 3:56 am Re: Fruity Loops Rendering Final Recording Problem Please Read

Recently I had to deal with a similar issue. I have FL12. Turned out that when I render the file (wav or mp3 didnt matter) the sound was over all much lower (maybe 6 to 9dB lower) and it sounded different when I listened in Windows Media player. The strange thing is that when I compared to a commercial mp3 track, my rendered song was both lower and sounded much different. One guy here told me to check Windows Media Player, and any possible enhancements there. The solution for me was when I found Windows Media Player EQ, boost, etc, and turned it all off. All of a sudden my rendered track sounded like it did in FL. And the commercial mp3 track did not sound that much different (which is strange).

So if I was you I would start by checking the player you are using for listening to your rendered track.
Win 7 -64bit, CPU i7, 8Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 12
lobanov
KVRist

178 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Postby lobanov; Tue May 17, 2016 2:47 pm Re: Fruity Loops Rendering Final Recording Problem Please Read

As I see the main problem is a track with a bell sound. Try to render this track separetely, then load it in your project, disable the plugin that produces this sound and try to render your whole project again.
Also it makes sense to render your project without this bell sound. Does sound of your song still stay "messed up"?

Do you render your project at the same samplerate AND bit-depth as you play back it? Some (old) plugins don't work well at higher frequencies/bit-depths (44.1 kHz/16 bit only). Or they can sound different. It's not a bug, it's a techical limitation of such plugins. Lowered volume of the rest of sounds can be produced by a compressor or limiter on the master track of your project. The bell instrument sounds too loud, the compressor compresses all track and every sound more and more...
If so I'd recommend you to replace your bell instrument. It's a first advice.
joshbaggett396
KVRer

Postby joshbaggett396; Tue May 17, 2016 6:07 pm Re: Fruity Loops Rendering Final Recording Problem Please Read

ATN thanks the insight, unfortunately that didn't work when I disabled the Windows Media Player enhancements or with itunes.

lobanov, I will try rendering it without the bell and post again about what happened.

I'm rendering at 44.1 KHz and 16 bit and I'm playing back at whatever the standard frequency and bit depth is which I assume is the same.

I DO have Fruity Limiter on the master track. It's been there for a long time. I will try taking that off. On a side note about that, my Fruity Limiter on my project flows with the waves which are to show off the plugin but serve no purpose, as opposed to the music's actual sound waves, and no matter what I click I can't seem to make it correct, so it is not even in its right capacity (a bizarre bug, because when FL crashed I was then able to fix it with ease by clicking it in a certain place).
lobanov
KVRist

178 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Postby lobanov; Tue May 17, 2016 9:01 pm Re: Fruity Loops Rendering Final Recording Problem Please Read

The limiter itself cannot produce such problem.
Did you try to render other projects? The same problem persists?
joshbaggett396
KVRer

Postby joshbaggett396; Tue May 24, 2016 4:30 pm Re: Fruity Loops Rendering Final Recording Problem Please Read

I rendered it without the bell and it sounded the way it is supposed to sound. This is a stupefying problem. The synthesizer responds/registers its fade in (volume) which is written/programmed into the track's composition - however the bell instrument doesn't at all and stays the same overly loud volume the whole time in the render. The bell instrument isn't programmed to fade in from nothing/zero volume but it is programmed to start at 10 volume for two bars after which it fades in to 19 volume. It doesn't register the sound dynamics and levels at all and the instrument seems to just override those specifications somehow. I've tried almost everything and tried several more things since I last posted, making sure there were no sound effect plugins causing the problem - effects had been enabled on the bell instrument as one of the only instruments with effects enabled, but it still came out the same. No matter what I do, the bell always comes out at an overriding loud volume and stays the same volume for the song's duration.
joshbaggett396
KVRer

Postby joshbaggett396; Tue May 24, 2016 4:33 pm Re: Fruity Loops Rendering Final Recording Problem Please Read

The synthesizer (other instrument in the track) I mean
an-electric-heart
KVRian

1295 posts since 13 Jun, 2008, from Napier,New Zealand

Postby an-electric-heart; Tue May 24, 2016 4:41 pm Re: Fruity Loops Rendering Final Recording Problem Please Read

Why don't you have the latest version?
joshbaggett396
KVRer

Postby joshbaggett396; Tue May 24, 2016 4:53 pm Re: Fruity Loops Rendering Final Recording Problem Please Read

Because I have my version, and that would be a little too pricey for me and my family.
joshbaggett396
KVRer

Postby joshbaggett396; Tue May 24, 2016 5:08 pm Re: Fruity Loops Rendering Final Recording Problem Please Read

I was just thinking perhaps it may be something about note velocity which "sampler" channels apparently respond to - but I still don't think that would explain why the instrument will not register the volume dynamic specifications.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Everything Else (Music related)