Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

3D Earphones

liquidsound
KVRAF

2711 posts since 30 May, 2006, from US / Italy

Postby liquidsound; Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:26 pm 3D Earphones

Expensive but is there any equivalent or is it useful for mixing purposes? :phones:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ossi ... e26a398f#/
MuLab & MUX, ZebraHZ-Bazille-ACE-Diva-Diversion-Spire-Dune2-Xils4-Aalto-Imposcar2-Serum-Synthmaster-Alchemy-Surge-Twin2
BertKoor
KVRAF

9270 posts since 8 Mar, 2005, from Utrecht, Holland

Postby BertKoor; Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:44 am Re: 3D Earphones

liquidsound wrote: is it useful for mixing purposes? :phones:
Well, how deep are you into 5.1 mixing?

Hard to say what portion of their claims is just propaganda. But I think it's safe to say 99.9% of all music & movie material fed to those phones is produced without any knowledge or anticipation for this particular product.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is back online!!
liquidsound
KVRAF

Postby liquidsound; Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:02 pm Re: 3D Earphones

BertKoor wrote:
liquidsound wrote: is it useful for mixing purposes? :phones:
Well, how deep are you into 5.1 mixing?

:dog: You're right. None!
MuLab & MUX, ZebraHZ-Bazille-ACE-Diva-Diversion-Spire-Dune2-Xils4-Aalto-Imposcar2-Serum-Synthmaster-Alchemy-Surge-Twin2
xoxos
Mr Entertainment

11354 posts since 29 Apr, 2002, from i might peeramid

Postby xoxos; Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:26 pm Re: 3D Earphones

liquidsound wrote:Expensive but is there any equivalent or is it useful for mixing purposes? :phones:

i figure *delusion* may be as effective :)

i've written quite a jolly lot of posts on kvr, but it doesn't seem to help much, does it.

okay. from the top:

a thing, right,

and something else that is not the thing,

they, right, are *two different things*

in truth!

even if someone says, even if it's *a lot of pricetag doing the talking* try to remember that simple thing!

do i need to demonstrate this for you with (real)dolls??

think about how lovely life would be if everything were up front and honest. no, headphones do what headphones do :) they were invented, to be headphones! they're jolly different from speakers, right! :)

out team of experts have thoughtfully bundled this product with its own mime troupe to pantomime the feeling of mixing with speakers while you wear them. comfortable, eh.

interpetive dance update now available for preorder.

stop making attractive liars rich you stupid bags.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha xoxos.net free vst. neither a follower nor a leader be
tagore "where roads are made i lose my way"
where there is certainty, consideration is absent.
liquidsound
KVRAF

Postby liquidsound; Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:13 pm Re: 3D Earphones

I do remember though, somethings I listen more then 15 years ago, not sure but could be even earlier than that, a cassette tape with some sounds recorded in a 3D fashion that was able to recreate or "bring about" sensation or perceptions of things present at the moment of recordings.
For example there was a recording of a thunderstorms and you could smell the rain and another one on a chanting in a monastery and you could smell the incense.
I was not alone in experiencing such but several of my friends and coworkers as well without telling them anything sbout the intention of the recording.

He used a technique that was accessing holographic data.

I think it was called holographic recording or similar.
The only thing I remember is that the scientist that created those recording was from Argentina (not 100% sure).
I could try to locate the tape in my forgotten storage or do some research if anyone is interested.
It never failed with any listener in producing the expected result. Someone would pick up other thing beside the usual more intense sensations.

Of course, I don't think those earphones are doing this.
BertKoor
KVRAF

Postby BertKoor; Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:03 am Re: 3D Earphones

I do remember though, in an old thread about 3D sound and headphones, that what is structurally missing is that moving your head influences what/how you hear. At least this product has a sensor for that to adjust. It's probably a step forward in that regard. But I fully agree with xoxos: these are headphones and not a replacement for the monitoring room of Abbey Road.
Codestation
KVRian

1207 posts since 30 Dec, 2004, from betwixt

Postby Codestation; Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:16 am Re: 3D Earphones

xoxos wrote:stupid bags.

Sometimes... sometimes I play with my own stupid bags... :lol:
xoxos
Mr Entertainment

11354 posts since 29 Apr, 2002, from i might peeramid

Postby xoxos; Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:18 pm Re: 3D Earphones

i'm quite passionate about appropriating any discussion to emphasise what i feel is of great concern :p , sometimes a bit of extra "verbage" gives ppl a reason to involve the topic in their wonderful calibre of thoughts. "don't understand fourier transforms? now you can play too!" the imprecations are the holographic data in the post :p

could be simple suggestion, it's awfully strong, especially since culture is so involved with enriching the multimedia experience. brave new world :p it would be difficult to rationalise to some persons that the data included more than sound but they're generally far too certain about things to be much use anyway. seem to see a fair amount of technology that crosses into magical/"spiritual" matters from south america. "we're only interconnecting via the 14th chakra". doesn't always have pleasant applications, and *ime* even given a discrete, objective causality for such an event, i'd say, your expectations will have a lot to do with the nature of your experience. i'm just dealing with "consumerism in the music industry" above, the proliferation of "magicians" in it is a whole nuther indefensible topic :p
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha xoxos.net free vst. neither a follower nor a leader be
tagore "where roads are made i lose my way"
where there is certainty, consideration is absent.
liquidsound
KVRAF

Postby liquidsound; Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:45 am Re: 3D Earphones

xoxos wrote:i'm quite passionate about appropriating any discussion to emphasise what i feel is of great concern :p , sometimes a bit of extra "verbage" gives ppl a reason to involve the topic in their wonderful calibre of thoughts. "don't understand fourier transforms? now you can play too!" the imprecations are the holographic data in the post :p

could be simple suggestion, it's awfully strong, especially since culture is so involved with enriching the multimedia experience. brave new world :p it would be difficult to rationalise to some persons that the data included more than sound but they're generally far too certain about things to be much use anyway. seem to see a fair amount of technology that crosses into magical/"spiritual" matters from south america. "we're only interconnecting via the 14th chakra". doesn't always have pleasant applications, and *ime* even given a discrete, objective causality for such an event, i'd say, your expectations will have a lot to do with the nature of your experience. i'm just dealing with "consumerism in the music industry" above, the proliferation of "magicians" in it is a whole nuther indefensible topic :p

No magic was reported here. That's ptobably a shadow in you subconscious mind.
No South American Castanadian experience. The name of the presumption shaman was Hugo Zuccarelli. You can now resume your witch-hunt.
BertKoor
KVRAF

Postby BertKoor; Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:18 am Re: 3D Earphones

liquidsound wrote:I think it was called holographic recording or similar.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holophonics ??
liquidsound
KVRAF

Postby liquidsound; Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:15 am Re: 3D Earphones

BertKoor wrote:
liquidsound wrote:I think it was called holographic recording or similar.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holophonics ??

That's the one.
Mine was, of course, on a cassette tape. I'm sure I still have it somewhere.
I'm not sure it is legally OK to upload here if I find it.
Very interesting experience to listen to it.
BertKoor
KVRAF

Postby BertKoor; Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:40 am Re: 3D Earphones

liquidsound wrote:I'm not sure it is legally OK to upload here if I find it.
No need to upload it, it's already on youtube etc.
Here, let me google that for you :-P
liquidsound
KVRAF

Postby liquidsound; Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:37 am Re: 3D Earphones

BertKoor wrote:
liquidsound wrote:I'm not sure it is legally OK to upload here if I find it.
No need to upload it, it's already on youtube etc.
Here, let me google that for you :-P

That Google thing should be used for the elections!
I didn't remember that sound sample. Only the rain storm and the chanting.
BTW, I still need to find that tape. The problem is.... I don't have a Tape Player! :cry:
TheoM
KVRAF

23289 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:51 pm Re: 3D Earphones

xoxos wrote:i'm quite passionate about appropriating any discussion to emphasise what i feel is of great concern :p , sometimes a bit of extra "verbage" gives ppl a reason to involve the topic in their wonderful calibre of thoughts. "don't understand fourier transforms? now you can play too!" the imprecations are the holographic data in the post :p

can you do the forum a favour since you are immune to any sort of moderation and can get away with absolutely anything ?(u must have a deal with the two main mods and/or Ben). Can you at least stop abusing your seemingly unlimited kvr power, and ask to have your admin status removed so mere mortals like me can mute you, instead of you ruining almost every topic I am interested in lately? It's so hard to get through all the rubbish, it's much easier to just avoid the topic. It's becoming tiresome, as you are singlehandedly ruining KVR.
Whenever I launch Pro Tools, I get wet®
BertKoor
KVRAF

Postby BertKoor; Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:47 am Re: 3D Earphones

@Theo: this is what PM is invented for.

And for your information: xoxos has unrevocable admin privileges because of his own product line subforum.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hardware (Instruments and Effects)