Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
db3
KVRAF

1594 posts since 22 Aug, 2012

Postby db3; Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:55 am Virus TI & Maschine (& USB hubs)...talk to me.

My synths are currently 100% software on Mac, but I've always fancied getting a Snow and using it in TI mode over USB with Maschine. Access don't list Maschine as a supported platform, but from what I can see online, it does work...although I read somewhere that it couldn't be used multitimbral. My main concern is how solid the setup is, and whether USB audio introduces latency.

Anyone got any experience of this?
Last edited by db3 on Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
-dthree-
chk071
Suspended

Postby chk071; Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:59 am Re: Virus TI & Maschine...talk to me.

db3 wrote:I've always fancied getting a Snow and using it in TI mode over USB with Maschine.

What's the Ti mode?
db3
KVRAF

Postby db3; Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:10 pm Re: Virus TI & Maschine...talk to me.

I just mean using it with Total Integration plugin rather than standalone.
-dthree-
MFXxx
KVRAF

2714 posts since 27 Mar, 2010, from UK

Postby MFXxx; Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:49 pm Re: Virus TI & Maschine...talk to me.

I'm Win based but shouldn;t make a difference.

I use the TI in TI Mode with Maschine, only drawback is Maschine does not support multi-out so you will only be able to playback and record 1 audio channel at a time. So if you use two patches or more in access with Maschine, it will all go through a single channel of the mixer. Hop this makes sense.

Solution is to bounce down the midi part from the virus but not ideal, I know.

Anything else I can help with , ask.

Have fun.

Addum hoping Maschine 3 is going to support multi instrument out and audio bounce/in :)
Last edited by MFXxx on Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImagePlug 1
chk071
Suspended

Postby chk071; Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:55 pm Re: Virus TI & Maschine...talk to me.

db3 wrote:I just mean using it with Total Integration plugin rather than standalone.

Ah, i see. Thought it had to do with multitimbrality or so.
db3
KVRAF

Postby db3; Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:06 pm Re: Virus TI & Maschine...talk to me.

Thanks for the info MFXxx, great to hear it works :tu:

Perhaps I mis-read multi-channel for multi-timbral...bouncing is always an option. One thing that I've spotted more than once in a few forums (posts from some time ago) was some issue with sync. Any idea in what context that would be?
-dthree-
MFXxx
KVRAF

2714 posts since 27 Mar, 2010, from UK

Postby MFXxx; Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:22 pm Re: Virus TI & Maschine...talk to me.

Likely to be the sync to Arp and quite often the GUI would shoot up with restart host.
TBH I dont use it a great deal in Maschine as I tend to bounce my humble projects into Cubase and then expand TI intregration for multi channel.

Multitimbral is not an issue, reading between the lines I think you know that.

I spoke to Access support a while back regarding the sync issues and the recommended using the vst3 version which historically they had advised against. However Maschine doesn't host vst3 only 2. VST3 has certainly reduced the sync issues for me personally but as I say, I don't really push my setup to the limits with Virus and Maschine :)
ImagePlug 1
db3
KVRAF

Postby db3; Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:41 pm Re: Virus TI & Maschine...talk to me.

Thanks really useful info; sounds promising for my needs. Will certainly be doing some more research and will speak to Access before taking the plunge.
-dthree-
l0ader
KVRer

5 posts since 21 Aug, 2006

Postby l0ader; Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:14 am Re: Virus TI & Maschine...talk to me.

I dreamed about the same setup (Maschine + Virus TI Desktop in my case). But i faced with sync and delay issues (looks like Maschine doesn't have Automatic Plugin Delay Compensation). So i ended with Maschine and Virus TI are both hosted by Ableton Live as separate instruments. Works perfect for me. I'm on Windows 7 x64.

BTW Maschine DOES support multi-out instruments.
zvenx
KVRAF

5753 posts since 16 Feb, 2005, from Kingston, Jamaica

Postby zvenx; Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:32 am Re: Virus TI & Maschine...talk to me.

MFXxx wrote:I'm Win based but shouldn;t make a difference.

I use the TI in TI Mode with Maschine, only drawback is Maschine does not support multi-out so you will only be able to playback and record 1 audio channel at a time. So if you use two patches or more in access with Maschine, it will all go through a single channel of the mixer. Hop this makes sense.

Solution is to bounce down the midi part from the virus but not ideal, I know.

Anything else I can help with , ask.

Have fun.

Addum hoping Maschine 3 is going to support multi instrument out and audio bounce/in :)

Hi at least in standalone mode maschine 2 does support multi instrument outs....its a bit cumbersome but I do believe it works, I suspect it would work in plugin mode too.
let me find a tutorial for you. Unless I am misunderstanding what you mean.

edit: I can't seem to find a video tutorial but in my manual Maschine Mk1 it is in section 6.3.5

6.3.5 Multiple-Output Plug-ins and Multitimbral Plug-ins

and maybe try here:
https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... st-1230897
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
zvenx
KVRAF

Postby zvenx; Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:40 am Re: Virus TI & Maschine...talk to me.

l0ader wrote:I dreamed about the same setup (Maschine + Virus TI Desktop in my case). But i faced with sync and delay issues (looks like Maschine doesn't have Automatic Plugin Delay Compensation). So i ended with Maschine and Virus TI are both hosted by Ableton Live as separate instruments. Works perfect for me. I'm on Windows 7 x64.

BTW Maschine DOES support multi-out instruments.

Ahh you beat me to it. sorry didn't see your post.
rsp
db3
KVRAF

Postby db3; Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:56 am Re: Virus TI & Maschine...talk to me.

l0ader wrote:I dreamed about the same setup (Maschine + Virus TI Desktop in my case). But i faced with sync and delay issues

Certainly heard of people having issues with sync but not latency. That's a little concerning....wonder whether that's more host dependant (win/mac, OS version, USB bandwidth etc).
-dthree-
db3
KVRAF

Postby db3; Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:43 pm Re: Virus TI & Maschine...talk to me.

Well I finally got my Snow. Sounds delicious.

First couple of hours were driving me mad though, because USB audio would randomly corrupt...to the extent I was having to restart everything. I eventually realised it was Mac Time Machine running on external hard drive. As soon as I switched off Time Machine USB audio was rock solid.

I also managed to get virus multitimbral working on Maschine distributed over 3 seperate stereo USB audio channels. i.e. 3 Virus parts with their own mixer channel/fx etc. Thanks for the link zvenx, it pointed me in the right direction. :tu:
-dthree-
recursive one
KVRAF

3048 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Postby recursive one; Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:44 am Re: Virus TI & Maschine...talk to me.

db3 wrote:Well I finally got my Snow.

Congrats and welcome to the club! :wink: :party:
I hate incomplete sentences because they ...
zvenx
KVRAF

Postby zvenx; Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:58 am Re: Virus TI & Maschine...talk to me.

db3 wrote:Well I finally got my Snow. Sounds delicious.

First couple of hours were driving me mad though, because USB audio would randomly corrupt...to the extent I was having to restart everything. I eventually realised it was Mac Time Machine running on external hard drive. As soon as I switched off Time Machine USB audio was rock solid.

I also managed to get virus multitimbral working on Maschine distributed over 3 seperate stereo USB audio channels. i.e. 3 Virus parts with their own mixer channel/fx etc. Thanks for the link zvenx, it pointed me in the right direction. :tu:

Most welcome.
Glad you got it working.
rsp
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hardware (Instruments and Effects)