What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Is there a way to reload factory sounds to a synth without a DAW that supports SysEx

Anything about hardware musical instruments.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Mr.Stitch
KVRer

7 posts since 4 May, 2014, from Pittsburgh PA 412

Postby Mr.Stitch; Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:52 am Is there a way to reload factory sounds to a synth without a DAW that supports SysEx

Good morning all,

I'm just getting into using hardware in my productions so this is all new to me... please excuse if this has been asked before.

Is there a way to load the factory sounds into a synth without a DAW that supports SysEx?

Thank you in advance for your time,

B
Music Is The Answer

Out now on Stem & Leaf Music... STEM026 Mr. Stitch - A Late Night In Pittsburgh featuring remixes from EdgePlay and Jay Tripwire... available at beatport, amazon, itunes, and more.
ImNotDedYet
KVRist

317 posts since 19 Mar, 2014, from Denver, CO

Postby ImNotDedYet; Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:21 am Re: Is there a way to reload factory sounds to a synth without a DAW that supports SysEx

Is there a computer or iOS editor for the synth? If so, usually those can send the sysex messages for you.

Additionally, something like the BCR2000 can do so as well, so some MIDI controllers may be able to do the trick for you - provided again that you have some kind of way to copy the sysex from your computer to the controller, or an Editor-like program to communicate from PC to controller.
Mr.Stitch
KVRer

Postby Mr.Stitch; Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:02 am Re: Is there a way to reload factory sounds to a synth without a DAW that supports SysEx

Not that I know of... it's a Waldorf micro Q (rack). I'm currently using Ableton Live 9/Reason 8 as my DAW's and don't have a good midi controller as of yet. Any other ideas? Thank you in advance for your help ImNotDedYet.
Music Is The Answer

Out now on Stem & Leaf Music... STEM026 Mr. Stitch - A Late Night In Pittsburgh featuring remixes from EdgePlay and Jay Tripwire... available at beatport, amazon, itunes, and more.
pocvecem
KVRist

319 posts since 24 Oct, 2007, from the bavarian badlands

Postby pocvecem; Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:13 am Re: Is there a way to reload factory sounds to a synth without a DAW that supports SysEx

Hi!
If you have a Windows os you can use Midi Ox:
http://www.midiox.com/

You still can download MicroQ factory sounds from Waldorf. More soundfood can be found here:
http://synth.stromeko.net/Downloads.html

I use Emagic SoundDiver for all my old hardware synths.

Hope that helps,
Gerald
EAT - SLEEP - SYNTH
http://soundcloud.com/pocvecem
Mr.Stitch
KVRer

Postby Mr.Stitch; Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:54 am Re: Is there a way to reload factory sounds to a synth without a DAW that supports SysEx

Gerald... Thank you much for the suggestion sir! I will definitely be giving midi ox a try when I get home from work.

Respect,

Burke
Music Is The Answer

Aural Chaos
KVRian

1076 posts since 31 Oct, 2002, from the high desert

Postby Aural Chaos; Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:31 am Re: Is there a way to reload factory sounds to a synth without a DAW that supports SysEx

Elektron's C6 is another, free download on their site.
Mr.Stitch
KVRer

Postby Mr.Stitch; Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:09 pm Re: Is there a way to reload factory sounds to a synth without a DAW that supports SysEx

Aural Chaos... thank you! I'll check that out as well.
Music Is The Answer

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hardware (Instruments and Effects)