What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Seagate personal cloud?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

aMUSEd
KVRAF

21703 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:41 pm Seagate personal cloud?

Anyone using one of these? How do you setup remote access? The user manual is useless and so is the online video.
K-Bee
KVRAF

1605 posts since 9 Mar, 2009, from Copenhagen, Denmark

Postby K-Bee; Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:07 am Re: Seagate personal cloud?

Not quite the same, but I have a Seagate NAS with a "remote access" option I can't get to work either. according to it, the NAS is offline. It's clearly not! :hihi:
I really like Seagates products. I've had both a NAS, an external HD and a bunch of USB sticks. Very reliable stuff but it looks like they got both the cloud service and the remote access service wrong :roll:
aMUSEd
KVRAF

Postby aMUSEd; Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:11 am Re: Seagate personal cloud?

It's fine locally, so I can stream stuff to my Hifi, PS3 and iPad, which is partly what I wanted, but I also wanted to be able to access documents from work and dispense with the need for my Dropbox account.

What is worrying is I phoned their support and the guy didn't have a clue, kept having to go and look at the manual (which is misleading in the first place).
aMUSEd
KVRAF

Postby aMUSEd; Fri May 01, 2015 10:06 am Re: Seagate personal cloud?

I worked out why I couldn't connect remotely, turns out that while the setup process itself was fine about me using spaces in my password (I prefer to use multiword passwords which are more secure) the iPad app is not, so it wasn't accepting my password even though it was correct.

So glad I didn't follow their dumb tech support advice (which was to reset the hard drive, after having spent several hours setting the damn thing up and uploading backup data I wasn't going to do that in a hurry)
GhostPlayer
KVRer

4 posts since 4 May, 2015

Postby GhostPlayer; Tue May 05, 2015 12:10 am Re: Seagate personal cloud?

Very cool to know. Is it possible to post a link on the specific product?

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hardware (Instruments and Effects)