Himalaya: Antiquity for DCAM Synth Squad

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow... just outstanding demos... really dig he Fuzor stuff. That set sounds so good I may have to pick up D-CAM just to get 'em.

zvenx wrote:I guess it has been a productive time for you ;) ;).....
You can say that again ! :lol: :wink:
I work out of home too and man it is the greatest...hopefully the garden shed suits your needs after you fix it up. And congrats when it happens..
rsp
It is great working from home, but it has its drawbacks too. I think once I get the shed sorted out, I will be able to close myself in there, and get a few beers* while I'm working, and my missus won't be able to complain ! :lol:

(* is that legal in ones shed during working ours? :D )
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

himalaya wrote:Thank you everyone for the positive feedback. It's very appreciated. :)
Lotuzia wrote:
Lets be brutally honnest : These Audio Demos made me change my mind about Dcam :)
Cheers Laurent. :) So... we will be seeing a DCAM sound bank from you in near future as well. Won't we ?! :D Having worked with ACE recently you will fly through Synth Squad.
Mouarf no Raphael, except if Angus finds out he really needs me for some factory stuff of course uhuhuh :)

It's ok to be aware that sometimes you're too late at the fiesta :)

I could have shown some interest for an FM centered soundset, as I made a lot of FM patches here and there, but as you mentioned your interest for this one too, I'll let you work in peace, quietness, ........... BABIES :) :) :) and .... inspiration :wink:

All the best for your Dcam soundsets my friend, and for your expanded family :)

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Blackbelt Jones wrote:Wow... just outstanding demos... really dig he Fuzor stuff. That set sounds so good I may have to pick up D-CAM just to get 'em.
Thank you! The Fusor presets do give that extra shine, the reverb itself is so lush (edit: Breverb). The idea behind the Fusor presets was just to offer ready to go presets with effect sends to the most common used effects for any given sound category. However, some presets will be transformed in more drastic ways thanks to the Filter Mod and the Format filter effects.
The Filter Mod is just heavenly on funky Clav sounds, especially when it is possible have a balance between the dry and wet signals.

The Formant filter is a special case. There are Macros which work in tandem, ie: first you switch the Macro labeled ON/OFF and then sweep the filter frequency for some cool resonant sounds. In addition, some other presets have this arrangement expanded with the second filter option which switches a notch filter on, which adds another layer of sonic mayhem if combined with that frequency sweep. Perhaps this sounds a bit unclear, so if in doubt just wiggle those knobs. :D

By the way, here is a tip in case some users are not sure which to choose, Cypher or 'Fusorised' Cypher for preset browsing:
1. Use Cypher if you are certain about what 3rd party effects you want to use, or if you simply prefer dry sounds.

2. Load Fusor if you would rather audition presets with effects, ready to rock. Too much reverb ? Simply reduce the Reverb Mix Macro..etc.

:)
Last edited by himalaya on Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ah Rafael, Overloud.... it says so all the time BREVERB :-)
you sure you did the programming yourself and not some elves in the 'garden shed'?
rsp
sound sculptist

to be honest I still find fusor way too cpu intensive.....if I added some of the soundtoys effect to the cypher patch and either some UAD reverb or ironically the breverb plugin etc I find better cpu usage than using fusor with the effects.....

rsp

zvenx wrote:Ah Rafael, Overloud.... it says so all the time BREVERB :-)
you sure you did the programming yourself and not some elves in the 'garden shed'?
rsp
Oops! :oops: Breverb it is ! I'll have to 'ave a word with them elves for messing wit me head. :hihi:

Lotuzia wrote: It's ok to be aware that sometimes you're too late at the fiesta :)
You know that's what I have always felt about myself. I have missed the Zebra boat entirely, for example. *cry*
All the best for your Dcam soundsets my friend, and for your expanded family :)
Thank you. :)

from a user perspective I disagree....of course I have no sales figures to back it up.
I think my favourite Zebra 2 bank is Big Tone (yes the same BigTone that i constantly disagree with on kvr :-)) and how late did he come into the game?
I think it is only now within the last six months over a year since release that Alchemy is getting presets that at least I appreciate (for whatever that counts). Same with the above topic....I think Himalaya is so differnt from what is already there for DCAM and his is only one bank. I think it is not too late for other developers to join in..... but like I said I dont have sales figures to back up my thoughts :-)
rsp
sound sculptist

himalaya wrote:
zvenx wrote:I guess it has been a productive time for you ;) ;).....
You can say that again ! :lol: :wink:
I work out of home too and man it is the greatest...hopefully the garden shed suits your needs after you fix it up. And congrats when it happens..
rsp
It is great working from home, but it has its drawbacks too. I think once I get the shed sorted out, I will be able to close myself in there, and get a few beers* while I'm working, and my missus won't be able to complain ! :lol:

(* is that legal in ones shed during working ours? :D )
Not knowing your local climate, ventilation fans (both in and out, daylight,
and control of rain/groundwater will be imperative. Various kinds of insulation extras
are often wasted at construction sites, extras of fiberglass are easy to install, and enclose with plastic for safety. A shed might need to be raised off the ground on low concrete blocks or moisture-proof beams (cedar, or cypress) for ventlation, to prevent molds, and slope the surrounding ground to a drainage, with 3 feet of heavy plastic surrounding the shed, held down by gravel and suitable pathway stones to keep access easy and low maintenance. An incoming fan low on the side away from the sun, with an exhaust
fan high on the hot side, will even the temperature in hot weather.
Cheers :)

Thanks for the tips. That looks like a complex job. Perhaps the shed isn't such a good idea after all. Anyone good at predicting winning lottery numbers ? :D

@zvenx,
yes, you are right. There's always room for more stuff, especially as all SDs have their own approach and their own sound....hmm, we'll see...

himalaya wrote:@zvenx,
yes, you are right. There's always room for more stuff, especially as all SDs have their own approach and their own sound....hmm, we'll see...
that too.

rsp

himalaya wrote:Thanks for the tips. That looks like a complex job. Perhaps the shed isn't such a good idea after all. Anyone good at predicting winning lottery numbers ? :D
Its not hard, pencil the shapes you need to cut out, and drill a series of holes in each of the corners, long enough to insert the blade of a reciprocating saw, and make the four cuts. You can remove the back of a box fan, and put some mounting brackets on the sides, fit it in the opening, and secure it with nuts and bolts or screws. Its just a big computer case. Gaps can be filled with strips of foam 'backer rod', and sealed with caulking...do a couple things each week, and it will be quite manageable.
Another option would be a used 16' travel trailer, ('caravan' in some cultures) this would have facilities and power, and the sleeping area could be emptied to locate your design studio.
Cheers

Just a few words of appreciation... I got the Antiquity sound bank, and after playing around with it... it's so very, very good! Well done, man! I usually do all my own sounds, and I almost never buy expansions for my synths, but the demos really convinced me. You really tamed the beasty Cypher, and got some awesome and varied nostalgia out of it.

Off to play some 70s Genesis and Gentle Giant prog tunes... :D

Return to “Instruments”