What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Stereo OverDrive plugin issue?

Official support for: linuxdsp.co.uk

Moderator: linuxdsp

KVRer

3 posts since 10 May, 2010, from 12312312

Postby damnit321; Mon May 17, 2010 5:02 am Stereo OverDrive plugin issue?

When I tryed it recently *old version bundled in 3.1 avlinux* it seems to not respond to keyboard commands btw i am using mouse keys
Signature blocked until 5 posts made
KVRist

136 posts since 2 Mar, 2009, from Oxford, England

Postby linuxdsp; Tue May 18, 2010 6:49 am

I've just downloaded the one from the site and it seems to work fine for me (on ubuntu 9.10 - I don't have an AV Linux install at the moment). It should respond to arrow keys to shift the 'focus' - indicated by a red highlight - onto different GUI controls and the up / down arrows should then increase of decrease the control value - this should work without mousekeys, although if you have mousekeys running I suppose there could be some conflict where it might be stealing the key presses, which might also be a window manager issue. Also, make sure the GUI window has the focus when you are driving it using the keyboard.
KVRist

56 posts since 28 Apr, 2011, from NY State, USA

Postby Ricardus; Tue May 24, 2011 6:19 pm

I am loving the Valve Overdrive Preamp. Does it care if you run a mono signal into only ONE side?

Is there a mono version?
KVRist

136 posts since 2 Mar, 2009, from Oxford, England

Postby linuxdsp; Tue May 24, 2011 11:51 pm

It doesn't make any difference if you just use one side - the only thing that might be gained from providing a mono version would be slightly less CPU usage, I'll look into that and see if it can be done sometime.
KVRist

56 posts since 28 Apr, 2011, from NY State, USA

Postby Ricardus; Wed May 25, 2011 6:43 am

What if you run two completely different signals into each side. Like vocals into one, and bass guitar into the other?

Yeah, a mono version would be cool for less CPU usage.

BTW, I was so excited to install your plugs when I purchased them (like the MKII Graph) that I didn't even notice the documentation PDF in the ZIP file. I won't need to ask those silly questions anymore.

Moderator: linuxdsp

Return to linuxDSP