What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

m-theory demo bug? [solved]

Official support for: ugoaudio.com

Moderator: ugo

KVRist

232 posts since 28 Dec, 2003, from Gravel Switch, Kentucky

Postby gwill; Tue May 18, 2010 5:12 am m-theory demo bug? [solved]

I downloaded this yesterday for testing and found that it makes no sounds when the exciters are the non-"VA" internal wave files -- changing to "VA" exciters produces sounds fine. I haven't tried using my own wave files.

Is it something about my particular setup (Win XP, Energy XT 1.4)?

Greg Williams
ugo
KVRAF

5452 posts since 6 Jan, 2003, from Leesburg VA, USA

Postby ugo; Tue May 18, 2010 7:29 am

Hi Greg,

It sounds like you may have the samples in the wrong location, or perhaps only copied the dll to your VST folder, and not the extra folder with all the samples.

Inside of the zip file, you will see two folders - one for Dualism and another for M-theory. Rather than extracting the files from the M-theory folder, you should drag and drop the entire folder into your host's VST folder. That will ensure everything is where it needs to be.

But since you already installed the dll, and if you wish to not have that extra directory level before reaching the VST, then you will need to do the following:

- Open the location on your computer where you installed the M-theory dll. Since you have already run the synth, you will notice a folder called M-theory has already been created. It will contain multiple files needed for running the synth...but it will lack the samples.

- Now open the zip again. Inside the M-theory folder within the zip, you will see yet another folder named M-theory. That is where the samples are. Drag and drop (or copy and paste) all of these wav files and place them into the M-theory folder that now already exists in your installation directory.

That should take care of the problem but if you have any further troubles, just let me know. :)
KVRist

232 posts since 28 Dec, 2003, from Gravel Switch, Kentucky

Postby gwill; Tue May 18, 2010 8:13 am

Thanks! That fixed the problem. Sorry for the false alarm.

Anyway, now I'm off to the Indie Dev Collective site to purchase the full version -- a terrific bargain!!

Greg Williams
ugo
KVRAF

5452 posts since 6 Jan, 2003, from Leesburg VA, USA

Postby ugo; Tue May 18, 2010 8:25 am

Glad to hear that sorted it out. Thank you for your purchase! :)

Moderator: ugo

Return to Ugo