Is This Deb Step? Critique Appriciated?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello KVR.

Here's a work in progress. I think it's sort of a Dub Steppy thing?

Do you like it? Not like it? Thoughts on the mix, arrangement etc?

It is totally original...I found a cheezy health talk show on itunes and down loaded the podcast-cut it up and out came:

Heal Someone

http://www.opendrive.com/files/6485378_ ... omeone.mp3

You're a great guitar player, but I like your brand of electronica more when you do crazy stuff with synths and samples, instead of a more straightforward organic song structure. Especially like your bass sounds in your mixes. Downloaded this for the ipod/car.

Very original approach, nice beat/bass and well arranged spoken voice.
Solid mix, well done.

Cheers

metalifuxx wrote:You're a great guitar player, but I like your brand of electronica more when you do crazy stuff with synths and samples, instead of a more straightforward organic song structure. Especially like your bass sounds in your mixes. Downloaded this for the ipod/car.
Right on metalifuxx. I'm diggen what you're saying and agree. I spent a lifetime practicing guitar jazz/funk etc. and feel an obligation to incorporate it:-/ I agree it's rather vanilla? Been there done that?

I bought Ableton Live because I'm interested in approaching music composition from a DJ angle/manipulate & mangle my own audio files. I'm just a hobbiest-having fun with this absolutely incredible technology.:P

I really appreciate your support-means allot to me dude!
Laguna Rising wrote:Very original approach, nice beat/bass and well arranged spoken voice.
Solid mix, well done.

Cheers
Thank you for your thoughtful critique Laguna Rising! Much appreciated!

Return to “Music Cafe”