vurt:more radio play : feat leo sayer!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

oh go on then leo, bump that fekker!

bump...
Cool delay and radio work, but there's a lot of silence at low volumes in the beginning of this. Still, I listened all the way through and found it really interesting/entertaining. There's a few bits in there that made me laugh (Mercedes). :)

hahaha
Totally barking as usual. I really admire the randomness.
I used to love playing with the tuner on my first ever pocket radio when i was 10 , listening to those weird squeals coming from God knows where , so i love this and understand the experimentation . It gets very chotic later on , but i have the feeling its intentional and you're making a point about clamouring voices , all vying for attention.....maybe ?
Very interesting and thought provoking , especially at the start where the varying segments of soundbite sound rhythmic in a peculiar other-worldly way.
It makes me wanna go buy a little longwave radio and listen to those frequencies undulating like waves ebbing and flowing , with echoes and mirages of disembodied voices.
10/10 for experimentation !!

Enjoyed this one and the other one.

Dammit I was looking for a shortwave radio to do just this sort of thing! YOu did it and made it neater with a cooler title :x :cry: :hihi: :help:

I was gonna mix in low level subliminal suggestions into mine, but hey.

Why do I suddenly want to copulate with squirrels?

Wow. Captivating and brilliant!

I wish I had that kinda talent :cry:

Jazzyspoon wrote:bump...
Cool delay and radio work, but there's a lot of silence at low volumes in the beginning of this.
nature of the beast im afraid, plug in, press record and see what happens. no post processing.
turns out i hadnt set the volumes right on a couple the pedals, so the opening is me getting shit sorted :)

Still, I listened all the way through and found it really interesting/entertaining. There's a few bits in there that made me laugh (Mercedes). :)
glad you found it interesting, i do think it enhances the whole "radio experience" :hihi:

2NDMOUSE wrote:hahaha
Totally barking as usual. I really admire the randomness.
:D cheers.
I used to love playing with the tuner on my first ever pocket radio when i was 10 , listening to those weird squeals coming from God knows where , so i love this and understand the experimentation . It gets very chotic later on , but i have the feeling its intentional and you're making a point about clamouring voices , all vying for attention.....maybe ?

i generally avoid explaining my own intentions, i like the idea that people get different things from it, which also gives me a new perspective for listening again.
but my thoughts here where of a "you dont know what lifes gonna throw at you, but you better make something out of whatever comes along"
ive been having some problems recently that have meant i cant work, so im really trying to reiterate this mantra to myself more than anything, positive thinking n all that :hihi:

Very interesting and thought provoking , especially at the start where the varying segments of soundbite sound rhythmic in a peculiar other-worldly way.
It makes me wanna go buy a little longwave radio and listen to those frequencies undulating like waves ebbing and flowing , with echoes and mirages of disembodied voices.
glad you enjoyed, now go buy that radio! more than anything ive had some fun doing this, and who knew id get leo sayer? :hihi:
10/10 for experimentation !!
:shock:

whats gonna happen with the next ones when i chain and feedback loop more pedals? i have nowhere to aim now :lol:

AetherCoyl wrote:Enjoyed this one and the other one.

Dammit I was looking for a shortwave radio to do just this sort of thing! YOu did it and made it neater with a cooler title :x :cry: :hihi: :help:
do it! i wanna hear it, were all gonna have different local stations and what not, could get some cool stuff going from all over the world :)
I was gonna mix in low level subliminal suggestions into mine, but hey.

:hihi:
Why do I suddenly want to copulate with squirrels?

because you are nuts! :lol:

cheers for listening.

hibidy wrote:Wow. Captivating and brilliant!
i thank you.
I wish I had that kinda talent :cry:
you are.

maybe if i video a session. my intention is not to fill an audience with a "wow i wish i could do that" feeling, i want to instill a "wow, that sounded interesting and i can do that!" or even "wow, that was shit! i can do better" feeling, and more importantly i then want people to go away and do it.
DIY! 8)

Not as soothing, but quite enjoyable. Where the other one drifted nicely, I thought, this builds really well, which I find kind of remarkable considering "plug in, press record and see what happens. no post processing."

Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:Not as soothing, but quite enjoyable. Where the other one drifted nicely, I thought, this builds really well, which I find kind of remarkable considering "plug in, press record and see what happens. no post processing."

Thanks.

i found the other one a little darker to be honest, could just be the last minute content there that does it though.
i do think this one seems much more fun, though again maybe thats just cos once leo turned up i was dancing round the room :oops:

glad you enjoyed both, specially as there will be more :muhahaha:

plus :yay!: 1000 views :ud:

Hope to catch up with this tonight - always down for some Leo. :)
Image Image

I'd love to know more about the techniques used :love: The delays are tasty and just right at "tailing", and some of the "noise" is something I don't know how to do (except when I had speakerphone/yes, I'm an idiot for getting rid of it)

Jazzyspoon wrote:silence at low volumes
So what does silence at high volumes sound like? :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”