Evolution Sitardelic - NOW AVAILABLE!

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The electric sitar was introduced in the late 60's, imitating the sound of a traditional sitar by using a special bridge and resonance strings. Undoubtedly a specialty instrument, the electric sitar is typically used in classic rock and modern jazz/fusion styles of music. The model we sampled for Evolution Sitardelic has a semi-hollow pine body with a masonite top, Brazilian rosewood fretboard, and classic "lipstick" single-coil pickups. Its full octave of drone strings add extra resonance and body to the tone of the guitar.

We developed this library in collaboration with Rosewood Recording Company, one of Utah's most venerable recording studios. Guy Randle, the owner and recording engineer at Rosewood Recording Company, incorporates analog audio equipment to skillfully sculpt and emphasize the rich tonal qualities of the guitar.

For the sampling session, Guy Randle worked with Rich Dixon, an award-winning session guitarist, international performer, and jazz theory/improvisation educator.

Video Demos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-5i6L8GExU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU571sf9GcA

Audio Demos:
Demo #1: Sitariffic
Demo #2: Rock Sitar (Andrea Bellucci)
Demo #3: OTS Funk Allstars (Jon Jackson)

Key features:
  • Over 4.65 GB of samples (compressed to 1.87 GB using the lossless NCW audio format), covering articulations such as sustains, mutes, natural harmonics, plus special effects such as chugs, scratches, string slaps, and much more.
  • Legato samples for slides, hammer-ons, and pull-offs.
  • Built-in strum pattern editor for authentic guitar strumming.
  • Adjustable pick position using our proprietary physical modeling technology.
  • Multitracking up to quadruple tracking.
Pricing:
$139 USD (regularly $179). This $40 off introductory discount lasts until August 22nd, 2016.

Format:
This sample library is powered by the KONTAKT Player, so it does not require any additional software.

Downloads:
User's Guide (PDF)

Visit the product page here: Evolution Sitardelic sample library for KONTAKT

Or you can click here to order Evolution Sitardelic directly
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Hope to see many responses, given this is not traditional Sitar. Have Sitar in Kontakt5 Library and considering NI Discovery Series- India Library (Sitar, + + +. Hope to see discussion here to help put this OTS Libarary in perspective. :pray:

I've owned Danelectro Coral el.sitar for a short period in the 90's.
This sampling is wordeful! Beautiful, detailed work, and according to the tutorial, really versatile with all those presets and effects.
Congratulations!
( The only problem is, how to finance all these plugins, I dont even dare how much I've spent already in these Summersales).

Can I get to Oud from here ..... given the sampled instrument and effects/settings ?? :ud:

Not really, oud sounds quite different to sitar.

OK. Too bad though. Short time working with Kontakt5 Factory Library/ Instruments/ World/ Strings/ and enjoying all. Not sure if Impact Soundworks are a solid alternative ??

sostenuto wrote:OK. Too bad though. Short time working with Kontakt5 Factory Library/ Instruments/ World/ Strings/ and enjoying all. Not sure if Impact Soundworks are a solid alternative ??
The Impact Soundworks oud is quite good. You should pass on any questions about it to them.
Back on topic, I just bought Sitardelic, and I'm just waiting for the download to end so I can play with it. The electric sitar is one of those instruments that I've been wanting to see OTS do a library of, and like the Rick 12, my wish has become reality. I think the only sampled guitar library I don't have in my arsenal now that I want is an acoustic 12 string. I'll keep hoping, OTS does some of the best and most playable libraries out there; I'm sure Gregg and his team would do the instrument justice.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

DocAtlas wrote:I think the only sampled guitar library I don't have in my arsenal now that I want is an acoustic 12 string. I'll keep hoping, OTS does some of the best and most playable libraries out there; I'm sure Gregg and his team would do the instrument justice.
The recording session for that is next week. :)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz wrote:
DocAtlas wrote:I think the only sampled guitar library I don't have in my arsenal now that I want is an acoustic 12 string. I'll keep hoping, OTS does some of the best and most playable libraries out there; I'm sure Gregg and his team would do the instrument justice.
The recording session for that is next week. :)
Be still my beating heart...

It should be a while then until the product is ready; plenty of time to save up.

I noticed that newer OTS libraries aren't named for fruit, like Strawberry, Cherry, and Pear; any reason why? Come to think of it, why were the older libraries named that way? Just curious.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

Well done!!! :clap: I won't be able to resist this for long, but must budget.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

DocAtlas wrote: I noticed that newer OTS libraries aren't named for fruit, like Strawberry, Cherry, and Pear; any reason why? Come to think of it, why were the older libraries named that way? Just curious.
We're branching out. ;)

The first were named after fruit as a sort of nickname, kinda like how Scarbee used colors with their basses. Like the Cherry Electric Bass and Evolution Strawberry are both bright red, so it just fit. We tried continuing with the fruit names (CoreBass Pear), but it was looking like that would be constricting in the future. There are only so many types of fruit, and while "Pineapple ukulele" would make sense, I have no idea what instrument a Durian fruit would represent... ;)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

EV Tamarind might have been cool ??

I posted earlier, asking about Oud ... MAINLY following post that extolled versatility and settings capability of EV Sitardelic. Since EV Sitardelic is not a sampled Sitar, AND curious about how 'versatile' this new Library might be, I asked, in my ignorance, about Oud possibilities. Appreciate the single positive comment about the Impact Soundworks Oud library, but initial question re. EV Sitardelic remains unanswered.

Is it possible to get somewhat close to Oud sounds with EV Sitardelic, given its many settings ? If not, it would be instructive to know a very brief explanation why. 'oud sounds quite different to sitar' did not help much :dog:

@ DocAtlas .... Purchased EV Sitardelic, as lifetime pianist/keyboardist desiring to learn far more about playing these fabulous OTS libraries ( purchased almost all ). Have some awareness of Oud, and simply wanted to know if some fairly basic Sitardelic settings could get me close.
If not, Kontakt5 Factory Library version will suffice for now.

:phones:

The sitar is all about that buzz and resonance, but the Oud has a very different sound to my ear--sort of a plucky, hollow tone. I don't think you can get that sound with Sitardelic, though. I guess I need to start looking into sampling an electric Oud, maybe? :)

Incidentally, I've played an Oud before. As a guitar player, I thought it would be a simple transition, but there were a lot of aspects I didn't realize! For example, just the simple weight of your arm on the body of the Oud changes its tuning. Even though it's a very large instrument, it's also very light. Presumably that's what gives it such a rich body to the tone.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Thank-you for helpful, instructional Reply !! Had no doubt ED's brief comment was valid, but this helps inquisitive mind resolve why EV Sitardelic cannot/will not do the Oud job.

Much appreciated!
Last edited by sostenuto on Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”