What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  
KVRAF

4070 posts since 10 Oct, 2002, from Nashville, TN USA

Postby Shane Sanders; Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:47 pm New Product: Bowed Metal (exotic and very unique set)

This pack of 40 samples was derived exclusively from a 10-gallon metal milk container. A four foot aluminium rod was used to bow the container at various positions, coaxing haunting moans and unique rasping timbres out of its empty shell. Most of these samples have a strong fundamental tone, consistent across the set, which can be tuned to your piece—then you can massage your pitch-bend wheel into delightful melodic expressions as the timbre evolves. With a creative approach, one could mine these for amazing deep pads which defy the average synthetic texture.

Within the context of an enveloping reverb, this is iron approaching the alchemical state of gold. They are powerful, unique, melancholic recordings with many potential applications. And then, of course, you can reverse them, truncate them, and isolate marvelous little inflections in your sampler for unique loop-points. There's hardly an end to the ways these can be artistically channeled.

The demo track for this set uses ONLY 4 of the 40 samples!

http://www.shanesanders.com/samplesquad ... emo_01.mp3

Available in the following formats: Wav @ 32bit 44.1KHz.
Price: $7.99 US
KVRian

563 posts since 1 Mar, 2004, from france

Postby damstraversaz; Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:24 pm

just bought it , and that's a fantastic soundest. the quality is very high, nice work ! the price is too amazing... :D
Last edited by damstraversaz on Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVRAF

1616 posts since 11 Dec, 2005, from Möllevången, Malmö, Sweden

Postby jensa; Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:34 pm

The mp3-link don't work in Google Chrome web browser. Not for me at least... :(
KVRAF

4070 posts since 10 Oct, 2002, from Nashville, TN USA

Postby Shane Sanders; Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:34 pm

jensa wrote:The mp3-link don't work in Google Chrome web browser. Not for me at least... :(

There's an alternate page in the menu if Flash isn't working for you.

Here's the page with direct links:
http://www.shanesanders.com/samplesquad/music.html

Oddly, the whole site works fine for me in Chrome. I hope it's not a general Flash issue with Chrome. I really enjoy it as a browser.

Moderator: Shane Sanders

Return to Sample Squad