vurt: live on radio with fx:a farewell of sorts...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Farewell to what?
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

I liked the little Mos Eisley cantina band melodies that pop in and out. :tu:

justin3am wrote:I liked the little Mos Eisley cantina band melodies that pop in and out. :tu:
you reckon?
teh only bits i recognised on this one was the stone roses, fools gold.
i wonder which station was playing star wars? might be worth listening to :hihi:

eduardo_b wrote:
Farewell to what?
music.
did you listen? :o

vurt wrote:
justin3am wrote:I liked the little Mos Eisley cantina band melodies that pop in and out. :tu:
you reckon?
i wonder which station was playing star wars? might be worth listening to :hihi:
Naw, it was just free association. That's just what I imagined when I heard the little melodic parts that drift along. It'd be cool if it was though, like a coinky-dink or something. :)

justin3am wrote:
vurt wrote:
you reckon?
Naw, it was just free association. That's just what I imagined when I heard the little melodic parts that drift along.
thank god for that, i dont wanna get taken to skywalker ranch :o

vurt wrote:thank god for that, i dont wanna get taken to skywalker ranch :o
I'd get raped by George Lucas if he let me hang out there for a while. Couldn't be that bad, Harrison Ford was just being a pussy.

It kind of sounds like a field recording from the toilets of a nightclub hosting the end-party of a science-fiction convention.

hehe, i love sci fi cons at this time of year, there is something innately funny about seeing stormtroopers and wookies being carried out of places on stretchers due to heat exhaustion :hihi:

I wanted more stuff to poke through maybe, but muchly enjoyed... some nice carousel-swirling bits, and lots of raunchy bottom.
Image Image

It's almost like Biosphere writing from the depths of hell.

I love Biosphere; I'd like to see a bit more creativity musically to buy into your concept but that's only for my own ears.

polyslax wrote:I wanted more stuff to poke through maybe, but muchly enjoyed... some nice carousel-swirling bits, and lots of raunchy bottom.
yeah, i wasnt feeling it this time. the first two are much more "interesting", although it does as you say have a few nice parts, it really didnt grab me so i just stopped :lol:

but i did say this was a "warts and all" concept that i would follow through (great excue eh :hihi: )

cheers for listening though :)

resonanceaudio wrote:It's almost like Biosphere writing from the depths of hell.

I love Biosphere; I'd like to see a bit more creativity musically to buy into your concept but that's only for my own ears.
im afraid i dont know biosphere (at first i thought it was a game, but thats bio shock i think) but ill check em out :)

as for musicality within this concept, no room for such things :hihi:
the concept was "take what life gives you and do something with it"
this involved needing unknown material, the only way i could think of this was to use a radio as an oscillator, add a few fx, press record and see what comes. no editing, no post processing!

the concept came about as recently ive been treated for crushed nerves in my vertabrae, this has basically screwed up many things that are necassary for "music sessions", the crushing of the nerves means i have little control for say guitar playing, i cant grip properly so while synth tweaking is possible, it doesnt always go how my mind imagines as my fingers aint following orders.
i cant sit or stand in one position for more than 10/15 mins, this makes sessions awkward and not to mention the heavy dosge of painkillers meaning im rarely awake enough to do more than an hours worth of anything, which is usually taken up with cooking and eating :hihi:
but rather than giving up on noise, im just doing what i can, when i can.
although, as i did say, this is a farewell of sorts, i mentioned in a previous thread i had hoped this simple project would inspire somone else to have fun, make noise and DO SOMETHING!
and i have found another "project" who wishes at least at this point, to remain anonymous :shrug:
but someone else will be plundering and FSU! now, and i will move on to something else i think :)

thanks for listening.

vurt wrote:the concept came about as recently ive been treated for crushed nerves in my vertabrae, this has basically screwed up many things that are necassary for "music sessions"...
The implication of your post is that this situation cannot be completely reversed. :?: :(
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

Return to “Music Cafe”