Zebra in Zimmer/Marr Inception performance

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

At the Inception premiere Hans Zimmer, Johnny Marr and others gave a performance which you can see here:

http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2010/07 ... r-and.html

Unless I am very much mistaken, at 28:55 can be seen Zebra Perform page on a laptop. I think you can see flashes of it in other shots but that time-frame seems clearest. Good luck trying to pick it out aurally, maybe Urs can? :D

Yes, it's there for sure. I'm also interested in hearing
what contribution Zebra made to the film. Thanks for the
link.
Cheers,
Scott

26:26 you can watch zebra in action to :hyper:

HZ wrote:Yes, Zebra performed flawlessly and inspiringly on "Inception", with
Howie and myself constantly coming up with new sounds. It's very efficent, at one point there were 52 Zebras in the sequence. I was using the Uhbik A chap a lot too.
(he goes on in that email with a little bug report but nevermind :oops:)

GREAT soundtrack BTW! Also lots of CS-80 that I can hear (not the plug-in... :hihi: )

TONS of Zebra in Inception, including the percussion sounds triggered from that V-drum kit. You just don't recognize them as Zebra because our favourite synth is so flexible and no factory presets were used.

Ned Bouhalassa wrote:GREAT soundtrack BTW! Also lots of CS-80 that I can hear (not the plug-in... :hihi: )
You are mistaken :-)

Howard wrote:
Ned Bouhalassa wrote:GREAT soundtrack BTW! Also lots of CS-80 that I can hear (not the plug-in... :hihi: )
+1
Sound Design, Music Production

While I was watching the whole performance, everything around me ceased to exist.
I just can't find the words to describe what I felt, I just couldn't get my eyes off the screen.
This is what music is all about.

If the film is as good as the score, then it will surely be one of the best films of all times.

Now, let's get to work with that Zebra licence I bought 3 weeks ago. :hihi:
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Hi Ned! Very nice website! =)

Howie weren't you doing another soundbank for z2?

rsp
sound sculptist

all of this makes me wanna buy that howard soundbank for zebra. the inception performance is amazing ! makes me want to play.

Howard wrote:TONS of Zebra in Inception, including the percussion sounds triggered from that V-drum kit. You just don't recognize them as Zebra because our favourite synth is so flexible and no factory presets were used.
Howard, you kick ass. :hail:

I'm dying to see this movie... I'm hoping I can get to the theater this weekend. Should be a lively crowd, which will make the experience even better.

chilln wrote:
Hi Ned! Very nice website! =)
Thanks!

Howard wrote:
I see, so... very nice CS-80 emulations on Zebra, Howard! ;-)

Return to “u-he”