Deccan Traps - Dark Red

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i've been feeling agitated this week and i made this

Dark Red (5:10/320kbps/12.7MB)

i hope you enjoy it

thanks,

neil.
Last edited by macmurphy on Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Agitated indeed... quirky hyper grooves and dirty noise that makes me feel warm. Love this sorta thing, of course.

Super job, Neil. 8)
Image Image

That deep synth sounds so cool, I would like it up a bit, and the watery gurgly sounds.. The beats sure are agitated :lol:
cool stuff thanks.

thanks so much for listening guys :)

i've since given it a quick remix bringing up the low synth and sub a bit (ta fateamenabletochange :wink: ) - i listened back to it again this morning and it did seem it could use a little boost..

VERY cool beats and nice dark moody vibes. Solid dirty (in a good way!) mix. Good job Neil!

thanks Sarah, i'm glad you enjoyed it :)

seriously dark and moody. has an autechre remixes boc while aphex produces the result feel to it which coming from me should be taken as a massive compliment.

the quick beats and acidesque bassline compliment the thick moody pads very well indeed.

8)

cheers,

steve.

thank you Steve! that is indeed a huge compliment :D

Jittery and dark. Soundtrack for a crab with the DTs. Very cool and much enjoyed. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

thanks for listening D.H. :)

i have a mortal fear of crabs. maybe it's coming out in my music :D

Great tune Neil, lots of energy in this one.
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

cheers Ronnie :)

my current hyper state is obviously coming through in the music at the moment :wheee:

ah a new one, more and more of your stuff keeps finding its way to my iPod. :D

ooh such an angsty beat, liking the vibe, still your style comes through. great contrast of sounds, excellent mix, good dynamic suspenseful moments here. nice energy here neil. :tu:

luv it mate, what did you use for the beginning dark pad?

and how did you make those lo fi rhythm?

thanks Debs, it's nice to know i'm on your ipod living in your ears :D

Caine - i'm glad you like it :)

the drone at the start is a mopho with some lfo modulation depth tied to aftertouch and a bit of pitch modulation on the mod wheel.
the other pad sound is a layer of Sonicouture Novachord, one of Totalmusik's Wretch Machine and one of Hollow Sun's Crumar Performer tuned down three octaves.
i also slipped some sub bass in for good measure.

for the beats you mention i processed the hell out of a drum loop with heavy compression, tape noise and a touch of reverb and resampled it. i then put it through Vectory from the Reaktor library and made 5 new mashed up loops. these were then chopped and edited until i was satisfied with them.

thanks for listening :D

neil.

Return to “Music Cafe”