OSC18 .. Cubensick wins!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Once again ladies and gentlemen, I invite to you cast your votes for the best Sonata only track.

This has been a tough challenge, working with a synth with such a weird tweakset as could be compared with panning for gold..... like swing it one way and you can have anything between riches, and roaches! And yet, theres music in them there tracks! .... and some darn fine sounds too y'all!

See thread... http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

Please listen to all the tracks before casting a vote ... I know it takes a while, but its the only fair way to do things ... Criteria for your voting decision is up to you, but I ask that you take at least some account of the range, nature, use of the synth's sounds in your decisions.

So here's how!

Visit the One Synth Challenge site!
http://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/home

Here you can download/listen to individual tracks as you wish, or download the whole collection as a zip file, access track info, access a playlist, and keep track of the voting.

You can also find links to tracks, results and all relevant info pertaining to all previous comps.

Big thanks to V'ger for setting it up this excellent resource, and all the hard work in gathering all the links and info together.

How to vote ....
I get the sense that we like the flexible vote system, so .... errrr.. I'll scale it in rough proportion to the last comp.

So you have a maximum of 24 points to award
You can give no more than 10 points per track.
You can allocate points to no less than 3, and no more than 6 tracks.

You should allocate your votes, in a single post, in this thread ... something like this ....
Track zxy - 8
Track xyq - 6
Track zyx - 4
Track yzx - 3
Track xqy - 2
Track zqx - 1

Reviews, however brief, are always welcome, but even if you can only find the time to add a short comment, then please do! ...it keeps the thread alive, and encourages others to listen/vote. I will do a review when I can grab a bit of time to do the job justice.

**Closing date for votes will be Sun 29th August**
Last edited by tattiemannie on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ok, I change my votes (to get the total under 24 instead of 28 like I did or... I'm very sorry :o ... I've listened again to all my selected tracks to adjust them trying to remain in proportion?! even if it's not possible...)

vote title author
5 almost what I want Yeager
5 Soha sogood Tattiemannie
5 Bells Statyatunes
3 Dream sequence Peninsula breeze
3 lazy summer Batgab
3 all stars burn out Mad Psyance

15+9 = 24 :)
But now... how can I change the votes on the site? I've put them into that form...?
:o

P.S.: all the tracks where very good... I had to left someone out, but I like the other too very much... very nice contest... and I'm surprised too for the sounds that come out of this vst.

p.p.s: My track is "Night vibes" under the "false" name of "The Beatsoul". Next time I'll use the vanmorrison nickname.
Last edited by vanmorrison on Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Yes they can be altered no problem. Just say what.

To everyone, please enter the votes directly into the site form after posting them here: http://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/osc ... ata-voting

The votes must be written as a normal voting post here on the forum for site entered votes to count. This is to make sure all voters are KVR people.

Thanks.

My votes - sorry, no time for comments as usual (plus, being one of the early voters this time, I don't want to influence anybody with my comments)

Air_MA-Simon_
5 points

AlmostWhatIWanted-Yeager 5 points (fu**ing viking...)

LazySummer-Batgab 4 points

Mutation___mrblitz000 4 points

DreamSequence-Gravejester 3 points

UnpleasantListening-Cubensick 3 points

By the way, there seems to be something wrong with the scoreboard page - I get a form asking me to register, never happened before...

UnpleasantListening-Cubensick - 6
LazySummer-Batgab - 4
SohaSonata-Hienergy - 4
AllStarsBurnOutByNow-madpsyance - 4
AlmostWhatIWanted-Yeager - 3
DreamSequence-Gravejester - 3

Good luck everyone. All the tracks are very very good. I'm surprised that people tweaked it to get out some sounds that I thought was impossible.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Hey, wow, thanks for the votes, vanmorrison, Mac and satYatunes! First time out and I haven't gotten skunked, so I'm pretty happy with that!

I agree with satYatunes' sentiment; some/all of you have been able to squeeze some surprisingly excellent sounds out of Sonata. Also, I'm enjoying the good variety of musical styles in the tunes that have been submitted.

I'm still listening, hope to get my votes in early for once...

vanmorrison, at the top left corner of your post, you will see 'edit' .... if you click on it, you will be able to go back into your post and change it.

Much as I hate to see votes being taken away from folks, the rules say 24 votes, so if you could adjust those numbers, that would be super.

Mac of BIOnighT wrote:By the way, there seems to be something wrong with the scoreboard page - I get a form asking me to register, never happened before...
Yes I see that the spreadsheet accompanying the input form is reluctant to show itself for whatever reason.. It is however 2 sheets so maybe that's why. I'll check it out, but all the votes are registering no probs.

tattiemannie wrote:vanmorrison, at the top left corner of your post, you will see 'edit' .... if you click on it, you will be able to go back into your post and change it.

Much as I hate to see votes being taken away from folks, the rules say 24 votes, so if you could adjust those numbers, that would be super.
I did it... Now I think... How can I change the votes I put into the form? I think you can fix that for me, or not?

I think I found a fix for the scoreboard not showing, should be working from now on.

Vanmorrison: Yea, will correct the list, np.

Yep, it's visible now - I can only see up to night vibes, though :?: (yes, I'm scrolling the page to the right (before someone asks ;-) ))

Hm are you scolling your browser window or the scoreboard window? As I see from the osc 19 thread you have a small monitor so I'm thinking you can't see the whole site there and there might be confusion because of that?

Also, on the scoreboard is a link to 'TOTAL SCORES', can you see that and if so is it working?

Oops, didn't see the second bar :oops: :oops: yes, everything works, thanks :)

(BTW, my monitor is 17", what kind of monitor are people using today?)

Return to “Instruments”