Flute & Ambient stuff

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For a collaboration on another forum, my buddy Graham & I slapped this together. Me: all the flutes, him: all the synths.

The Midsummer Grove

Victor.

Very nice sound and atmosphere, indeed. The flute sounds very nice.
This track would suit well as a soundtrack I would say.

One

very beautiful... tunes and mood get me imagine wandering on the hillsides of the Andes... good composition and arrangement, sounds great

...hey vic, what county is that ?? [my wifes from liberty hill].

this is really cool, some great outback noises and sound effects, timeless. Cool production on the flute. This is really cool, great changes, at 2.30 or so, down again and off again at 5.30
Beautiful fullness around 7 min

very cool thanks

fateamenabletochange wrote:...hey vic, what county is that ?? [my wifes from liberty hill].
The whole thing is just some fancyful imagining.

FWIW, Graham reports using the following:
Absynth, Rapture, Omnisphere, EWQL-SO, Stormdrum, and a stacked arpeggio using Albino, Xils3 and ImpOSCar and some native percussion samples in Ultrabeat.
Victor.

some fine synths there, certainly it has depth and detail

The mix of flute and electronica reminds me a bit of Shpongle. That's a huge compliment by the way :)

awesome-sounding track! so atmospheric and cool. one comment--the violin sound (EWQL strings?) kind of ruins the track for me because it's too obviously MIDI/synth. all the other instruments sound fantastic, and i think the track as a whole would be way better off without the violin. string chords after 7:00 are a lot better, b/c you can't hear the "MIDI-ness" (i.e. weird articulations). awesome vibe man!

FriendlyStranger wrote:The mix of flute and electronica reminds me a bit of Shpongle. That's a huge compliment by the way :)
In that case, huge thanks. :)

I've heard some Shpongle, but I don't remember them using real instruments. Any pointers?

Victor.

VicDiesel wrote:
FriendlyStranger wrote:The mix of flute and electronica reminds me a bit of Shpongle. That's a huge compliment by the way :)
In that case, huge thanks. :)

I've heard some Shpongle, but I don't remember them using real instruments. Any pointers?

Victor.
Shpongle is a duo, with Simon Posford who is an electronic musician, and Raja Ram who is a flautist. They make for a pretty trippy mix.

Here's an example of their 'instrumental' sound -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv8DAUNy ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQyR-FXJ ... re=related

Great stuff :clap:

Return to “Music Cafe”