Gone Fishin

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not had anything to put up here for ages, but how about this collaboration with 'offthewall' :)

The guitar arpeggios that run from the start are my first serious effort at playing right through a tune without a break for very many years. The background and lead synths came next.

Then it was over to James for that very tasty second guitar and middle guitar lead.

After a bit more footling around (a tune is simply no good if it hasn't been footled) I added a bass line and finally came up with a title.

Almost before the Internet bits had settled James came back with an excellent song.

After yet more footling, nudgification and general nit-picking, here is the result.

The super cool ogg
or
The slightly less glamorous mp3
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

lovely gently flowing vibe. No trouble hearing the vocals, kind of spoken/sung style fits. Nice simple melody. Hope you 2 do some more.

beautful

This is great! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks a lot for your comments guys. Much appreciated.

... Now, where's that rod...
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Nice job to the both of you :tu:

Could this be the beginning of the Elderly Brothers Mark II?
I wish you would have shortned this to 2:59, and entered it into the contest this month.
It could have been a contender!

Keep up the good work,
Jerry

folderol wrote: The guitar arpeggios that run from the start are my first serious effort at playing right through a tune without a break for very many years.
This adds a *lot* to the track overall ... I definitely know where you're coming from, something I'm trying to get a lot better on.

Overall, the track surprised me - it's got some qualities that I've heard from either of you before and definitely appreciate on a technical level, but also a slightly dark, very layered, full aesthetic of the sort that I really love to hear (spent a couple hours listening to Pink Floyd today, haven't really listened to the Beatles in probably a decade ...)

There might be some issues with the transitions between some of the passages, to my ears they didn't really register, came off a little confusing. Some of the chord changes seemed to me a little too obvious, that's a matter a taste of course though.

Glad to listen, would listen again :)

The guitars are LUSH as hell and your voice is ethereal- in a Winnie-The-Pooh kind of way.

8)
Thanks for all the compliments.

Jerry ... I don't know about EB's MkII ... but Folderol and I have often worked together in the past, particularly over at Kara-moon.
In fact we have 3 tracks together as North&South on the 'free download' album RESPECT which came out last year: here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=120 8)

Mike ... that 'W-t-P' voice has taken many years to cultivate. It was born out of too much cigarette consumption in my early years which was eventually replaced by too much whisky consumption to date. :shock:
Luckily most people I work with tend to send me songs in my one available key and with a range of only one octave ... so I can usually swing it :hihi:

All good fun.

:wink:
James
---------------------------------------------
New Updated music site at - http://www.fraserology.com/music/

Winnie-The-Pooh +1 :)

Very cool.. congrats to both and thanks for posting.. :phones:

Nicely done. I enjoyed it. Thanks to both of you.
No longer a moderator.

Thanks again guys for your comments.

@xh3rv
Yes there are a few slight 'transgressions', mostly timing errors, but I wanted us to stay honest in this recording :hihi:

Latency can make recording another part along to the audio there tricky, like driving a car thru fog fast.
Guitar especially I notice here being a little more difficult with a buffer size set to 8ms. Same as playing in a group and not being able to hear properly what you are doing [getting on top of some drummers isn't easy]

8)
It's so nice to have positive comments on this one.
For starters, I had no idea that Folderol was going to post it over here, but the positive vibe is really nice.
As for the production :shock: You have no idea how this piece actually developed. :hihi:

It started off with Foldy trying out his 'new-fangled' electric guitar to provide a backing track to this tune. All told it sounded rather tasty so I asked if he wanted further instrumental submissions. I originally intended to add a whistle but, once I had explored the melody and chord structure, decided that it would not contribute to the song. I did, however, find an affinity with the guitar style. Not wanting to detract from his 'debut' in the pickers club I just played along for the middle section through to the end and sent the tracks to him to mix in in any way that he thought would work. :roll:
The resulting mix was superb .... then he suggested a title for the piece and the lyrics just seemed to drop in. :love:

All told ... a wonderful project to work on :love: I thoroughly enjoyed it. 8)
Many thanks to Folderol for letting me join in ... and thanks for all the positive comments :D

:wink:
James
---------------------------------------------
New Updated music site at - http://www.fraserology.com/music/

Return to “Music Cafe”