LePou LeCto v1.0 now Released (Mesa Boogie Rectifier amp sim)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

*Updated 10-23-2010*
From the Guitarampmodeling forum, he has his own channel there.
LePou wrote:
Hi,

Just to let you know that LeCto v1.0 is available on my blog.
http://lepouplugins.blogspot.com/

New GUI made by Mikola Ptashnikoff and a better Raw mode. Here is a screenshot:

*Some Sonar users may still encounter some issues, I'm sorry:roll:

You'll notice that the modern mode has a "Resonance" control. This will help you control the low end depending on the IR you'll be using. You'll most likely set it to 0 with Catharsis IRs for instance but you'll probably need to crank it a little bit with Redwire IR. I don't wanna get technical here but it is related the way the IRs have been captured (with or without power tube/speaker/cabinet interaction).

Anyway, let me know if you encounter any problems with it. And if so, give me as much details as possible and I'll try to fix it as soon as possible (computer, DAW, etc).

Thanks for your time.

LePou

ps: As usual, putting a TubeScreamer in front is a good idea
Last edited by metalifuxx on Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bad to the ass. LePou's stuff is, without exception, fantastic.

Sounds great to me. If you have GR/AT/Vandal - you could try running Lecto beta through just the speaker cab and maybe the rack FX modules. LeCab and the Catharsis cab impulse responses are available on LePou's site and work well too if you need a cab sim.
Last edited by egbert on Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SHIT YE! My religion is Dual Rec personally. She's standing right next to me... stunning treadplate and black tolex beast, 4x12 goodness... I'll definitely be giving this a whirl!

--EDIT: WOW! Sim + LeCab + Redwires 1960aGM or Recab ... damn! Not a MESA (by a long shot), but still nice!--
Last edited by GeorgeZ on Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eternitysound VST Banks

Good Plug. But it is far more convenient to work with AT3 or GR 4 alone.

... but sometimes layering with "another flavour" just makes it sound so nice and lush
Eternitysound VST Banks

Maybe it is now time for LePou to work on single vst combining all heads + cab +(effects) :D

(with native support for RedWirez and ReCabinet, like Ken does with Shred)

bishop666 wrote:Maybe it is now time for LePou to work on single vst combining all heads + cab +(effects) :D

(with native support for RedWirez and ReCabinet, like Ken does with Shred)
Yes please!! That would be awesome!!!

Thanks metalifuxx for spreading the words.

FYI, few things have been reported so far:
- Red/Vintage doesn't work in stereo
- When turning the drive up and down the sound can be cut out or stutter a bit
- In Reaper, hiding the GUI and changinjg the upsampling factor(2x, 4x or 8x) with the default slider will lead to a crash

@bishop666: I have already asked some users about their interest in some sort of "guitar suite" and surprisingly, most of them told me they prefer separate plugins.

LePou wrote:Thanks metalifuxx for spreading the words.

FYI, few things have been reported so far:
- Red/Vintage doesn't work in stereo
- When turning the drive up and down the sound can be cut out or stutter a bit
- In Reaper, hiding the GUI and changinjg the upsampling factor(2x, 4x or 8x) with the default slider will lead to a crash

@bishop666: I have already asked some users about their interest in some sort of "guitar suite" and surprisingly, most of them told me they prefer separate plugins.
offer both :D

bishop666 wrote: offer both :D
Of course I could.
As a part time developer (Ken is developing fulltime and... even more :hihi: ), it's gonna take me years to put all the things together :(
I'll see...

ok, leave them as separate plugs. There is no use if you have to spend all your time on the framework and no time on dsp. :)

The DSP and GUIs are superb with LePou's amps so really we would benefit most from him doing what he enjoys most. Perhaps a third party could put a useful chainer plugin together. Getting the stomps+amp+CAB+FX all in one integrated GUI is a big advantage for quick workflow. I don't know if this is even possible with separate plugs in a chainer type host. The chainer offers the advantage of getting a single preset for a sound. You can of course use a host within a host eg use eXT to host the chain. Some penalties in CPU power might apply.

egbert wrote:The DSP and GUIs are superb with LePou's amps so really we would benefit most from him doing what he enjoys most. Perhaps a third party could put a useful chainer plugin together. Getting the stomps+amp+CAB+FX all in one integrated GUI is a big advantage for quick workflow. I don't know if this is even possible with separate plugs in a chainer type host. The chainer offers the advantage of getting a single preset for a sound. You can of course use a host within a host eg use eXT to host the chain. Some penalties in CPU power might apply.
It is easily possible to chain them together. I use GTR and POD Farm Stomps, and LePou, POD Farm, or AcmeBarGig amps all inside Revalver standalone. I actually like having all the plug-ins to be separate, that way I can build my own rack. :)

Back on topic - Lecto is the best Rectifier clone I've heard so far.
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

Yeah, read your posts over at the peavey forum and acmebargig forum, too. You change your mind often about what's the best sounding modeller HiHi Depends on the forum and how unobserved you feel. HiHi

Your favorite joke is the revalver joke: The bugs are the users fault. Very Happy

Can't wait: What's the best modeller tomorrow? Axe Fx? Rolling Eyes
Last edited by bishop666 on Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Effects”