Beat Twista for MFM2

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know this is going to sound like I'm the developers brother or best friend, but really, I'm not. For more info look at the thread about wanting to know more about MFM2.

I took advantage of his pre-release deal and got a zip file in the mail today. It's pretty amazing. Actually, I find it hard to even figure how the hell he managed to get MFM2 to do what it's doing.

It's very very mangling, but in very musical ways (although there are a few patches that seem like total chaos).

I previewed these patches on a variety of loops: simple and complex rhythms, drums and electronics, bass and stick loops, and complex pads. I picked a preset, tried a loop, if that didn't work, tried a different type of loop and when something jibed, played with the modulations. For instance, preset Pad Twista really didn't work with the pad sound I was using, but the next preset, Polyrhythms org, worked great (at least for my ears).

These are intensely modulated patches with msegs and lfos galore. Each patch has info with basic usage information. Modulations also appear to be different bar lengths so that there are nice variations over several bars with lots of interesting motion.

This is killer and just what MFM2 has needed. If you have MFM2 you should really check it out.

That's a very nice testimonial I only just found via the search function - thank's krankyone, mind if I link it from the MFM2 page on patchpool?

Please do.

Return to “u-he”